Mountain Biking FAQ

Old July 9th 06, 06:53 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Slack

Default Mountain Biking FAQ

On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 06:40:18 -0700, S Curtiss wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 17:10:15 GMT, "Bill Sornson"
wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:

I just gave my mountain biking paper at the EIGHTH international
scientific conference

What conference? Where? When? Details, please!

It's on my web site. Learn to read.

He answered a "call for papers" which is open to the general public. He
was
not invited as a keynote speaker. He was not listed in the publicity of
the
conference beforehand. He was alotted 15-20 minutes with all the other
presenters who answered the "call for papers". He paid to be there. His
audience was likely made up of the other presenters waiting their turn at
the podium. There were other presentations and activities going on
elsewhere
as he made his presentation.
There will be no issue of review or comment on his opinions from anyone
else
at the conference. He merely pads his resume to make it appear he has
credibility on the subject.
===

N I C E!
____
Slack
Old July 9th 06, 11:39 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 15:54:30 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 16:32:31 GMT, Mike Vandeman
said in :

I just gave my mountain biking paper at the EIGHTH international
scientific conference, where it was assepted as valid. Meanwhile, YOU
are confined to the peanut gallery: alt.mountain-bike. It's obvious
which one of us is more effective.

Yes indeed: you have effectively insured that your bigotry will never
be taken seriously, as evidence the fact that it remains unpublished
in any reputable peer-reviewed journal and you are reduced to hawking
it at conferences in the vain hope that someone there will believe
you. Whereas I have a life, family, friends, and am in the middle of
moving to a bigger house to accommodate our various hobbies. I can
see who is the more effective here for sure. There is no need to take
you seriously, because your chances of success are less than zero -
due in no small part to the fact that, by all the external evidence,
you are incapable of effective interaction with members of the human
race.

Do feel free to come back when your ramblings have been accepted for
publication in a reputable peer-reviewed journal, won't you? We'll
still tell you to **** off, of course.

Guy

Did you say something?
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old July 10th 06, 01:28 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 22:39:41 GMT, Mike Vandeman
said in :

Did you say something?

Yup. But since you are incapable of taking on board anything which
does not agree with your pre-existing prejudices I'm confident you
didn't understand it.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old July 10th 06, 04:04 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

said in :

Did you say something?

Yup. But since you are incapable of taking on board anything which
does not agree with your pre-existing prejudices I'm confident you
didn't understand it.

Projecting again?

Guy

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old July 10th 06, 10:54 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 15:04:17 GMT, Mike Vandeman
said in :

Did you say something?

Yup. But since you are incapable of taking on board anything which
does not agree with your pre-existing prejudices I'm confident you
didn't understand it.

Projecting again?

I think I already made this clear: the projected value of anything
written by Vandeman is zero. All we were doing was establishing
another data point.

Old July 11th 06, 08:07 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

said in :

Did you say something?
Yup. But since you are incapable of taking on board anything which
does not agree with your pre-existing prejudices I'm confident you
didn't understand it.

Projecting again?

I think I already made this clear: the projected value of anything
written by Vandeman is zero. All we were doing was establishing
another data point.

Guy

Guy Chapman is the biggest jackass ever to come out of England and dare to
post to our American newsgroups. Why the hell doesn't he stay on his own
English group. They understand him there and know him for the jackass that
he is.

He only waxes eloquent on the subject of helmets, a subject on which he has
no credibility whatsoever although he fancies himself an expert. The truth
is, he has fallen on his unprotected head too many times and has lost any
common sense he ever had. The only thing he is an expert on is himself.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old July 11th 06, 08:53 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bill Sornson

Edward Dolan wrote:

Guy Chapman is the biggest jackass ever to come out of England and
dare to post to our American newsgroups. Why the hell doesn't he stay
on his own English group. They understand him there and know him for
the jackass that he is.

He only waxes eloquent on the subject of helmets, a subject on which
he has no credibility whatsoever although he fancies himself an
expert. The truth is, he has fallen on his unprotected head too many
times and has lost any common sense he ever had. The only thing he is
an expert on is himself.

Ed Dolan shoots a Bull's-eye re. Guy.

Poet Bill

Old July 11th 06, 04:44 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 07:53:06 GMT, "Bill Sornson"
wrote:

Edward Dolan wrote:

Guy Chapman is the biggest jackass ever to come out of England and
dare to post to our American newsgroups. Why the hell doesn't he stay
on his own English group. They understand him there and know him for
the jackass that he is.

He only waxes eloquent on the subject of helmets, a subject on which
he has no credibility whatsoever although he fancies himself an
expert. The truth is, he has fallen on his unprotected head too many
times and has lost any common sense he ever had. The only thing he is
an expert on is himself.

Ed Dolan shoots a Bull's-eye re. Guy.

And everything else.

Poet Bill

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old July 11th 06, 05:05 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bill Sornson

wrote:

Ed Dolan shoots a Bull's-eye re. Guy.

And everything else.

Here's another Ed quote, Do(r)c: "...I regard liberals as treasonous
*******s deserving of death."

Good to know with whom you're aligning yourself! LOL

Old July 12th 06, 05:57 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

wrote:

Ed Dolan shoots a Bull's-eye re. Guy.

And everything else.

Here's another Ed quote, Do(r)c: "...I regard liberals as treasonous
*******s deserving of death."

Good to know with whom you're aligning yourself! LOL

Hey ... nobody agrees with anyone else on EVERYTHING. I thought maybe you
would know at least that much without me having to explain it to you!