61 year old man prepares for cross country ride

Old February 28th 05, 11:00 PM
b_baka

Ken Marcet wrote:
"older" is a relative statement, I am 32 so 61 is "older", I am not saying
the he is old, just that he is older than me! Didn't mean to offend anyone.
Old would be in the late 70's or beyond!

Ken

"Ron Wallenfang" wrote in message

Who said 61 is old? I've revised my opinion on that point.

Ron Wallenfang dob 11-20-43

"Ken Marcet" wrote in message

to ride from KY to CA.
http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky...e/11007946.htm
Prepares to retrace route he took in 1967 from CA to KY. Plans to carry
laptop and teach an online course to KY students.

Sounds like a pretty good trip for an older guy.

Ken

--
More of my mind dribblings: http://mind-dribble.blogspot.com/

Try going head top head with someone really 'old' like Jack Lalanne at
90/91. He will probably drop you at the first anykind of exercise. I
don't know that he bikes but he works out a minimum of 2 hours every
single day of his life no matter what. 90 yes, but not old. I just saw
him on television the other day pushing his version of the juicer and he
did not look 80. Check out Chuck Norris, at 65 standing next to Christie
Brinkley and doing his Gym commercials. He had a 25 something
bodybuilder try the same set of exercises that he made look simple and
the bodybuilder was sweating.
Go figure that.
Bill Baka
Bill Baka
Old March 2nd 05, 04:26 AM
Patrick Lamb

"Ken Marcet" wrote in message
to ride from KY to CA.
http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky...e/11007946.htm
Prepares to retrace route he took in 1967 from CA to KY. Plans to carry
laptop and teach an online course to KY students.

Sounds like a pretty good trip for an older guy.

Maybe the appropriate question is, "How much older than you are does
'old' start?"

Pat
Email address works as is.
Old March 2nd 05, 04:38 AM
Claire Petersky

Maybe the appropriate question is, "How much older than you are does
'old' start?"

It's been pretty much consistently 15 years older than my present age.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:
See the books I've set free at:

Old March 2nd 05, 04:53 AM
RonSonic

"Ken Marcet" wrote in message
to ride from KY to CA.
http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky...e/11007946.htm
Prepares to retrace route he took in 1967 from CA to KY. Plans to carry
laptop and teach an online course to KY students.

Sounds like a pretty good trip for an older guy.

Maybe the appropriate question is, "How much older than you are does
'old' start?"

About five years older than me. It's been that way for years.

Ron

Old March 2nd 05, 09:27 AM

Ken Marcet wrote:
to ride from KY to CA.
http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky...e/11007946.htm
Prepares to retrace route he took in 1967 from CA to KY. Plans to

carry
laptop and teach an online course to KY students.

Sounds like a pretty good trip for an older guy.

Ken

--
More of my mind dribblings: http://mind-dribble.blogspot.com/

A cross country biker always companying with big automobile. I don't
know if I call this cross country riding.

Cool "Goal Setting" Idea tylercox Unicycling 12 January 2nd 05 07:27 PM
Another interminable write up of a ride Mikefule Unicycling 9 April 1st 04 05:15 AM
Hollywood, Music, Record Holders Gun for Chicago Cycle America/Nat. Bicycle Greenway Recumbent Biking 0 January 26th 04 04:11 PM
3 Gap Ride Report rubic Unicycling 1 October 1st 03 04:08 PM
Almost epic muni ride john_childs Unicycling 17 September 28th 03 04:21 AM