we need is a president who rides a bike

Old August 1st 07, 10:26 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

Default we need is a president who rides a bike

dh wrote:
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
I like to read posts by such as Don Quijote. He is pure and I am not. Yea,
I KNOW what scoundrels all the rest of you are and I treat you accordingly.
Unfortunately, in the process, I become as bad as any of you.

But Don Quijote presses on pure and innocent and occasionally quite naive.
He is like a breath of fresh air after all our vituperations. I am mostly
in a rage every time I come on these freaking cycling newsgroups. I only
want to kill all of you. Sometimes I think I am going crazy from the
frustration of it all.

But then I read a message from the Great Don Quijote and I realize that
all is not lost after all. We need to become like children in order to go
on living. I mourn my lost innocence. It was Tom Sherman of ARBR who
soured me for Usenet. Aye, I hold him responsible for my dour disposition.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Maybe you'd be happier in California?

In California they may have a barbarian governor, but at least he's
open to change. His Hummer is hydrogen powered. Well, it could be
worst.

Next thing we need is a president who rides a bike.

Old August 2nd 07, 12:29 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Hank Wirtz

On Aug 1, 2:26 pm, donquijote1954 wrote:
dh wrote:
[...]

"A" president who rides a bike is fine. Just not "The" president who
rides a bike.

Old August 2nd 07, 01:16 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Victor Kan

On Aug 1, 5:26 pm, donquijote1954 wrote:
Next thing we need is a president who rides a bike.

We currently do. Don't you remember the key issue of the 2004
election wrt to Kerry vs. Bush?

Kerry's a road rider, Bush is a MTB rider.

http://outside.away.com/outside/decision04/index_1.html

Old August 2nd 07, 03:34 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

dh wrote:
[...]

After having a president by and for the SUVs, we need a chance for our
humble bikes. Maybe we need to come up with a bicycle party, since
they have a Big Oil party.

Old August 2nd 07, 03:37 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

On Aug 1, 8:16 pm, Victor Kan wrote:
On Aug 1, 5:26 pm, donquijote1954 wrote:

Next thing we need is a president who rides a bike.

We currently do. Don't you remember the key issue of the 2004
election wrt to Kerry vs. Bush?

Kerry's a road rider, Bush is a MTB rider.

http://outside.away.com/outside/decision04/index_1.html

Maybe good for photo ops, but we need the real thing. Someone who
rides to and from the White House, and who makes our roads safe. Safer
than Iraq at least.

Old August 2nd 07, 02:25 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Keats

oups.com...

dh wrote:
[...]

George Bush regularly rides a mountain bike for recreation and exercise.
And his modest personal home is a model of energy efficiency (unlike Al
Gore's four homes, for example)[Google it]. I think it safe to say that he
has spent more time on a bicycle and that his home is the greenest of any
candidate who has ever run for president of the USA since electricity and
home heating oil came into widespread use.

Perhaps you need to introduce your agenda from a different and more truthful
angle.

Old August 2nd 07, 03:01 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

dh wrote:
[...]

Maybe he's having a good time riding bike between cocktail and
cocktail, but most American don't feel any safer riding a bike than
the troops he sent to Iraq.

Old August 2nd 07, 04:42 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Keats

On Aug 2, 9:25 am, "Keats" wrote:
[...]

Something tells me you aren't exactly all squared away. Were you whacked in
the head by a windmill blade somewhere along the line?

Old August 2nd 07, 09:06 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

On Aug 2, 10:12 am, still me wrote:
On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 19:34:13 -0700, donquijote1954

wrote:
After having a president by and for the SUVs, we need a chance for our
humble bikes. Maybe we need to come up with a bicycle party, since
they have a Big Oil party.

Somehow I think the oil party might exercise a bit more power.

Yes, in a system where money talks and bull****... But the ratio
shouldn't be greater than 100 to 1.

Old August 3rd 07, 02:14 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

On Aug 2, 7:37 pm, still me wrote:
On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 20:06:41 -0000, donquijote1954

After having a president by and for the SUVs, we need a chance for our
humble bikes. Maybe we need to come up with a bicycle party, since
they have a Big Oil party.

Somehow I think the oil party might exercise a bit more power.

Yes, in a system where money talks and bull****... But the ratio
shouldn't be greater than 100 to 1.

I don't think the bicycle party could rally even the money for a bike
path, let alone a $400b war.

That's why we need the bicycle party.