Cyclists waste petrol

Old September 10th 18, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

Default Cyclists waste petrol

On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 08:32:09 +0100, Bob Eager wrote:

On Sun, 09 Sep 2018 21:45:21 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 09/09/2018 05:48 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
In the UK the cops are in fear of being done for assault. They're
always very polite and behave like girls. It's quite funny arguing
with a traffic cop, they let you insult them.

Yes, well that's the UK... I'm sure you read enough US news to realize
this is not the UK.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/officer-ar...ide-apartment-

wrongly-thought/story?id=57715416

What surprised me there was that they actually arrested her at all.

Indeed, in America they usually just shoot you.
Old September 10th 18, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 05:54:57 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/09/2018 01:05 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 09 Sep 2018 19:26:59 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/09/2018 08:59 AM, Jimbore at the trailer trash park ... wrote:
I used to flash volvos to tell them their lights were on during the
day and
also flash them to tell them there lights were off and should be on
during
the day .....now every buggers font lights are on...no fun any more.....

I had a car with DRL. I got pulled over by a cop who alleged ifthe
headlights were on and the tail lights weren't. the tail lights must be
broken. "Listen, you silly ****, did you get out of cop school
yesterday?'

The cop was correct, if a car has headlights on when the tailights
aren't, then it's designed wrongly.

Not with DLRs.

Yes with DLRs. The DLR is a VERY VERY stupid invention.

I don't think they are mandatory in this country yet but
they are in Canada.

If I ever own a car with DLRs, thee first thing I do will be to diable them.

What I found annoying was at dusk you would think
your headlights were on but they really weren't.

I constantly see people driving around with only their front lights on at night. This is because the stupid ****ed up DLRs are already on, so there's nothing to tell the driver he should put his lights on when it gets dark.
Old September 10th 18, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_]

On 09/10/2018 01:32 AM, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sun, 09 Sep 2018 21:45:21 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 09/09/2018 05:48 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
In the UK the cops are in fear of being done for assault. They're
always very polite and behave like girls. It's quite funny arguing
with a traffic cop, they let you insult them.

Yes, well that's the UK... I'm sure you read enough US news to realize
this is not the UK.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/officer-ar...ide-apartment-

wrongly-thought/story?id=57715416

What surprised me there was that they actually arrested her at all.

There are some things you just can't spin. In this state he could have
shot her and called the cops to haul her away.

Old September 10th 18, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_]

On 09/09/2018 10:53 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
rbowman wrote
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Once you lot are out of the EU, you'll have decent Korean cars
available

Like Dacia and Daiwoo? Loads of them about already.

Dacias are Romanian, aren't they?

Yep, and a Renault subsidiary there.

While I work with a woman named Dacia, that's as close as I'll ever get
to one. We don't even have Renaults any more and after the Yugo, any
eastern European creations are suspect. There are some who feel that the
only worthwhile thing Clinton did was bombing the Yugo plant.

Old September 10th 18, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 17:57:32 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/09/2018 10:53 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
rbowman wrote
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Once you lot are out of the EU, you'll have decent Korean cars
available

Like Dacia and Daiwoo? Loads of them about already.

Dacias are Romanian, aren't they?

Yep, and a Renault subsidiary there.

While I work with a woman named Dacia, that's as close as I'll ever get
to one. We don't even have Renaults any more and after the Yugo, any
eastern European creations are suspect. There are some who feel that the
only worthwhile thing Clinton did was bombing the Yugo plant.

I've yet to see any car that's reliable. Why, in the 21st century, can't we make anything that just keeps working?
Old September 10th 18, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 04:39:20 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/09/2018 11:40 AM, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
True, but if cycling through town, I'd wear shorts and tshirt.

More fool you in the depths of winter.

Oh, sweet Jesus... Here we go with Knife's fantasy that he can control
his body temperature like some Indian fakir and melt ice with his
wedding tackle at 20 below. Centigrade, Fahrenheit, take your pick.

It's called being warm blooded. Put a tropical fish in cold water and it
dies. Put a mammal in cold water and it shivers.

Leave the mammal in cold enough water for long enough and it dies.

Old September 10th 18, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 04:45:21 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/09/2018 05:48 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
In the UK the cops are in fear of being done for assault. They're
always very polite and behave like girls. It's quite funny arguing with
a traffic cop, they let you insult them.

Yes, well that's the UK... I'm sure you read enough US news to realize
this is not the UK.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/officer-ar...ry?id=57715416

How ****ed up do you have to be to think you're in your house when you're
in someone else's?

There might just be a reason for that immortal 'little boxes' line.

She deserves everything she gets.

We'll see if she gets anything. This one didn't.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooti...Justine_Damond

Old September 10th 18, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 08:32:09 +0100, Bob Eager wrote:

On Sun, 09 Sep 2018 21:45:21 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 09/09/2018 05:48 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
In the UK the cops are in fear of being done for assault. They're
always very polite and behave like girls. It's quite funny arguing
with a traffic cop, they let you insult them.

Yes, well that's the UK... I'm sure you read enough US news to realize
this is not the UK.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/officer-ar...ide-apartment-

wrongly-thought/story?id=57715416

What surprised me there was that they actually arrested her at all.

Indeed, in America they usually just shoot you.

They hardly ever do that with cops.

Old September 10th 18, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Mr Pounder Esquire

wrote:
On 09/09/2018 10:53 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
rbowman wrote
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Once you lot are out of the EU, you'll have decent Korean cars
available

Like Dacia and Daiwoo? Loads of them about already.

Dacias are Romanian, aren't they?

Yep, and a Renault subsidiary there.

While I work with a woman named Dacia, that's as close as I'll ever
get to one. We don't even have Renaults any more and after the Yugo,
any eastern European creations are suspect. There are some who feel
that the only worthwhile thing Clinton did was bombing the Yugo
plant.

I've yet to see any car that's reliable. Why, in the 21st century,
can't we make anything that just keeps working?

Why are you not working, Phucker?

Old September 10th 18, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

wrote:
On 09/09/2018 10:53 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
rbowman wrote
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Once you lot are out of the EU, you'll have decent Korean cars
available

Like Dacia and Daiwoo? Loads of them about already.

Dacias are Romanian, aren't they?

Yep, and a Renault subsidiary there.

While I work with a woman named Dacia, that's as close as I'll ever
get to one. We don't even have Renaults any more and after the Yugo,
any eastern European creations are suspect. There are some who feel
that the only worthwhile thing Clinton did was bombing the Yugo
plant.

I've yet to see any car that's reliable. Why, in the 21st century,
can't we make anything that just keeps working?

Why are you not working, Phucker?

Why should I work 7 days a week?

This is what cyclists waste tax payers' money on James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] UK 123 February 12th 17 10:08 PM
Another waste of effort Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 2 September 21st 11 09:56 AM
So here is some total waste Anton Berlin Racing 6 August 4th 09 05:05 AM
Wot a waste [email protected] UK 11 February 28th 08 08:24 AM
Probably a waste of my time but its my time to waste Jeff Grippe Recumbent Biking 78 January 17th 07 11:30 PM