What presidential issue you prefer, bike facilities or gay marriage?

Old January 25th 08, 06:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

Default gays and bikes are related

I'm not claiming "cause & effect," and perhaps some studies are
needed, but gays and bikes are related....

See, there's a couple of places many of you may be familiar with,
South Beach (Miami Beach) and Key West, both having a lot of room for
gays and bicycles. True, there's a hardly parking lots and distances
are short, but the fact remains that you can be a drag queen or
peacefully ride your bike. Or you can be a drag queen and ride a bike
at the same time.

The point is that FREEDOM IS FREEDOM, and that must be understood by
the Religious Right who vote against gays, but totally ignore "real
and present needs" like having bike facilities. Hey, both places can
claim to be Blue Cities (Democratic) as well. So the Dutch Package
(weed and prostitution included) stands as an issue for the 2008
presidential elections...

http://webspawner.com/users/elections2008
Old January 26th 08, 05:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default what people care about homosexual rights?

donquijote1954 wrote:
On Jan 25, 11:20 am, "
wrote:

They would have to join Muslim fundamentalists in trying to ban all
kinds of sexual democracy. "Hey, banana should be taken off the
menu"...
WHY THE BANANA REVOLUTION?http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution

We have freedom of speech over here.
So they could fit in.
We still have a party in the Netherlands that bans women from being a
candidate.
So we are used to having nutcases around.

Peter van Velzen
January 2008
Amstelveen
The Netherlands- Hide quoted text -

That's good, but here they run the show.

I wonder if the fact that the Pilgrims came from there has to with
Holland being too free?

'The Dutch have given many things to America: Easter eggs, Santa
Claus, waffles, sauerkraut, sleighing, skating, and a host of "vans"
and "velts" that helped to build our nation.1 But perhaps their
greatest contribution to America was the 11 years of freedom they gave
the Pilgrims -- crucial years that helped America's founding fathers
work out their philosophy of freedom and prepare for self-government
in the New World.'

http://www.theadvocates.org/freeman/8811petr.html

The Brownists were about religious freedom for themselves, but not others.

"And never forget, life ultimately makes failures of all people."
- A. Derleth
Old January 26th 08, 05:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

On Jan 26, 12:13*pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
donquijote1954 wrote:
On Jan 25, 11:20 am, "
wrote:

[...]

*
The Brownists were about religious freedom for themselves, but not others.

It's always like that. And they were quick to secure their "lion's
share" from the Indians...

"...symbolically speaking, there are legitimate reasons for thinking
of them as America's parents: their religiosity, their isolationism,
their earnestness and grit. If you're inclined to look at the history
of America as one of exploitation, they can be made to fit that too.
They started with an honest and thoroughly biblical mission. That
their colony would become caught up in massacre and sadness, one could
reasonably conclude, underscores the danger of believing that God
guides one's hand."

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/04/bo...=2&oref=slogin

And we still living the consequences of ISOLATIONISM, and a
religiosity that leads to exploitation and superiority over all other
people of the Earth.
Old January 28th 08, 12:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

Default What presidential issue you prefer, bike facilities or gaymarriage?

This is Bush people...

Evangelicals Say They Led Charge For the GOP

As the presidential race was heating up in June and July, a pair of
leaked documents showed that the Bush-Cheney reelection campaign was
urging Christian supporters to turn over their church directories and
was seeking to identify "friendly congregations" in battleground
states.

Those revelations produced a flurry of accusations that the Bush
campaign was leading churches to violate laws against partisan
activities by tax-exempt organizations, and even some of the White
House's closest religious allies said the campaign had gone too far.

But the untold story of the 2004 election, according to national
religious leaders and grass-roots activists, is that evangelical
Christian groups were often more aggressive and sometimes better
organized on the ground than the Bush campaign. The White House
struggled to stay abreast of the Christian right and consulted with
the movement's leaders in weekly conference calls. But in many
respects, Christian activists led the charge that GOP operatives
followed and capitalized upon.

This was particularly true of the same-sex marriage issue. One of the
most successful tactics of social conservatives -- the ballot
referendums against same-sex marriage in 13 states -- bubbled up from
below and initially met resistance from White House aides, Christian
leaders said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2004Nov7.html

That's why we need the Dutch Package to free up their minds. Perhaps
some weed would pacify them...
Old January 28th 08, 10:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

Let me recycle this post. It's too good to waste.

