Do dead cyclists go to Heaven or Hell?

Old December 31st 07, 04:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

Default Do dead cyclists go to Heaven or Hell?

(This is not a purely metaphysical question, since it can happen to
anyone riding a bike. I don't know who goes where, but my best guess
is that the moral go to a different place than the immoral. And nobody
rents donkeys where I live.)

On Dec 30, 9:08 pm, Immortalist wrote:
On Dec 30, 2:48 pm, donquijote1954
wrote:

A SYSTEM THAT GIVES YOU THE FREEDOM TO CHOOSE AMONG 25 MODELS OF SUVs,
BUT NOT THE FREEDOM TO RIDE A BIKE, CANNOT POSSIBLY BE CALLED
"DEMOCRATIC" OR "CHRISTIAN." POLLUTING MUST BE A SIN. And, besides,
JESUS RODE A DONKEY.

The Revolution Will Not be Motorized
by Robin Buckallew
So you say you want a revolution? Well, we all want to change the
world. So what? Quit bitching and moaning, quit bellyaching, and get
off your duff. There is no way to change the world by sitting on your
ass in an air conditioned room, even if you listen to nothing but
early Dylan and read nothing but Hunter Thompson. You can't change the
world unless you change yourself first. As Gandhi used to say, "Be the
change you want to see in the world".http://www.faulkingtruth.com/Article...ning/1054.html

*WORLDWIDE CAMPAIGN TO TAKE THE LANE*
Yes, why not. If we are some more than a nuisance to drivers, then we
too belong in the lane, the middle of the lane that is, since we can't
be happy with the scraps of riding in the gutter, and then be
terrorized there too, like when the bigger vehicle blows the horn with
the same intention the lion uses his roar: INTIMIDATION. As if their
mere presence wasn't enough to send everybody running.

Well, no more. BICYCLES BELONG TOO. Don't let fear make you miss a
healthy, fun and moral lifestyle. EVOLUTION IS PART OF LIFE. DINOSAURS
ARE A THING OF THE PAST! The Jungle may never be the same...

'RIDING A BIKE COSTS PEANUTS'http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote88

'WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE'http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote

When things get tense, ride on the sidewalk. Otherwise, stradle the
line and they will more likely go around since, the perception of a
need to go around is not tangled with conception of unfairness. The
closer to the line the less they think your trying to hog the lane.
Some people sew the city or county if there is not enough space.

You never know when things get tense since it only takes an oversized
SUV with a driver distracted on the phone to send you to he...

HEY, DO DEAD CYCLISTS GO TO HEAVEN OR HELL?
Old December 31st 07, 04:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Jim F

Dude,

We're all immoral. We need a rescue.

--
JF

"Bad will be the day for every man when he becomes absolutely contented with
the life he is living, with the thoughts he is thinking, with the deeds he
is doing, when there is not forever beating at the doors of his soul some
great desire to do something larger, which he knows that he was meant and
made to do because he is still, in spite of all, the child of God. "
- Phillip Brooks

Old December 31st 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Jim Flom top posted:
Dude,

We're all immoral. We need a rescue.

Well, top posting to Usenet is one of the deadly sins.

POST FREE OR DIE!
Old December 31st 07, 04:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Bill Z.

donquijote1954 writes:

(This is not a purely metaphysical question, since it can happen to
anyone riding a bike. I don't know who goes where, but my best guess
is that the moral go to a different place than the immoral. And nobody
rents donkeys where I live.)

Shakespeare wrote that all the world's a stage, so both the moral and
the immoral go to the same place - the party for the cast after opening
night. :-)

wrote:

A SYSTEM THAT GIVES YOU THE FREEDOM TO CHOOSE AMONG 25 MODELS OF SUVs,
BUT NOT THE FREEDOM TO RIDE A BIKE, CANNOT POSSIBLY BE CALLED
"DEMOCRATIC" OR "CHRISTIAN." POLLUTING MUST BE A SIN. And, besides,
JESUS RODE A DONKEY.

snip
'WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE'http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote

snip
Some people sew the city or county if there is not enough space.

You never know when things get tense since it only takes an oversized
SUV with a driver distracted on the phone to send you to he...

HEY, DO DEAD CYCLISTS GO TO HEAVEN OR HELL?

No idea, but when cars were first introduced, people thought this new
technology decreased polution - the stuff in the streets that horses
and donkeys are known to leave behind. That makes Jesus' alleged
donkey ride less environmentally friendly than it would at first
appear to be, so he probably won't ding you for a little polution. He
had a good defense: everyone was doing it at the time with the
exception of those who could not afford an animal to ride. :-)

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB
Old December 31st 07, 04:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

On Dec 30, 11:41*pm, "Jim F" wrote:
Dude,

We're all immoral. *We need a rescue.

Hey, I don't mean flirt here and there, but immoral like in driving
SUVs.
Old December 31st 07, 04:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Bill Z.

"Jim F" writes:

Dude,

We're all immoral. We need a rescue.

As Mae West once said, "When I'm good, I'm very good, but when I'm
bad, I'm better."

Old December 31st 07, 05:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

wrote:

[...]

Hey, dung is good for fertilizing...
Old December 31st 07, 05:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Mike Jacoubowsky

(This is not a purely metaphysical question, since it can happen to
anyone riding a bike. I don't know who goes where, but my best guess
is that the moral go to a different place than the immoral. And nobody
rents donkeys where I live.)

From Dave Zabriskie's diary on Bicycling's website
http://www.bicycling.com/tourdefranc...4913-1,00.html
=====================
I was talking with Tom. I swear for every one million Tom Boonen fans there
must be at least one Dave Zabriskie fan...and I made sure that I pointed
each one out to him yesterday. Yes, I was really appreciating the fans, they
really helped me get through on a day like that.

But then Boonen comes up with this line. He says, "See those cows over
there? That's what happens when cyclist's die. They turn into cows."
=====================

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old December 31st 07, 03:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

On Dec 30, 11:49 pm, Uncle Vic wrote:
One fine day in alt.atheism, Father Haskell
bloodied us up with this:

Better to take cars off the road by allowing people to work
at home.-

Well, if there's no value to bike lanes, then we got to make the whole
right lane a lane for bikes, no?

Make it the slow lane. Like it already is.

Better yet, require all drivers to take the MSF course for motorcyclists.
Let those in their cages see what we're up against.

Excellent idea. So those Christian SUV drivers would get a good taste
of Hell.
Old December 31st 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

From Dave Zabriskie's diary on Bicycling's websitehttp://www.bicycling.com/tourdefrance/article/0,6802,s1-7-123-14913-1...
I was talking with Tom. I swear for every one million Tom Boonen fans there
must be at least one Dave Zabriskie fan...and I made sure that I pointed
each one out to him yesterday. Yes, I was really appreciating the fans, they
really helped me get through on a day like that.

But then Boonen comes up with this line. He says, "See those cows over
there? That's what happens when cyclist's die. They turn into cows."

If cyclists turn into cows, then SUV drivers turn into sheep.
Particularly those who go to church on Sunday.