"Humans 'very likely' making earth warmer" is wrong

Old February 2nd 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.energy.renewable
Bill Baka

Default "Humans 'very likely' making earth warmer" is wrong

Joe Fischer wrote:
On Fri, Bill Baka wrote:

Considering that countries like China don't give a damn and the
situation does, in fact get worse, the global warming phenomena might
make the weather wildly unpredictable to the point of taking out most of
humanity.

Why sure, global warming might even make a
natural blonde's eyes brown.

I have seen things like tornadoes here in California that were
once considered impossible ten or twenty years ago. The planet might
just decide to scratch us 'fleas' off.
Bill Baka

Tornados are possible almost anyplace (level
ground usually though), and there is plenty of wind
shear in California sometimes with the Satana Winds,
but what is usually needed is hail conditions, and
lots of precipitation and cold air aloft helps create
that condition.

Joe Fischer

If you don't get it now I doubt you ever will.
It's a little known thing called "Cause and effect".
Bill Baka
Old February 2nd 07, 11:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.energy.renewable
Bill Baka

Joe Fischer wrote:
On Fri, Bill Baka wrote:

Considering that countries like China don't give a damn and the
situation does, in fact get worse, the global warming phenomena might
make the weather wildly unpredictable to the point of taking out most of
humanity.

Why sure, global warming might even make a
natural blonde's eyes brown.

I have seen things like tornadoes here in California that were
once considered impossible ten or twenty years ago. The planet might
just decide to scratch us 'fleas' off.
Bill Baka

Tornados are possible almost anyplace (level
ground usually though), and there is plenty of wind
shear in California sometimes with the Satana Winds,
but what is usually needed is hail conditions, and
lots of precipitation and cold air aloft helps create
that condition.

They are possible but never any recorded damage in California until
recently. And it is Santa Ana winds.

Joe Fischer

Old February 2nd 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.energy.renewable

In article ,
Bill Baka wrote:

it is Santa Ana winds.

Oh, I LOVE Santana! "Riders On The Storm", "Help!" and more! What a
great band!
Old February 3rd 07, 12:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.energy.renewable
Bill Baka

Rod Speed wrote:
Bill Baka wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Bill Baka wrote

Considering that countries like China don't give a damn

They do actually, which is why they are building nukes.

They, China, are still Communists so the nuclear plants just might be a
way for them to build up a reserve of Plutonium for you know what.

and the situation does, in fact get worse, the global warming phenomena might make the weather
wildly unpredictable

Not a chance. We've seen MUCH bigger variations in world temps in the past.

There have been events like the mini-Ice age due to some really big
volcanoes blowing their tops and putting megatons of materials into
the air. Not a St. Helens size but more like the Krakatoa type.

Yes, but that wont happen due to man made CO2 etc.

Thats going to be a much more gradual effect.

It may more gradual but I don't like the overall trend. In the long run
the trashing of the plant life to advance things for a few people will
have an effect on the CO2. Remember that plants recycle the CO2 back
into O2 and use the Carbon for growth. Less plants and more CO2.
So here we are not making the CO2 but we are killing the forests that
give us Oxygen. It will be a gradual effect to us, but in terms of what
happens to the planet in it's 4.6 billion years it's is a sudden change.

to the point of taking out most of humanity.

Not a chance. Even the ice ages didnt manage to do that.

Not a chance, but possible. Only the politicians have bunkers with years
of food stashed. I always wondered why it was so important to save the
often fat and useless politicians. Would they repopulate the world with
junior politicians?

No, it didn't, but there were only so many humans that did survive,
and they managed to to hunt various animals to extinction.

That extinction didnt happen due to hunting.

Watch some educational television once in a while, and they might change
your mind, if that is possible. Why did wooly mammoths and sabre tooth
tigers go extinct about 10,000 years ago?

Humans sure do make a difference, now and then.

Yes, but thats an entirely separate matter to that silly
claim about 'to the point of taking out most of humanity'

Most of humanity does not have the resources to survive even one really
bad year, much less 20 too hundreds of years. As I mentioned the
politicians will save themselves first, and that is a sorry state of
affairs.

The striking thing is how adaptable humanity is to climate variation.

In spades now compared with during the ice ages etc.

We've worked out how to grow stuff where it grows best and
move it to where its going to be consumed for centurys now.

You have quite a set of rose colored glasses I have to admit.

And how to move immense numbers of people around the world permanently too.

From one over populated area to another?

I have seen things like tornadoes here in California that were once considered impossible ten or
twenty years ago.

And those didnt even get close to taking out most of humanity.

Those are just a pre-cursor to what CAN happen.

Nothing will be taking out most of humanity, you watch.

OK,
I'll live to 200 and take notes on the way. Most of humanity, in terms
of sheer numbers, lives in pathetically poor areas. 3 or 4 billion would
not survive a global event, even if it took 50 to 100 years to actually
happen. Many countries seem to be on welfare courtesy of the United
States. If we have to cut off our free lunch to save our own country
then others will truly be hurting. We started "Foreign aid" to keep
people away from Communism. We won by bankrupting the USSR but are still
giving poor countries a free ride to some extent.

The planet might just decide to scratch us 'fleas' off.

