Campy Front Derailleur - Std. vs CT

Old January 7th 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Paul Kopit

Default Campy Front Derailleur - Std. vs CT

I am building up a new frame and have both std and CT front
derailleurs. The bike will have FSA Compact cranks with FSA 50/34
rings.

Std., 10 sp., double, front derailleurs have shifted these cranks
fine. My experience with the original Record CT front derailleur
yielded inferior shifts to the std. cage.

Will the current model CT front derailleurs function better than the
std model?

Derailleurs are Chorus and seatube is 35 mm. Shifters are pre 2007
Ergo.
Old January 7th 07, 07:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman

Paul Kopit wrote:
I am building up a new frame and have both std and CT front
derailleurs. The bike will have FSA Compact cranks with FSA 50/34
rings.

Std., 10 sp., double, front derailleurs have shifted these cranks
fine. My experience with the original Record CT front derailleur
yielded inferior shifts to the std. cage.

Will the current model CT front derailleurs function better than the
std model?

Derailleurs are Chorus and seatube is 35 mm. Shifters are pre 2007
Ergo.

In a test of compact cranks in TOUR magazin one of the observations was
that the Campy CT FD only works (slightly) better than the standard FD
with Campy compact cranks. On all other compact cranks the standard FD
was the better choice.

Lou
Old January 7th 07, 01:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

Paul Kopit wrote:
I am building up a new frame and have both std and CT front
derailleurs. The bike will have FSA Compact cranks with FSA 50/34
rings.

Std., 10 sp., double, front derailleurs have shifted these cranks
fine. My experience with the original Record CT front derailleur
yielded inferior shifts to the std. cage.

Will the current model CT front derailleurs function better than the
std model?

Derailleurs are Chorus and seatube is 35 mm. Shifters are pre 2007
Ergo.

NO. FSA cranks, for some reason, do not like CT Campag FDs, use the
standard one for any non-Campag crank.

Old January 7th 07, 03:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Paul Kopit

On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 01:35:14 GMT, Paul Kopit wrote:

I am building up a new frame and have both std and CT front
derailleurs. The bike will have FSA Compact cranks with FSA 50/34
rings.

Std., 10 sp., double, front derailleurs have shifted these cranks
fine. My experience with the original Record CT front derailleur
yielded inferior shifts to the std. cage.

Will the current model CT front derailleurs function better than the
std model?

Thanks for the recommendations for using the Std. front derailleur
with FSA cranks. That was my actual eperience before but I had
thought that Campy would have improved. It must be that the shift
assist placement on a Campy ring is a bit different.