minus 5 this morning

Old February 26th 04, 01:06 PM
davep

Default minus 5 this morning

Today the shed thermometer was showing -5. I think thats
the coldest day so far this year in SW London.
I needed the windstopper jacket on the commute as my arms would have
felt a bit cold
( long sleeved base layer and jersey plus gilet ) but the silk inners,
gore liners and
gore main gloves didn't stop the ends of my fingers getting cold.
Does anyone have any of these? The review seems pretty good.
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5360009678

davep

Old February 26th 04, 01:41 PM
Graeme

davep wrote in
:

Today the shed thermometer was showing -5.

Stop it, you are making me seriously jealous! +37 forecast for tomorrow :-\

Graeme
Old February 26th 04, 04:22 PM
Simon Mason

"davep" wrote in message
Today the shed thermometer was showing -5. I think thats
the coldest day so far this year in SW London.
I needed the windstopper jacket on the commute as my arms would have
felt a bit cold
( long sleeved base layer and jersey plus gilet ) but the silk inners,
gore liners and
gore main gloves didn't stop the ends of my fingers getting cold.
Does anyone have any of these? The review seems pretty good.
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5360009678

It was -5 when I cycled home last night. I had the Gore Windstopper T shirt
on,
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5300006428

plus a Gore Future jersey
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5300006428

and the Gore Sprinter jacket (2002).

I've just received the Gore X-Lite jacket (under 40 quid)
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5300006428
but it looks too thin for this weather, I'll wait until the spring to wear
it.

I've not got any Gore gloves yet, I use these Gill ones.
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5300006428
but I wouldn't recommend them as I put them in the washer and the inner came
out and it was the devil's own job to get all the fingers back in.
--
Simon Mason
Anlaby

Old February 26th 04, 05:12 PM
McBain_v1

Davep wrote:
Today the shed thermometer was showing -5. I think thats the coldest day
so far this year in SW London. I needed the windstopper jacket on the
commute as my arms would have felt a bit cold ( long sleeved base layer
and jersey plus gilet ) but the silk inners, gore liners and gore main
gloves didn't stop the ends of my fingers getting cold. Does anyone have
any of these? The review seems pretty good. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?Pr-
oductID=5360009678http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5360009678
davep

I just use some thinsulate gloves on with an extra large pair of cheap
cycling mitts over the top - works for me. On cold rides through I
always try and keep my hands moving on the bars, being static for too
long results in numbness creeping in.

I quite enjoy cycling in the cold (as long as it's dry).

I've got an Endura WindTex jacket, I wear this over my Canondale
fleece, which is worn over a Lowe Alpine base layer - keeps me nice
and toasty

Old February 27th 04, 01:06 AM
davep

McBain_v1 wrote:

Davep wrote:
Today the shed thermometer was showing -5. I think thats the coldest day
so far this year in SW London. I needed the windstopper jacket on the
commute as my arms would have felt a bit cold ( long sleeved base layer
and jersey plus gilet ) but the silk inners, gore liners and gore main
gloves didn't stop the ends of my fingers getting cold. Does anyone have
any of these? The review seems pretty good. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?Pr-
oductID=5360009678http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5360009678
davep

I just use some thinsulate gloves on with an extra large pair of cheap
cycling mitts over the top - works for me. On cold rides through I
always try and keep my hands moving on the bars, being static for too
long results in numbness creeping in.

yep, I did that on the return journey today.
The fingers were a lot less cold

I quite enjoy cycling in the cold (as long as it's dry).

both journeys were really nice today. Cold but not too uncomortable.

I've got an Endura WindTex jacket, I wear this over my Canondale
fleece, which is worn over a Lowe Alpine base layer - keeps me nice
and toasty

--

I kept on my Lusso Windstopper for thewhole of the return journey,
unzipping when it got too hot

davep

Old February 27th 04, 01:12 AM
davep

Simon Mason wrote:

"davep" wrote in message
Today the shed thermometer was showing -5. I think thats
the coldest day so far this year in SW London.
I needed the windstopper jacket on the commute as my arms would have
felt a bit cold
( long sleeved base layer and jersey plus gilet ) but the silk inners,
gore liners and
gore main gloves didn't stop the ends of my fingers getting cold.
Does anyone have any of these? The review seems pretty good.
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5360009678

It was -5 when I cycled home last night. I had the Gore Windstopper T shirt
on,
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5300006428

thats the jacket

plus a Gore Future jersey
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5300006428

so's that

and the Gore Sprinter jacket (2002).

I've just received the Gore X-Lite jacket (under 40 quid)
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5300006428
but it looks too thin for this weather, I'll wait until the spring to wear
it.

nice jacket. Looks like the Hind I've seen in an Action Bikes shop
here in London.

I've not got any Gore gloves yet, I use these Gill ones.
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5300006428

another link to the jacket

but I wouldn't recommend them as I put them in the washer and the inner came
out and it was the devil's own job to get all the fingers back in.

I dont wash my gloves , only the liners

Old February 27th 04, 09:41 AM
Pete Biggs

davep wrote:

Action Bikes

Can you mind your language please. This is a family newsgroup. :-)

~PB

Old February 27th 04, 09:50 AM
McBain_v1

wrote:
I kept on my Lusso Windstopper for thewhole of the return journey,
unzipping when it got too hot davep

It's a bit too snowy outside at the moment for my 23mm slicks. If I ha
a mountain bike I might give a ride a whirl, but not my road bike. Yes
I'd be plenty warm, but I'd also be plenty worried about cornering an
treacherous traction :

-

Old February 27th 04, 10:52 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

I kept on my Lusso Windstopper for thewhole of the return journey,
unzipping when it got too hot davep

It's a bit too snowy outside at the moment for my 23mm slicks. If I had
a mountain bike I might give a ride a whirl, but not my road bike. Yes,
I'd be plenty warm, but I'd also be plenty worried about cornering and
treacherous traction

AS usual here in Norfolk, a couple of inches of snow causes the county to grind
to a halt with over 300 schools being closed (Bah!), including Nathan's school.
However, prior to settling down to do some revision for his GCSEs, he popped
round to see our neighbour who owns the field at the back of our place. Said
neighbour is a good neighbour (having had truly grotty neighbours in the past,
I appreciate the good ones we have now). I then saw Nathan on his mountain bike
having a good time cycling in the snow on his MTB He's now back in, showered
and settled down to the boring business of revision.

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune