The Psychology of Mountain Biking (and Mountain Biker Sympathizers)

Old August 13th 08, 04:19 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry
Mike Vandeman

Default The Psychology of Opinions, No Facts.

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 09:01:10 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

"Vandeman" != "VandeRman" (cap added for emphasis).

What is your point? Either way, he still lied.

It isn't all about you mike. In fact...it is never about you. Well..it
does make fun of you...which is amusing. you keep bringing it up in
hopes that peopel will believe it is YOU and not Mike VandeRman who
comes up under the search in images...so please. stop trying to pawn
yourself off as this physically fit young gentleman...you're a washed
up wannabe new age hippie...

It's not me OR anyone called
"Mike Vanderman". That's your LIE.

Still waiting for your explanation of why you deliberately LIED,
Walter Skrzypek :

"I found this picture of Mike Vanderman protesting a bike race...he is
trying to run down the biker...that crazy Mike!! He's always good for
a laugh.

http://bikehugger.com/images/blog/nugget-thumb.jpg"

You aren't going to live this down, until you admit your dishonesty.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old August 13th 08, 04:58 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry
Siskuwihane[_2_]

wrote:

"Vandeman" != "VandeRman" (cap added for emphasis).

What is your point? Either way, he still lied.

It isn't all about you mike. In fact...it is never about you. Well..it
does make fun of you...which is amusing. you keep bringing it up in
hopes that peopel will believe it is YOU and not Mike VandeRman who
comes up under the search in images...so please. stop trying to pawn
yourself off as this physically fit young gentleman...you're a washed
up wannabe new age hippie...

It's not me OR anyone called
"Mike Vanderman". That's your LIE.

Maybe so, but you can't deny that "washed up wannabe new age hippie"
accusation.
Old August 13th 08, 02:40 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry

It isn't all about you mike. In fact...it is never about you. Well..it
does make fun of you...which is amusing. you keep bringing it up in
hopes that peopel will believe it is YOU and not Mike VandeRman who
comes up under the search in images...so please. stop trying to pawn
yourself off as this physically fit young gentleman...you're a washed
up wannabe new age hippie...

It's not me OR anyone called
"Mike Vanderman". That's your LIE.

WE know it isn't you..that dude is physically fit! So stop trying to
turn the point...and there is too a Mike VandeRman...
Old August 14th 08, 04:51 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry
Mike Vandeman

wrote:

"Vandeman" != "VandeRman" (cap added for emphasis).

What is your point? Either way, he still lied.

It isn't all about you mike. In fact...it is never about you. Well..it
does make fun of you...which is amusing. you keep bringing it up in
hopes that peopel will believe it is YOU and not Mike VandeRman who
comes up under the search in images...so please. stop trying to pawn
yourself off as this physically fit young gentleman...you're a washed
up wannabe new age hippie...

It's not me OR anyone called
"Mike Vanderman". That's your LIE.

Maybe so, but you can't deny that "washed up wannabe new age hippie"
accusation.

BS. That's nothing but stereotyping, and has NOTHING to do with me.
How can you not be a mountain biker, when you lie as much as they
do?????

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old August 14th 08, 04:53 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry
Mike Vandeman

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 06:40:26 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

It isn't all about you mike. In fact...it is never about you. Well..it
does make fun of you...which is amusing. you keep bringing it up in
hopes that peopel will believe it is YOU and not Mike VandeRman who
comes up under the search in images...so please. stop trying to pawn
yourself off as this physically fit young gentleman...you're a washed
up wannabe new age hippie...

It's not me OR anyone called
"Mike Vanderman". That's your LIE.

WE know it isn't you..that dude is physically fit!

And it isn't Mike Vanderman, either, LIAR.

So stop trying to
turn the point...and there is too a Mike VandeRman...

BS. Prove it.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old August 14th 08, 11:01 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry

I already proved that there is indeed a Mike VandeRman ages ago in
another post. You do the research. He is a very good archery player in
the midwest and was sponsored by Eastman for awhile. But all that
doesn't matter....you're still a washed up wanna be new age
hippie...it is indeed stereotyping...which you do everyday when you
say all mtbers are bad and then celebrating their injuries and deaths.
You are stereotyping all MTBers...so it isn't all that bad to
stereotype you, according to your brilliance and example...it is
proper.
Old August 14th 08, 12:52 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry
Siskuwihane[_2_]

Default Michael J. Vandeman Removed From Sierra Club Wildlife CommitteeChair and Banned from Holding Leadership Positions

wrote:

"Vandeman" != "VandeRman" (cap added for emphasis).

