Electric assist bikes

Old August 21st 03, 11:03 AM
seagrass

Default Electric assist bikes

Half listening to Radio National the other night, I heard an item regarding
a new electrical motor assisted bike designed at the Uni of NT and in the
shops real soon.

Anybody know more? Sydney stockers?

Old August 21st 03, 12:29 PM
Luther Blissett

seagrass wrote:

Half listening to Radio National the other night, I heard an item regarding
a new electrical motor assisted bike designed at the Uni of NT and in the
shops real soon.

Anybody know more? Sydney stockers?

The outfit that did the research was the NT Centre for Energy Research
(http://www.ntcer.ntu.edu.au/)
They were granted money by the NTU Foundation for the project but there
is no mention of it on the NTCER website!
Maybe if you contact them ) they will let you
know what's happening.

--
Cheers
LB

Old August 21st 03, 12:36 PM
Russell Lang

"seagrass" wrote in message
Half listening to Radio National the other night, I heard an item

regarding
a new electrical motor assisted bike designed at the Uni of NT and in the
shops real soon.

Anybody know more? Sydney stockers?

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/science/ss/
First 9 minutes of the 16 August 2003 program.
No stockists mentioned, but they hope to have them in the
stores by Christmas. Sounds like a better engineered version
than the Toprun motor I have on my bike. A Lithium Ion
battery (a future proposal) would be great for weight reduction.

Old August 21st 03, 03:26 PM
Al User

In the interview Developer Dean Patterson from the Uni of NT stated
that they are developing a bike icw a NZ bike company.
Can anyone spell Avanti? Cost projected around $1600

They're also looking at selling a Retrofit kit for around $1000.

Website is http://www.imtmotors.com/
http://www.imtmotors.com/Photos/Bike...0on%20bike.jpg

"IMT currently has in their range the following products :

* Direct drive bicycle motor - several versions, up to 720W with
over 90% efficiency. These include suitable electronic controllers,
driver controls and battery management as required"
Al.

Old August 23rd 03, 03:16 AM
Andrew Swan

seagrass wrote:
Half listening to Radio National the other night, I heard an item regarding
a new electrical motor assisted bike designed at the Uni of NT and in the
shops real soon.

Anybody know more? Sydney stockers?

Are they UCI-approved? ;-)

&roo