Why Is the Supply of IDIOT Mountain Bikers ENDLESS?????

Old May 7th 10, 05:25 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default Why Is the Supply of IDIOT Mountain Bikers ENDLESS?????

for ; Fri, 07 May 2010 01:12:35 -0700
(PDT)
DKIM-Signatu v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
h=domainkey-signatumime-
version:received:received:date:message-id
:subject:from:to:content-type;
bh=g0EqX24Qcfr6jO2hZma7WKojBMMFI04zJtyE2cebJos=;
b=cceJRmTk/L6kAgN5+o
+c68HT712IbeZIkUpS5t20KHc0wavs7lCjmc4bCs2eLjx22F
/
t5GcFhxTmSISu53QvDiDTZYg8IV70CFEVNTVDOEsqnMIFxE9A1 1qzt1vnQf4/0HKwkQ
FqlPH1e9DGoS09k6mxrxotqXmWZUGGrLQlCXY=
DomainKey-Signatu a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws;
d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;
b=QAztBVg2T+dtqr+uTZyKrXkGxWesD5QMCzHtz/rL
+n0fEG0zmN9EgMCJCswXPndCf5
ujRgTvnr4w+/tyDjQGA6TI/
1rlmcC4M38Yd3WcG6bQeqxM8hZCeuclqJ5jePOv3uyczJ
vMQFCpJ7tLvIJoUL1Wb903nV1Uwqco6+fodNs=
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 01:12:34 -0700
Subject: Comment on 16 yr old Mountain Biker
From: sarcovi Ian Sarcovi

Your a asshole! Get a life, and a mountain bike!
Old May 7th 10, 07:50 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bill Weir

Default Why Is the Supply of HYPOCRITE Environmentalists Endless?

On May 7, 12:25*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

Does Michael Vandeman use commercial air travel when other options are
available? The question is an important one due to the fact that air
travel is very destructive to the environment and should not be used
by someone who claims they are concerned with wildlife and their
habitat.

The research shows that Michael J. Vandeman has spoken at, presented
papers, or attended at least a dozen environmental conferences around
the world. The research also shows that Michael Vandeman has traveled
to these conferences by means other than walking.

The hypothesis is that Michael J. Vandeman used commercial air travel
to attend said conferences.

Michael J. Vandeman was asked how he got to said conferences and he
gave a vague answer claiming he used "public transportation". The data
shows that there are no public means of transportation to
international destinations around the globe. Travel to such
destinations can only be accomplished by driving (Canada/Mexico/South
America) swimming, sailing, commercial and private sea vessels,
commercial and private air transportation.

Analyzing the data shows that it isn't feasable to swim so we can
eliminate that method. He doesn't own a car so he did not drive to any
in the Americas. We can also eliminate sailing and commercial and
private sea vessels as Michael has never been abset from Usenet and
his local ISP for the period of time that would be required to make
such a voyage. That leaves commercial and private air transportation.
Private air transportaion would be cost prohibitive to someone with
his income so the the only conclusion possible is that Michael J.
Vandeman flew to the dozen international conferences on commercial
airlines.

Michaels use of commercial use of air travel means that he has
conributed to greenhouse emissions at a rate that is five times what
an average person who owns a vehicle would contribute in a year.
Multply that by the number of trips and it becomes clear that Michael
J. Vandeman has contributed to global warming and greenhouse emissions
at a level that is equal to 60 years for the average person, far
exceeding the damage that any mountain biker would do his his entire
lifetime.

The conclusion is that Michael J. Vandeman is an environmental
hypocrite. This cannot be refuted as it was done scientifically by a
person who is qualified to use such a method correctly.

Old May 8th 10, 06:10 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On May 7, 11:50*am, Bill Weir wrote:
On May 7, 12:25*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

Does Michael Vandeman use commercial air travel when other options are
available? The question is an important one due to the fact that air
travel is very destructive to the environment

Not when accompanied by measures to make it carbon neutral. DUH!

and should not be used
by someone who claims they are concerned with wildlife and their
habitat.

This is called a "red herring". You are just trying to divert
attention away from your own admitted motor vehicle use, hypocrite.

The research shows that Michael J. Vandeman has spoken at, presented
papers, or attended at least a dozen environmental conferences around
the world. The research also shows that Michael Vandeman has traveled
to these conferences by means other than walking.

No, it doesn't, liar. I have walked to EVERY conference.

The hypothesis is that Michael J. Vandeman used commercial air travel
to attend said conferences.

Michael J. Vandeman was asked how he got to said conferences and he
gave a vague answer claiming he used "public transportation".

There's nothing vague about it.

The data
shows that there are no public means of transportation to
international destinations around the globe.

Yes, there is. They ALL have public transit.

Travel to such
destinations can only be accomplished by driving (Canada/Mexico/South
America) swimming, sailing, commercial and private sea vessels,
commercial and private air transportation.

Analyzing the data shows that it isn't feasable to swim so we can
eliminate that method. He doesn't own a car so he did not drive to any
in the Americas. We can also eliminate sailing and commercial and
private sea vessels as Michael has never been abset from Usenet and
his local ISP for the period of time that would be required to make
such a voyage.

You just fabricated that. You have no way of knowing, especially since
the Internet is available everywhere, including in the polar regions.