What is your point? Either way, he still lied.

It isn't all about you mike. In fact...it is never about you. Well..it
does make fun of you...which is amusing. you keep bringing it up in
hopes that peopel will believe it is YOU and not Mike VandeRman who
comes up under the search in images...so please. stop trying to pawn
yourself off as this physically fit young gentleman...you're a washed
up wannabe new age hippie...

It's not me OR anyone called
"Mike Vanderman". That's your LIE.

Maybe so, but you can't deny that "washed up wannabe new age hippie"
accusation.

BS. That's nothing but stereotyping, and has NOTHING to do with me.
How can you not be a mountain biker, when you lie as much as they
do?????

This isn't a lie...(not eht epart about Michael J. Vandeman contacting
someones employer, how low is that?)

Shaun Reid, President of the Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay
posted on
the imba advocacy listserve
As a general rule, I ignore the various postings and rants of Mike
Vandeman,
although I do have occasional encounters with him at local Sierra
Club
meetings. However, as there has been some recent discussion about him
on this
list, I thought you might find this bit of news interesting.

For a little background, Mike reported Steve Krieg, local chapter
chair of the
Sierra Club to his employer, Bank of America, for using company e-mail
for SC
business. Some of you may recall that Steve Krieg was the one who
supported
the Sierra Club's welcoming of our Trail Care Crew. That welcome was
subsequently rescinded following a motion by anti-mountain bike
SCers.

End result: Mike has been stripped of his role as Chair of the Bay
Chapter's
Wildlife Committee and it has been recommended that he be banned from
holding
leadership positions due to a breach of leadership trust.

Shaun Reid
Bay Area IMBA Rep
President, BTCEB

ITEM 2. MINUTES OF THE OCTOBER 2002 MEETINGS
Minutes of the Executive Committee DRAFT
Sierra Club San Francisco Bay Chapter
October 14, 2002

4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: Disciplinary Committee Report
ExCom met in Executive Session from 8:00 to 8:45 p.m..

EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE RECONVENED:
Rizzo reported the outcome of Executive Session:
Following the Disciplinary Committee report from Rizzo and Stout, a
motion
MS (Solotar; Macris) for disciplinary action regarding Mike Vandeman
was
amended by MS (Bloom; McLean) to be voted on as two separate actions,
with
the results as follows:

1) Motion to remove Mike Vandeman from his appointed position as
Wildlife
Committee Chair for the Chapter, with reinstatement only by action
from
ExCom, was approved with 11 in favor; 0 opposed; 3 abstaining.

2) Motion to send a letter to the Organizational Effectiveness
Governance
Committee (OEG Com) recommending BOLT (Breach of Leadership Trust)
action
to ban Mike Vandeman from holding leadership positions in the Sierra
Club
passed with 7 in favor; 4 opposed; 3 abstaining.

Old August 15th 08, 04:17 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 03:01:41 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I already proved that there is indeed a Mike VandeRman ages ago in
another post. You do the research. He is a very good archery player in
the midwest and was sponsored by Eastman for awhile.

But the guy you labelled "Mike Vanderman" in your news post was NOT
named "Mike Vandeman" nor "Mike Vanderman", LIAR. I'm sure you have no
idea what his name is.

But all that
doesn't matter....you're still a washed up wanna be new age
hippie...it is indeed stereotyping...which you do everyday when you
say all mtbers are bad and then celebrating their injuries and deaths.
You are stereotyping all MTBers...so it isn't all that bad to
stereotype you, according to your brilliance and example...it is
proper.

I don't stereotype. I just tell the truth -- something mountain bikers
can't stand.

Old August 15th 08, 12:48 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Siskuwihane[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

In regards to The Sierra Club, Michael J. Vandeman was stripped of his
role as Chair of the Bay
Chapter's Wildlife Committee and banned from holding leadership
positions due to a breach of leadership trust.

Michael J. Vandeman was trying to find out where I work because he
contacts employers of those who do not agree with him. He reported

Old August 15th 08, 03:56 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

wrote:
[...]

Vandeman...you're such a liar...i wouldn't expect anything less from a
Mountain biker such as yourself.