Why Is the Supply of IDIOT Mountain Bikers ENDLESS?????

Old May 16th 10, 06:46 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

Default Why Is the Supply of IDIOT Mountain Bikers ENDLESS?????

"Bruce Jensen" wrote in message
[...]
Your advocacy, such as it is, is not for wilderness, is not for

Nature, and is not against Mountain biking per se. In this way, you
differ greatly from Mike. Your advocacy is for Ed Dolan and to hell
with anybody else.

My advocacy is to get these god damn ****ing mountain bikes off of hiking
trails. But you are right. I am not a clone of Mr. Vandeman. He has his
agenda and I have mine.

"Nature" is double edged sword. I could easily put you in position where you
would hate nature and everything natural. Try not be so presumptuous! You
come off sounding like a brazen ass when you think nature is the end all of
everything. Most of mankind for most of its existence on this earth has
fought tooth and nail against nature.

You want a "wilderness" experience completely

stripped of its essential elements of wildness and potential danger,
essentially a Disney theme park a la Tom Sawyer's Island so that you
can pretend you're in the boonies.

I have hiked thousands of miles in wilderness designated areas. But I am not
a fool like you. I do not need the fear of wild animals to bring the
wilderness experience home to me. I enjoy the beauty of wilderness without
that. You must be some kind of idiot to want that fear. Wilderness to me is
primarily an esthetic experience.

Probably for the same reason, you

want to make bikes go away - not because they harm the land, not
because the disturb or harm the critters, but because they remind you
that your experience is really just a fake.

Bikes remind me of what I want to leave behind me when I venture into
wilderness. They represent urbanization and civilization and people at their
very worst. Believe me when I tell you this, I do not want bikes on a hiking
trail because they do not belong there.

Well, here's the upshot - if that's the wilderness you want, that's

all you deserve. Anyone who is willing to see the critical components
of Nature, her predators and challenges, ripped out, and the wild
emasculated the way you do, and to thus expect to be able to enter the
wild with no skill or knowledge, has no reason - or right - to pretend
that mountain bikes don't belong there. Mike actually does. I do,
too. You, however, have no right to a wilderness experience at all.

If that is what you want, then you are crazy as a Minnesota loon. I do not
need to see wolves eating a deer while it is still alive. My contempt for
you runneth over! Yea, I want wilderness stripped of that sort of thing.
Maybe it would be good if you would enter a wilderness as an object of prey
yourself. If only you could be attacked like a deer by wolves ... oh, how
delightful that would be!

I have said it before and I will say it again - **** you and your idea of
nature and wilderness. I want no part of it.

By the way, I will put my wilderness experience against yours any day. You
strike me as primarily a murderer. You glory in killing and death. You are
nothing but a frustrated hunter like all so-called wildlife "experts". Any
kind of esthetic is beyond you. In short, you are a slob!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old May 16th 10, 09:42 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

On 5/15/2010 11:37 PM, Mr. Ed Dolan the Grate wrote:
[...]
Of course! I can outlast anyone because I have all the time in the world to
waste. In fact, I even outlasted Tom Sherman, one of the greatest liberal
bores ever to infect Usenet. But all of Usenet is a waste to time. I thought
everyone in the world knew that![...]

[Yawn]

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007

From each according to his ability, to each according to
his need - Louis Blanc
Old May 16th 10, 10:01 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman °_°" wrote in message
On 5/15/2010 11:37 PM, Mr. Ed Dolan the Grate wrote:
[...]
Of course! I can outlast anyone because I have all the time in the world
waste. In fact, I even outlasted Tom Sherman, one of the greatest liberal
bores ever to infect Usenet. But all of Usenet is a waste to time. I
thought
everyone in the world knew that![...]

[Yawn]

Wow, one whole word - and in brackets too!

Yea, ever the supreme bore to the bitter end. **** him and all who think
like him.

It goes without saying that he was never worthy of me. He is a nuts and
bolts kind of cyclist. He prides himself on his engineering knowledge, never
realizing that this is an inferior kind of knowledge. Too bad he was never
able to rise to Ed Dolan heights. But I never stooped to his depths. Yea,
that is the whole of it.

Old May 16th 10, 10:38 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman °_°" wrote in message
On 5/15/2010 11:37 PM, Mr. Ed Dolan the Grate wrote:
[...]
Of course! I can outlast anyone because I have all the time in the world
waste. In fact, I even outlasted Tom Sherman, one of the greatest liberal
bores ever to infect Usenet. But all of Usenet is a waste to time. I
thought
everyone in the world knew that![...]

[Yawn]

Mr. Sherman is an interesting psychological case. I dealt with him over the
years on the cycling newsgroups. But after many years, I decided that those
groups were not for me. Way too many morons, scoundrels and nut cases.

Mr. Sherman is welcome to post to these newsgroups but I will expect
content. I am fed up with his ****ing "yawns" and other type of trivia. If
he does not post to the level that I know he is capable of, I will skewer
him and make him wish that he had never been born.