Speech Impediments?

Old May 2nd 12, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default Speech Impediments?

On Tue, 01 May 2012 00:27:02 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

I think I've got this worked out, but could anyone confirm my
translation of the Hull speech impediment?

"dob them in to their gaffers"

Indeed - "gaffers" can extend to HR Managers and directors.

I think this means that anyone stealing from, or defrauding their
employers should be grassed up. Is that correct?

Does this apply to employees of BP Chemicals?

Oh yes - I understand that they promise to take action.

"dead drop", "live drop".

I assume this refers to grocery deliveries, but does anyone have a clue
what these phrases actually mean?

No - they are related to drugs deliveries. Drug taking is quite a social
problem in Hull

"our lass".

Does this refer to the 16 stone sweaty wife of a Hull resident?

No - I am sorry you have this wrong. It refers to a 15 stone sweaty wife -
after she has lost a full stone over a six month period.

"a session up Sprout Hill".

Is this a reference to consensual anal sex?

Yes - exactly right.

Old May 3rd 12, 06:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Default Hoy asks for organisers' help in resolving Olympic ticket headache

On May 2, 9:39*am, Simon Mason wrote:
On May 1, 5:16*am, Simon Mason wrote:

The track star, who looks likely to defend his titles in the team
sprint and the keirin this summer, with Jason Kenny favourite to
secure the single GB spot in the individual sprint, needs one gold
medal to match Sir Steve Redgrave’s British record of five; the rower
also has one bronze medal, but Hoy already has a silver in his
collection.

It would be truly remarkable if Sir Chris could surpass Steve
Redgrave's total of five golds.
Mind you, he already has a knighthood.

Maybe they could make him Lord Hoy of somewhere like they did with Seb
Coe.

--
Simon Mason

fed up with hate speech? Nuxx Bar[_3_] UK 11 July 30th 11 01:37 AM
Unicycle Speech zogola Unicycling 6 January 15th 09 02:32 AM
Unicycle Speech dtecum Unicycling 3 January 12th 09 12:11 AM
Unicycle Speech SamGoodburn Unicycling 0 January 10th 09 09:29 PM
Coward! MARTY BOY +61604550700 is an enemy of freedom of speech and hatesfreedom of speech - He wants to police, rule, and control newsgroupsand people like the perfect little jackbooted Nazi he is Wewepeeoncpd Australia 0 July 18th 05 10:52 PM