Tips please--- How to fall and avoid injury.

Old December 19th 08, 03:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Default Tips please--- How to fall and avoid injury.

zogola;1152886 wrote:
I think I'll draw the line at 4 sets. And no tractors.

Ok, here's a nice little 4 set for yee!

30236

|Filename: 4 set.jpg |

MuniAddict

::'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com)

'' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/member.php?u=12920)::
Old December 19th 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zogola

Jerrick;1152874 wrote:
Take a few martial arts classes. A lot of them will have classes just on
learning how to fall and roll. Doesnt take years of classes either.

Does it take a long time for the lessons to become ingrained enough to
be second nature when you are about to eat it? Do the lessons still
help with the sometimes awkward (and FAST) ways a person falls from a
uni?

Kurt

--
zogola
Old December 19th 08, 03:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zogola

MuniAddict;1152888 wrote:
Ok, here's a nice little 4 set for yee!

30236

Nobody would call me a sissy for calling it quits at a 2 set, would
they?
Kurt

--
zogola
Old December 19th 08, 03:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

MuniAddict;1152888 wrote:
Ok, here's a nice little 4 set for yee!

30236

i count 12 and i want to jump it now.

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

'MY VIDEOS' (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)
'World Record' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oig5IEq-v4Y)
"dude when i first got into this sport and saw one of you videos i
almost threw up it was so sick"
Old December 19th 08, 03:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tyler_N

you could become a ninja if you think that will help. Its worked out
great for me. jk. i wish i was a ninja

--
Tyler_N

*uniproshop.com*
'' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTWXrpx-vnc)
'My latest video!' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6PPpcKrm1A)

'*MYSPACE*' (myspace.com/munirider)
Old December 19th 08, 03:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zogola

Tyler_N;1152910 wrote:
you could become a ninja if you think that will help. Its worked out
great for me. jk. i wish i was a ninja

Perhaps Ninja Unicyclist is just the job description I've been seeking
all my life. As a Ninja Unicyclist, what are your suggestions with
regard to situations in which the torso continues to move forward after
the wheel has stopped?

Kurt

--
zogola
Old December 19th 08, 04:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tyler_N

zogola;1152921 wrote:
Perhaps Ninja Unicyclist is just the job description I've been seeking
all my life. As a Ninja Unicyclist, what are your suggestions with
regard to situations in which the torso continues to move forward after
the wheel has stopped?

Kurt

In a situation like this you should start pedaling. fast. like faster
than if you were being chased by a hungry clown. (yea, that's pretty
fast, i know)

Old December 19th 08, 04:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zogola

I've heard it said that clowns feed on fear.

Kurt

--
zogola
Old December 19th 08, 04:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zogola

Aside from becoming a Ninja Unicyclist, does anyone have any additional
suggestions for eating it without breaking it?

Kurt

--
zogola
Old December 19th 08, 04:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Joseppi

zogola;1152949 wrote:
Aside from becoming a Ninja Unicyclist, does anyone have any additional
suggestions for eating it without breaking it?

Kurt

Honestly, I'd say the best way to eat it without breaking it is to eat
it........a lot. I feel that I have pretty great reflexes when falling,
but I've taken my share of injury to get me to that point. Falling
properly comes from experience in falling, as unfortunate as that may
be. I would recommend practicing tricks that are only marginally above
your ability; learn to fall as you go.

If you want super reflexes, you might take up freerunning . The
extra dexterity might help.

--
Joseppi

'Team Freestyle' (http://silentaftermath.com/)