On its way

Old January 19th 07, 04:00 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

Default On its way

Since I'm moving and I'll have a garage again, I figured I'd start adding to
my stable. And since I'm moving out of the hills and back to the flatlands
I figured I'd make myself a fixie.

http://homepage.mac.com/getosx/fixie.jpg

It's being shipped out tomorrow. It's an early 80s Motobecane Jubilee
Sport. My first "serious" road bike was a 1980 Jubilee Sport, it was blue
so this one isn't an '80 but it's real close because all the parts except
the handlebar tape are the same.

Greg
--
"What have you got in that paper bag?
Is it a dose of Vitamin C?

Old January 19th 07, 05:03 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

G.T. wrote:
Since I'm moving and I'll have a garage again, I figured I'd start adding to
my stable. And since I'm moving out of the hills and back to the flatlands
I figured I'd make myself a fixie.

http://homepage.mac.com/getosx/fixie.jpg

It's being shipped out tomorrow. It's an early 80s Motobecane Jubilee
Sport. My first "serious" road bike was a 1980 Jubilee Sport, it was blue
so this one isn't an '80 but it's real close because all the parts except
the handlebar tape are the same.

Greg

Cool. My first road bike was also a similar Motobecane (3rd gen
hand-me-down). I thought it was tha shiznit at the time!

Matt
Old January 19th 07, 09:21 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

MattB wrote:
G.T. wrote:
Since I'm moving and I'll have a garage again, I figured I'd start adding to
my stable. And since I'm moving out of the hills and back to the flatlands
I figured I'd make myself a fixie.

http://homepage.mac.com/getosx/fixie.jpg

It's being shipped out tomorrow. It's an early 80s Motobecane Jubilee
Sport. My first "serious" road bike was a 1980 Jubilee Sport, it was blue
so this one isn't an '80 but it's real close because all the parts except
the handlebar tape are the same.

Greg

Cool. My first road bike was also a similar Motobecane (3rd gen
hand-me-down). I thought it was tha shiznit at the time!

Matt

Cheese eatin' surrender monkeys! My first road bike was a SCHWINN
VARSITY, made in CHICAGO, USA.

JD heavy metal

Old January 19th 07, 09:43 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

JD wrote:
MattB wrote:

G.T. wrote:

Since I'm moving and I'll have a garage again, I figured I'd start adding to
my stable. And since I'm moving out of the hills and back to the flatlands
I figured I'd make myself a fixie.

http://homepage.mac.com/getosx/fixie.jpg

It's being shipped out tomorrow. It's an early 80s Motobecane Jubilee
Sport. My first "serious" road bike was a 1980 Jubilee Sport, it was blue
so this one isn't an '80 but it's real close because all the parts except
the handlebar tape are the same.

Greg

Cool. My first road bike was also a similar Motobecane (3rd gen
hand-me-down). I thought it was tha shiznit at the time!

Matt

Cheese eatin' surrender monkeys! My first road bike was a SCHWINN
VARSITY, made in CHICAGO, USA.

JD heavy metal

....and I love wine, cheese, and even escargot.

Matt (no Freedom Fries for me)
Old January 19th 07, 10:16 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

G.T. wrote:
Since I'm moving and I'll have a garage again, I figured I'd start adding to
my stable. And since I'm moving out of the hills and back to the flatlands
I figured I'd make myself a fixie.

http://homepage.mac.com/getosx/fixie.jpg

It's being shipped out tomorrow. It's an early 80s Motobecane Jubilee
Sport. My first "serious" road bike was a 1980 Jubilee Sport, it was blue
so this one isn't an '80 but it's real close because all the parts except
the handlebar tape are the same.

Greg
--
"What have you got in that paper bag?
Is it a dose of Vitamin C?
Ain't got no time for Western medicine
I am Damo Suzuki" - Mark E Smith

Nice. At first glance, I though 'getosx' was 'goatse'. Happily, it was
just a pic of a nice, sensible candidate for a fixie. What kind of
gruppo is on there now?
/s

Old January 20th 07, 01:13 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

Scott Gordo wrote:
What kind of gruppo is on there now?

Here's my guess...an old one.

JD

Old January 20th 07, 01:17 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

"JD" wrote in message
oups.com...

MattB wrote:
G.T. wrote:
[...]

Well, my first road bike was a SEARS FREE SPIRIT, made somewhere in the USA.
The Motobecane was the first one with aluminum rims, bars, seatpost, etc.

Greg heavier metal

Old January 20th 07, 01:20 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

"Scott Gordo" wrote in message
ups.com...

G.T. wrote:
[...]

It's a Suntour Blueline drivetrain, SR cranks, Weinman brakes, IIRC. It was
about $375 new when I bought one in the summer of 1980.

Greg

Old January 20th 07, 01:38 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

G.T. wrote:
"JD" wrote in message
oups.com...

MattB wrote:
G.T. wrote:
[...]

I dunno, man. Some of those Free Spirits were lugged and much lighter
than the Varsity. The Varsity was like Black Sabbath whereas the Free
Spirits were like The Sweet...

JD heaviest metal

Old January 20th 07, 03:14 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Shawn

G.T. wrote:
[...]

Weinman concave rims? I had those on my '78 Motobeercan. I ended up
using them for cross. Tough rims. :-)

Shawn