Only in your pathetic little drug crazed fantasyland.

Wow. I wasn't trolling for either an asshole or a moron, but I seem to have found one.

Never ever could bull**** its way out of a wet paper bag.

I'm not bull****ting, I just watch the history channel and the other
educational channels rather than waste my time watching 'Survivor' or
'Big Brother' or some other total waste of time. BBC has done some very
informative work that I would advise you to watch if you can with your
head so for up your ass.

London had an all-time record high over 100 degrees F within the last
2 years and we have had record cold temperature here in California.

Neither of which are anything special where hordes of people live.

Yeah right, 30 million plus people in California is trivial. And of
course the entire UK is nothing special, just some islands.

What we might get at first is wildly fluctuating weather, them WHAM, an ice age or a hot age.

Taint gunna happen on that silly WHAM claim.

That was WHAM in terms of geological time.

I'll let someone else take up the fight.

Never ever could bull**** its way out of a wet paper bag.

BTW, I don't drink or use drugs, except for chocolate.

Thats the drug you're crazed by, stupid.

Well then I'm flying high as a kite, because I just ate two chocolate
donut things.
Bill Baka

Old February 3rd 07, 12:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.energy.renewable
Joe Fischer

On Fri, Bill Baka wrote:

Joe Fischer wrote:
On Fri, Bill Baka wrote:
[...]

Get what, that the world average temperature
is rising? Or that the exact cause is known with
certainty and is the same world wide?

It's a little known thing called "Cause and effect".
Bill Baka

But I have seen warmer temperatures than
recently, I worked hard outside in Pasadena when
it reached 112 F every day for almost 2 weeks straight.

And in the 1950s, in the midwest, 100 + F
was common, and I haven't seen 3 days of 100 F
in the last 16 years.

I am waiting for somebody to say that the
drying up of the Aral Sea is because of global
warming, but nobody is willing.

Ice melts all the time, more from underneath
from ground heat, and often sublimates from direct
sunshine, air temperatures may not be the major
cause, simple random weather events happen.

Joe Fischer

Old February 3rd 07, 12:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.energy.renewable
Bernd Felsche

Bill Baka writes:
Joe Fischer wrote:
On Fri, Bill Baka wrote:

I have seen things like tornadoes here in California that were
once considered impossible ten or twenty years ago. The planet might
just decide to scratch us 'fleas' off.

Tornados are possible almost anyplace (level
ground usually though), and there is plenty of wind
shear in California sometimes with the Satana Winds,
but what is usually needed is hail conditions, and
lots of precipitation and cold air aloft helps create
that condition.

If you don't get it now I doubt you ever will.
It's a little known thing called "Cause and effect".

Look up "post hoc ergo propter hoc"
\ / ASCII ribbon campaign | "If we let things terrify us,
X against HTML mail | life will not be worth living."
/ \ and postings | Lucius Annaeus Seneca, c. 4BC - 65AD.
Old February 3rd 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.energy.renewable
Joe Fischer

On Fri, Bill Baka wrote:

Joe Fischer wrote:
Tornados are possible almost anyplace (level
ground usually though), and there is plenty of wind
shear in California sometimes with the Satana Winds,
but what is usually needed is hail conditions, and
lots of precipitation and cold air aloft helps create
that condition.

They are possible but never any recorded damage in California until
recently.

Are you sure? One thing that is not talked
about is that record low temperatures are more
common than record high temperatures, and there
is probably a good reason for that.
And just the right conditions of very cold air
aloft and heavy precipitation may not coincide often,
the tornados in Florida last night were pretty fierce.

And it is Santa Ana winds.

Maybe not, if you know any native California
Spanish speaking people, ask them.

Maybe every weather man in the US is wrong
about that. :-)

Joe Fischer

Old February 3rd 07, 12:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.energy.renewable
Joe Fischer

On Fri, lid wrote:

In article ,
Bill Baka wrote:
it is Santa Ana winds.

Oh, I LOVE Santana! "Riders On The Storm", "Help!" and more! What a
great band!

Nobody mentioned the great Santana. :-)

Joe Fischer

Old February 3rd 07, 12:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.energy.renewable
Bernd Felsche

Bill Baka writes:

It may more gradual but I don't like the overall trend. In the long run
the trashing of the plant life to advance things for a few people will
have an effect on the CO2. Remember that plants recycle the CO2 back
into O2 and use the Carbon for growth. Less plants and more CO2.
So here we are not making the CO2 but we are killing the forests that
give us Oxygen. It will be a gradual effect to us, but in terms of what
happens to the planet in it's 4.6 billion years it's is a sudden change.

That's drawing an infinitely-long bow.

Even the proxy reconstructions of temperature, etc show such
"sudden" climate fluctuations to be "normal".

*You* may not like them; but there's nothing you can do about it
until Magrathea re-opens for business and accepts your credit card.

That extinction didnt happen due to hunting.

Watch some educational television once in a while, and they might
change your mind, if that is possible. Why did wooly mammoths and
sabre tooth tigers go extinct about 10,000 years ago?

Some animals become extinct simply because they are delicious and
"word" gets around. Some predators then starve because they don't
know how to catch anything else.