There should be a law against ramming.

Old March 7th 11, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Doug[_3_]

Default There should be a law against ramming.

Some motorists on these newsgroups seem to imagine that there is a
level of provocation beyond which physical violence by ramming with a
car-weapon is fully justified, but only when that provocation is from
groups of cyclists.

Offhand I can't think of any specific law against such ramming.

-- .
Critical Mass London.
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
Drivers ram cyclists because they can.

Old March 7th 11, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
martin

On 07/03/2011 08:40, Doug wrote:
Some motorists on these newsgroups seem to imagine that there is a
level of provocation beyond which physical violence by ramming with a
car-weapon is fully justified, but only when that provocation is from
groups of cyclists.

Oh shut up you boring twit
blah, blah, blah
Old March 7th 11, 08:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Norman Wells[_10_]

Doug wrote:
Some motorists on these newsgroups seem to imagine that there is a
level of provocation beyond which physical violence by ramming with a
car-weapon is fully justified, but only when that provocation is from
groups of cyclists.

Offhand I can't think of any specific law against such ramming.

Excellent news, Doug. Thanks!

Old March 7th 11, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Ian Jackson[_2_]

In message
, Doug
writes
Some motorists on these newsgroups seem to imagine that there is a
level of provocation beyond which physical violence by ramming with a
car-weapon is fully justified, but only when that provocation is from
groups of cyclists.

Offhand I can't think of any specific law against such ramming.

Oh, I'm sure you can.

There's attempted (or actual) murder, probably manslaughter, criminal
damage, all sorts of assault and battery, dangerous driving, driving
with brain disengaged, and no doubt countless more.
--
Ian
Old March 7th 11, 09:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Norman Wells[_10_]

Ian Jackson wrote:
In message
,
Doug writes
Some motorists on these newsgroups seem to imagine that there is a
level of provocation beyond which physical violence by ramming with a
car-weapon is fully justified, but only when that provocation is from
groups of cyclists.

Offhand I can't think of any specific law against such ramming.

Oh, I'm sure you can.

There's attempted (or actual) murder, probably manslaughter, criminal
damage, all sorts of assault and battery, dangerous driving, driving
with brain disengaged, and no doubt countless more.

Killjoy.
Old March 7th 11, 09:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
AndyW

"Doug" wrote in message
Some motorists on these newsgroups seem to imagine that there is a
level of provocation beyond which physical violence by ramming with a
car-weapon is fully justified, but only when that provocation is from
groups of cyclists.

Offhand I can't think of any specific law against such ramming.

What really worries me is that there is no specific law against clubbing a
person over the head with a frozen ostrich leg with lavendar-coloured
ribbons and bacon wrapped around it on the 29th February whilst wearing a
pantomime dame outfit.

Andy

Old March 7th 11, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
BrianW[_2_]

On Mar 7, 9:13*am, "AndyW" wrote:
"Doug" wrote in message

Some motorists on these newsgroups seem to imagine that there is a
level of provocation beyond which physical violence by ramming with a
car-weapon is fully justified, but only when that provocation is from
groups of cyclists.

Offhand I can't think of any specific law against such ramming.

What really worries me is that there is no specific law against clubbing a
person over the head with a frozen ostrich leg with lavendar-coloured
ribbons and bacon wrapped around it on the 29th February whilst wearing a
pantomime dame outfit.

Ooh, ooh, let me think - ah yes, there is, it's the Offences Against
the Person (Refrigerated Limbs of Flightless Birds)(Leap Year)
(Ribbons, Game and Preserved Meats) Act 1861.

Just goes to show how the legal system is biased against Duhg and his
cronies.
Old March 7th 11, 09:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Mr. Benn[_4_]

"Doug" wrote in message
Some motorists on these newsgroups seem to imagine that there is a
level of provocation beyond which physical violence by ramming with a
car-weapon is fully justified, but only when that provocation is from
groups of cyclists.

Offhand I can't think of any specific law against such ramming.

Forget it Doug, this newsgroup is infested with motorists. In fact the
whole country is full of motorists. It's wonderful isn't it?

Old March 7th 11, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
francis

On Mar 7, 8:57*am, Ian Jackson
wrote:
In message
, Doug
writesSome motorists on these newsgroups seem to imagine that there is a
level of provocation beyond which physical violence by ramming with a
car-weapon is fully justified, but only when that provocation is from
groups of cyclists.

Offhand I can't think of any specific law against such ramming.

Oh, I'm sure you can.

There's attempted (or actual) murder, probably manslaughter, criminal
damage, all sorts of assault and battery, dangerous driving, driving
with brain disengaged, and no doubt countless more.
--
Ian

Is there a law against ****ing yourself with laughter, as a blinkered
idiotic twit posts rubbish in a failed intent to prove a point that
only he knows?

If there is I've just broken it.
Old March 7th 11, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
bugbear

AndyW wrote:
wrote in message
Some motorists on these newsgroups seem to imagine that there is a
level of provocation beyond which physical violence by ramming with a
car-weapon is fully justified, but only when that provocation is from
groups of cyclists.

Offhand I can't think of any specific law against such ramming.

What really worries me is that there is no specific law against clubbing a
person over the head with a frozen ostrich leg with lavendar-coloured
ribbons and bacon wrapped around it on the 29th February whilst wearing a
pantomime dame outfit.

THESE PEOPLE MUST BE STOPPED.

BugBear