Cyclists fighting among themselves (or something)...

Old June 13th 20, 04:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

Default Cyclists fighting among themselves (or something)...

.... perhaps they're just looking for lone female victims again, even if
they are on bikes?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-53035084

QUOTE:
At least two women have been pushed into a canal by a gang of young men
on bikes. Xxxxxx Xxxxxx was shoved into the water near the University of
Birmingham as she cycled past the group on Friday evening. Shortly
afterwards, as she made her way home, she came across another woman who
had also been pushed in.

Ms Xxxxxx, who has reported the matter to police, was left bruised and
shaken but otherwise unhurt. West Midlands Police has yet to comment.

The 26-year-old said she often cycles along the route by the University
of Birmingham and had been out alone for a leisure ride when it happened.

She said she does not really remember getting out of the canal, but
managed to retrieve her bike and carried on a short way where she came
across another victim by The Vale student accommodation.

"I could see another woman, about my age, in tears and two cyclists
helping her," she said. "She had been pushed in too.

"I am still a bit shocked by it all, but I've had a huge response to the
incident on Twitter.

"I'm going to carry on cycling but I think I will avoid the canal for a
bit. I'm worried they have targeted other women."
ENDQUOTE

Schoolgirl, 12, fighting for life after being struck in hit-and-run+warning to cyclists Bod[_5_] UK 4 December 29th 19 12:17 PM
Fighting over the last Sheffield Stand - cyclists are pathetic Simon Jester UK 0 June 21st 19 08:16 PM
Cyclists Fighting Cancer Bod[_5_] UK 3 April 16th 19 03:31 PM
Nice to see cyclists fighting back. brianrob1961 UK 89 October 25th 13 06:48 PM
Fighting Cyclists Mr Pounder UK 6 November 25th 11 02:41 PM