That leaves commercial and private air transportation.
Private air transportaion would be cost prohibitive to someone with
his income

You have no idea what my income is, liar.

so the the only conclusion possible is that Michael J.
Vandeman flew to the dozen international conferences on commercial
airlines.

Michaels use of commercial use of air travel means that he has
conributed to greenhouse emissions at a rate that is five times what
an average person who owns a vehicle would contribute in a year.

Not when made carbon neutral by any of a number of means in common
use.

Multply that by the number of trips and it becomes clear that Michael
J. Vandeman has contributed to global warming and greenhouse emissions
at a level that is equal to 60 years for the average person, far
exceeding the damage that any mountain biker would do his his entire
lifetime.

BS. Many mountain bikers fly to foreign countries to ride. They
actually need to travel farther than anyone else, because they don't
experience anything they are passing whild riding, and get bored
quickly with every trail they ride. Most of them DRIVE to their trails
at least once EVERY WEEK. VERY FEW have trails close enough to ride
to.

The conclusion is that Michael J. Vandeman is an environmental
hypocrite. This cannot be refuted as it was done scientifically by a
person who is qualified to use such a method correctly.

As shown above, you don't have a clue what you are doing, and are a
flaming hypocrite yourself. The fact that you defend mountain biking
and use motor vehicles shows exactly how anti-environment you are. And
the fact that you attack people who are defending wildlife and the
environment makes you a pretty sick person, definitely in need of
psychiatric help (but unlikely to accept it). You should be HELPING
me, not tilting at windmills like the typical mountain bikers such as
the one whose email started this thread.
Old May 8th 10, 09:21 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

"Get a life, and a mountain bike!"

It is quite interesting. And typical of mountain bikers: their entire
life is riding a bike in circles, which is obviously not any kind of
life whatsoever. It's nothing more than having an itch that needs to
be scratched once a week, and benefits ABSOLUTELY NO ONE except the
mountain bike industry. And that is a "life"???????????????
Hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 9th 10, 01:24 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bill Weir

On May 8, 1:10*am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
[...]

You have offered NOTHING to refute the evidence because you can't. You
have not shown ANY proof that I have defended mountain bikers, it's
just your way of diverting attention from your selfish transportation
choices.

You are a proven environmental hypocrite only concerned with your own,
selfish interests.

Please stop raping the upper atmosphere Micahel J. Vandeman.

Old May 9th 10, 01:28 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bill Weir

On May 8, 1:10*am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
You should be HELPING
me, not tilting at windmills like the typical mountain bikers such as
the one whose email started this thread.

I cannot help or support someone who is selfish and has no true
concern for the environment. Let me know when you cease using
commercial airlines and then I'll help you, until then you're just
another attention seeker.

Old May 9th 10, 03:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Bill Baka

On 05/07/2010 09:25 AM, Mike Vandeman wrote:

Your a asshole! Get a life, and a mountain bike!

I'm still riding a mountain bike for a few good reasons.
A. If I see something interesting I will go off road and into stuff that
would probably give me a flat.
B. My Schwinn Super Sport has too large a frame for me.
C. With road slicks at 60 PSI the rolling resistance is not that bad.
D. I can't do the aero crouch thing without getting a very sore neck.
E. I socialize with people I meet along the way.
F. By going slower I tend to find things on the side of the road.
Channel locks, pliers, and even a 3/4 inch industrial drill. Can't do
that from a car or even doing aero and not looking at the sides of the
road. I do take offense at anyone calling mountain bikers idiots as a
lumped together group. There are some really bad road riders too so they
might just pull a 'Darwin' before me.
Bill Baka

Old May 9th 10, 05:27 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On May 8, 5:24*pm, Bill Weir wrote:
[...]

It was extremely difficult for you to find, since it was in your VERY
LAST POST:
"Multply that by the number of trips and it becomes clear that
Michael
J. Vandeman has contributed to global warming and greenhouse
emissions
at a level that is equal to 60 years for the average person, far
exceeding the damage that any mountain biker would do his his entire
lifetime."

it's
just your way of diverting attention from your selfish transportation
choices.

I don't have any "selfish transportation clhoices".

You are a proven environmental hypocrite

You have proven NOTHING. You couldn't "prove" your way out of a paper
bag, motor vehicle-using hypocrite.

Old May 9th 10, 05:30 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On May 8, 5:28*pm, Bill Weir wrote:
On May 8, 1:10*am, Mike Vandeman wrote:

You should be HELPING
me, not tilting at windmills like the typical mountain bikers such as
the one whose email started this thread.

I cannot help or support someone who is selfish and has no true
concern for the environment. Let me know when you cease using
commercial airlines and then I'll help you, until then you're just
another attention seeker.

1. You have never proven that I have used commercial airlines.
2. You deliberately ignored the fact that most environmental
conferences buy carbon credits that cancel the impacts of people who
fly.

Whatever your goal is, telling the truth isn't part of it, hypocrite.
Old May 9th 10, 04:35 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message

Your a asshole! Get a life, and a mountain bike!

We've covered this before. There only appears to be an endless supply
because by your own postings there are 50 million gearsets built by Shimano.
The endless supply of crap is what YOU manage to come up with. Seriously,
there is only one of you, yet you post the same supply of endless drivel
over and over again. And, you don't even have courtesy of trimming the
headers!

I'll bet you walk along the trail with both arms spread wide just so you can
complain that others don't share.

Talk about idiot. Pot, meet Kettle.