On Jan 28, 2:57 am, IBen Getiner wrote:

Hussein himself didn't believe he would be invaded. Just out in the
news the other day.

So WHAT...? He was a self-absorbed tyrannical dictator. What do you
THINK he was thinking..? Just like Richard Nixon making all of those
tapes. He didn't think he stood a chance of being brought down
either.

So you are taking upon your shoulder to remove all tyrants that
commit crimes against their own people, or just that those who oppose
you? Again, you many friends like that, and Hussein himself was you
ally against Iran. What did he do wrong? He broke the golden rule the
King of the Jungle tolerates... COMPETITION NOT ALLOWED. Invading Iran
was OK, but invading Kuwait was not.

The invasion had no other justification other than
a hungry predator eating the smaller predator under the Law of the
Jungle,

Not according to all of your dem buddies.... Should I re-post what
you've so thoughtfully snipped away....? I know you can't be THAT old,
not to remember what I posted just the other day.... You know what
they all said. They're no different than Bush.

Some of them are the same under a different camouflage. But some
really offered a hope, particularly Gore, whose presidency you stole.

and was even called such by Iraq and many others. Of course,
someone green like Al Gore would never have thought of invading Iraq.
His vision didn't call for an unending flow of oil...

And just where is that oil today...? It'll fall into the hands of the
enemy if people like you have any say about it. And you people have
been working full time to see that it does.
Yeah... better to fall into the hands of the insurgents than Bush,
huhh....??!

Better in anyone's hands than in the tanks of the SUVs. They are the
ones that terrorize American roads.

The Reason America Invaded IraqEasy writes:

As previously held notions about our reasons for invading
Iraq have crumbled, new justifications for the invasion continually
metamorphose. Public opinion about what we are doing there has varied
from individual to individual from the start. As we search for new
rationalizations to replace the old, I think we will eventually come
to find American sentiment settling on a final justification (or
possibly only the next justification, but I think it will be the
final). I think that Americans will eventual embrace the idea that we
invaded Iraq to insure an uninterrupted flow of oil from the middle
east to the rest of the world. For some reason, attempts of critics
suggesting that oil was the original reason, have been resisted by
most of the war hawks, but I think eventually, those hawks and many of
the doves will actually come to embrace the idea.

http://atheism.about.com/b/2004/01/0...ed-iraq...Hide quoted text -

I have but one request..... Prove it. Until you can, you're just a
rambling nut-case Bush-hating liberal... Nothing special. Seen
2,912,253 of 'em. Thank God there was 2,912,790 of us..

So you are claiming you didn't invade Iraq for oil. How come you
didn't invade, say, Cuba, and took over the sugar cane fields? Hey,
why won't you donate the Iraqi oil profits for the environment or even
for the children whose Medicare you deny? Then I'd believe you...
Old January 29th 08, 04:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

On Jan 28, 11:59 pm, Michael Gray wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 14:33:57 -0800 (PST), Wexford
wrote:

On Jan 25, 4:42 pm, donquijote1954
wrote:
Hey, I'm asking you all --even Atheists-- to make an abstraction, or
reduction to the absurd if you will, so we can have an idea where we --
the nonbelievers-- are supposed to go. Are you afraid of it? Or you
actually think it may be a fun place, like a sinful nightclub with all
the girls dancing naked and smoking weed?

Just curious...

ELECTIONS 2008
(Now we threw in the "Dutch Package," gays, bicycles, prostitution and
weed in one neat package --T-shirts too!)

http://webspawner.com/users/elections2008

Hell is a Holiday Inn in Nebraska. Lawrence Welk is on every
television station, and the Inn is full of very fat Born-Again
Christians. The sun never completely sets, and the only thing on the
horison is a grain elevator with peeling paint.

Do you realise that your post single handedly caused 5 suicicides?- Hide quoted text -

Do you think the Religious Right is part of this deceit game too? A
system that produces War, Environmental Recklessness and SUVs while
preaching of a Messiah that rode a donkey?

"In a society dominated by the fact of commercial competition, money
is necessarily the test of prowess, and wastefulness the sole
criterion of power." -Upton Sinclair, book 'The Jungle'