Ride-A-Lot, practice on this sequence

Old February 3rd 07, 08:51 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.music.rush
LIBERATOR

Default Ride-A-Lot, practice on this sequence

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/p...772&photo=2829

Ride-A-Lot, this is Mnt Falcon, the trail you feared and didn't ride,
but had someone else ride and film and then you posted it on your site
claiming it was you.

Try hitting this at 20MPH as most good MTBers do, I did, it's a buzz
like a drug. There's also some jumps right after it but my camera
wasn't good enough to get it all.

But how come 56 year old women can ride Apex, yet you, pookums, can't
ride Mnt Falcon?

If I told you Mooseys were on Mnt Falcon stealing, eating all the
fish, would you be inclined to deploy and meet them for battle?

C'mon Ridey, your website & films are so boring, so elderly geared,
can't you at least once film yourself doing something tough?

You know, you're so big fat & plumpy, you could probably impersonate a
taboggin and slide down a ski hill on your belly. Why don't you do
that for us so we at least get some entertainment value from you?

How about going down on your belly like a human taboggin, but eating a
jar of pickles with one hand whilst doing it?

Old February 3rd 07, 09:05 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
daddy

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 12:51:53 -0800, LIBERATOR wrote:

[...]

Looks to much like a black diamond for Virginia and I. Me and Elvis
will stick with "Dakota". Later Ace....

on another topic...

God I love my SB. What a sweet ride! After my shakedown cruise,
had to tinker with the der's. But typical for any new builds.
Saving coin now to go with a tubeless setup. (Still using Mr. Tuffy's
with my Panaracer Firepro's).

Old February 3rd 07, 09:36 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

daddy wrote:

God I love my SB. What a sweet ride! After my shakedown cruise,
had to tinker with the der's. But typical for any new builds.
Saving coin now to go with a tubeless setup. (Still using Mr. Tuffy's
with my Panaracer Firepro's).

I use slime tubes when I'm out your way. Not a flat with those in three
years. I had a flat with GeeDub in Sedona once, but it was in a tire
that didn't have a slime tube.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old February 4th 07, 12:21 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
tom

On Feb 3, 1:36 pm, Ride-A-Lot wrote:
daddy wrote:
God I love my SB. What a sweet ride! After my shakedown cruise,
had to tinker with the der's. But typical for any new builds.
Saving coin now to go with a tubeless setup. (Still using Mr. Tuffy's
with my Panaracer Firepro's).

I use slime tubes when I'm out your way. Not a flat with those in three
years. I had a flat with GeeDub in Sedona once, but it was in a tire
that didn't have a slime tube.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-owww.schnauzers.ws

Just make sure you get the "real" slime tubes, as some mail-order
brands seem to suck. DAMHIK. Tom

Old February 4th 07, 03:24 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
daddy wrote:

God I love my SB. What a sweet ride! After my shakedown cruise,
had to tinker with the der's. But typical for any new builds. Saving
coin now to go with a tubeless setup. (Still using Mr. Tuffy's
with my Panaracer Firepro's).

I use slime tubes when I'm out your way. Not a flat with those in three
years. I had a flat with GeeDub in Sedona once, but it was in a tire that
didn't have a slime tube.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

You also had a flat on T-100 the first time we rode it.
No flats for me today. 17 miles and part of Goat Camp...no, no, silly, not
the gnarly part. Large group ride with half doing the GC loop (includes the
gnarly dh) and the other sane half doing an OAB. Close to 3000' of
elevation gain today.

Gary

Old February 4th 07, 03:43 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
daddy

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 20:24:46 -0700, GeeDubb wrote:

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
daddy wrote:

God I love my SB. What a sweet ride! After my shakedown cruise,
had to tinker with the der's. But typical for any new builds. Saving
coin now to go with a tubeless setup. (Still using Mr. Tuffy's
with my Panaracer Firepro's).

I use slime tubes when I'm out your way. Not a flat with those in three
years. I had a flat with GeeDub in Sedona once, but it was in a tire that
didn't have a slime tube.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

You also had a flat on T-100 the first time we rode it.
No flats for me today. 17 miles and part of Goat Camp...no, no, silly, not
the gnarly part. Large group ride with half doing the GC loop (includes the
gnarly dh) and the other sane half doing an OAB. Close to 3000' of
elevation gain today.

Gary

Gary,

you ride through some pretty good desert terrain. What's your setup?
tubeless?, liners?, slime? (sorry if you already mentioned this).

thanks,
-Gregg

Old February 4th 07, 02:04 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

news

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
daddy wrote:

[...]

Just tires and tubes. Just learn to avoid the cacti or learn to deal with
fast flat fixing :-). I ran slime for some time but found I just had a
big mess when I hit cactus thorns. As for tubeless......carry extra tubes!

I think I get more flats from road riding and attack of the goat heads that
accumulate in the gutter.

Old February 4th 07, 03:39 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
daddy

On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 07:04:27 -0700, GeeDubb wrote:

news

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
daddy wrote:

[...]

I've got an HT that I've put on about 1,700 miles. 60% road & the rest is
horse trails, canals, and desert washes. (near my home). No flats ever.
(knock on wood). I've been using Mr. Tuffy's with the same set of tubes.

My Brother-in-law switched to Tubeless about 6 months ago, and swears by
it.

avoid the Chollas & goat heads, not an issue... :-)

pict of mean tight sequence on Mnt Falcon LIBERATOR Mountain Biking 0 November 4th 06 07:06 PM
Awesome practice monkeyman Unicycling 1 August 27th 06 04:13 AM
Sequence Photos KcTheAcy Unicycling 25 March 15th 06 06:42 PM
Practice day 2 unicycleboy Unicycling 6 December 19th 05 08:34 PM
Today's Practice unicycleboy Unicycling 6 December 17th 05 07:21 PM