How NOT to unicycle : A Helpful Guide

Old April 19th 05, 03:05 AM
THE dave

smooth, real smooth, so how deep was the water, in case your uni didnt
float?

--
THE dave - Telemark Master

Toast
dave

My nimbus is brokish...
MUni 4 Life
THE dave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9259

Old April 19th 05, 03:50 AM
unicyclistjoe

Lol...thanks for all the props people...as far as pulling a joe goes...i
don't think that one will stick

the water i think is about 3-4m deep.

Pete66 - screw you.

--
unicyclistjoe - Wellington's Best Trials Unicyclist

I am very clever and handsome
unicyclistjoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6856

Old April 19th 05, 03:53 AM
Denali

Hey, I PJ-ed(Pulled a Joe) once...But this one is hilarious

--
Denali - Heil Denali
Denali's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9085

Old April 19th 05, 04:06 AM
unicyclistjoe

Denali wrote:
*Hey, I PJ-ed(Pulled a Joe) once...But this one is hilarious *

Do tell! There needs to be more people (not just me) with embarrassing
stories in this post...

Old April 19th 05, 04:22 AM
Denali

Well, it wasn't any 3-4m thingie...It had just rained and I ride into a
ditch thinking it was a small puddle. Suddenly the ground vanishes from
under my feet and I'm taking a cold, muddy bath...No pics of the actual
thing but a few of me and another guy before the plunge...

Old April 19th 05, 04:30 AM
unicyclistjoe

Oooh...nasty. Puddles can be deceptive like that...it's always safer to
rolling hop them

Old April 20th 05, 12:58 AM
tuck

excellent!!

--
tuck
tuck's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9604

Old April 20th 05, 01:34 AM
YOnicycle

Hilarious! Thanks for sharing, Joe. Your writeup is even better than a
video would be!

BTW, you were lucky, that you were on a trials. I know three unicyclists
who can proof that freestyle-unis do NOT float!

*During the parade at the European Juggling Convention in Rotterdam my
uni fell into a "gracht". I had thrown it about 3m onto the lawn, next
to the street. But the tyre bounced and the uni rolled and tumbled 6-8m
down the very slight decline towards the canal and *splash*! Luckily,
the water was only 50cm deep, so I pulled up my sleeve and rescued my
poor uni.
Should have been for an action-photo, but the camera was blocked!

*A friend tried to idle on the rear platform of a treadle-boat... The
water was clear and warm and only 2m deep...

*Another friend rode along Danube-Canal in Vienna. There is a wide
asphalt-path along the canal with a 2m drop into the water. So lots of
space for unicycling... While riding one-footed, he tumbled and the uni
shot out underneath him and skid towards the Canal and into the dull
water. Remember: freestyle-unis do NOT float!
Some weeks (!) later, water-level was low enough to spot the sunken uni,
if you knew where it should rest! He managed to throw a kind of hook,
tied to a rope, between the spokes and pull out the uni. The crowd was
cheering!!

Sorry, no photos at all!

Jan

--