Shipping MTB interstate.

Old April 13th 04, 08:04 AM
Sasha Nackovski

Default Shipping MTB interstate.

Hi folks,

I currently have a 2003 Avanti Montari MTB up for sale, and have recieved
enquiries from both Adelaide and Sydney. Naturally each party would like to
know shipping method and cost upfront. Can anyone advise on the best way to
send the bike- originating in Melbourne BTW- to either of these locations,
and potential cost? Anyone been there, done that? I am estimating the bike
weighs approx 12kgms all up. Australia post will not take it due to its
size, even with the wheels and seat removed.

Thanks,

Sasha

Old April 13th 04, 08:06 AM
Sasha Nackovski

BTW, this bike is on www.ebay.com.au if anyone wants to check it out- type
in Avanti Montari in the search engine.

Sasha

Old April 13th 04, 09:42 PM
idiot

Ring on of the big courier companies and ask them how much it would cos
to ship a 12kg box to wherever. Or think rail freight

Boxing a bike is easy. Go to yer local bike shop and beg an old box fro
them. Take the front wheel off, unbolt the bars and toss in some paddin
- bubble wrap, etc

idio

-