A beautiful brochure on Alpi Apuane

Old November 16th 08, 06:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
sergio

Default A beautiful brochure on Alpi Apuane

This could be for people interested not only on bike riding: a
beautiful brochure on Alpi Apuane, the stunning mountains between
Massa, Carrara and Lucca, in Tuscany (Italy).
I post this for the benefit of anyone, but especially Ken Roberts'.
Meridiani Montagne
Alpi Apuane
n. 31 - marzo 2008
prezzo € 10.00

A back up issue that appears to be still available on special order.

Sergio
Pisa
Old November 21st 08, 06:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Ken Roberts

Thanks for the lead, I've put it in my files -- but I don't think I'll spend
the money until I know I'm actually traveling near there -- which I do hope
happens sometime.

Ken

Old November 21st 08, 11:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
sergio

On 21 Nov, 18:52, "Ken Roberts"
wrote:
Thanks for the lead, I've put it in my files -- but I don't think I'll spend
the money until I know I'm actually traveling near there -- which I do hope
happens sometime.

Too bad, Ken.
I thought that would have been decisive in convincing you to visit
this region.

Sergio
Pisa
Old November 24th 08, 02:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Ken Roberts

I'm already convinced. I already own guidebook + map for the area, and all
your suggestions.

But I don't make decisions about where to ride just by myself. While I do
ride myself some days, it's always vaguely near some riding or hiking or
climbing or skiing I'm doing with somebody else -- or vaguely near an
airport I need to use for something I'm doing with somebody else.

So I have several "dormant" ideas for bicycling that are waiting for when
somebody I know wants to travel somewhere vaguely near them - (like another
one is the coastal areas of Croatia).
Two things that would make Alpi Apuane / Garfagnana more likely a
* non-expensive non-Alitalia flights to Milano on days I want to fly.
* detailed English-language info about via ferrata climbs in Garfagnana -
(it's there in Italian)

As for photos in magazines, regions that people really love have lots of
photos and videos up on the web.
Like on Youtube there's two or three videos of bicycling up and down the
road on Sv. Jure (1762m) near Biokovo in Croatia. Or Mt Ucka in Istria. And
some for Velebit.
(Incidentally, like for Mt Ucka, some riders think the main reason for
climbing the San Pellegrino in Alpi paved road is to be able to do the
off-road descent on dirt.)

Ken

Old November 25th 08, 06:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
sergio

I just read this message that should interest a potential traveller

Sergio
Pisa

Gradite critiche e commenti.

http://mauro-faldi.jalbum.net/Alpi%20Apuane/

Mauro
Old November 28th 08, 03:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Pete

Wow. Those mtns are beautiful. I'm doing a two week tour in Tuscany in
May, but it's Florence and south.