Getting my Jr. High unicycling!

Old April 20th 05, 07:45 AM
GILD

mboulanger wrote:
*...the guys who make fun of you in the next four years will be
pumping your gas for the next forty.... *

that is a marvellous quote and it reminds me, i need to go fill up

--
GILD - Waffle-Tosser and Time-bider

if you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.--
'alice' (http://tinyurl.com/dt7ye) 'roosevelt'
(http://tinyurl.com/5ngze) longworth
I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages.-- William H.
Mauldin

...using nietzsche's metaphysics to escape from
christianity...-'metro_tramp on the value of metaphysics'
(http://tinyurl.com/4sjw6)-
it's hard to be sure, and good to be paranoid...john childs on life on
the internet
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://tinyurl.com/ywxgb)

Old April 20th 05, 08:32 AM
tomblackwood

mboulanger wrote:
*Don't worry about it man... the guys who make fun of you in the next
four years will be pumping your gas for the next forty.

Seriously, the kids in junior high and high school who make fun of
other people, especially for doing/being different are huge losers.
There was this guy in my school, captain of everything, party animal,
could go out with any girl in the school, and he was a total jerk to
anybody who didn't fit in. Know what? The girls moved on to better
things, high school sports is over after high school, and last I heard
he was checking people out at the A+P. Meanwhile, the guys who didn't
fit in are doing all sorts of cool things with their lives, have great
wives/families and nice lives.

I say go for the uni thing, and spread the sport to as many people as
you can. *

Trust a geezer: Mboulanger's post is Truth with a Capital T. It may seem
like a tough price to pay now, but don't sweat it and don't compromise.
I've now been to my 10 and 20 Year high school reunions, and almost w/o
exception, the sh!the@ds back then are still sh!the@ds, except all the
things they thought they had going for them are now gone gone gone. The
most successful guys from my graduating class were some of the biggest
"picked on nerds". One is now a brain surgeon of some reknown with a
great wife and family and unbelievable income, and another is a
nationally-known writer with two best-selling books on creating loving
and successful families. The guy who was the biggest asshole to me is
now a Fritos salesman, peddaling bags of chips to 7-11s in a small
square of upstate New York. I love Fritos, but I know which stores to
avoid.

And like GILD, I'm reminded I need to go get my tank filled.

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

Tailgate at your own risk.....

"By George! The man's a genius!"
Murde Mental

Old April 20th 05, 09:13 AM
GILD

tomblackwood wrote:
*The guy who was the biggest asshole to me is now a Fritos salesman,
peddaling bags of chips to 7-11s in a small square of upstate New
York*

on a -b*-cycle?!?
the ultimate insult

the most memorable guy at my 12 year highschool reunion (which reminds
me, we have a 20th sometime this year) was a trouble maker of note in
highschool
at one stage he got a fine for driving a motorcar without a license and
came to me to ask him to write a letter to the authorities to explain
that the friend who drove to the function got very drunk and rather than
have a drunk driver on the roads, he decided to drive believing that an
unlicensed driver was less of a danger than a drunk one
i quite agreed with him and despite his request being the only 10 decent
words he spoke to me for most of that year, wrote the letter
the fine was cancelled and he received a letter of apology from the head
of the traffic department

when i saw him again 12 years later, he'd turned into a traditional
'pillar of the community', manager of a life assurance company's office
in a medium sized town, wife and three kids
his wild-boy days well behind him

Old April 20th 05, 01:53 PM
yoopers

tomblackwood wrote:
*another is a nationally-known writer with two best-selling books on
creating loving and successful families.*

Who is that? I'm very curious.

Thanks,
Bruce

--
yoopers - Bruce & Mary Edwards

Munipsycho on the art of raising children: "My job is not to keep them
from falling. It's to teach them to always get back up."
yoopers's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/31

Old April 20th 05, 02:35 PM
mucRider

mboulanger wrote:
*Don't worry about it man... the guys who make fun of you in the next
four years will be pumping your gas for the next forty.
*

Well said.

I used to run into these guys years after high school. They were selling
stuff at the auto parts store.

--
mucRider - From the Over 50 Group

There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary
and those who don't.
mucRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6119

Old April 20th 05, 05:19 PM
drewation

grade 7 to 12 can be a long time but w/e i dont care do what you like
these people are all older and im sure they realize it now but backt
then didnt

--
drewation - team YAMS member

'SUNIC home page' (http://www.sunic.s5.com)