Victory

Old February 7th 04, 07:55 PM
Mandell

Default Victory

Several months ago, I wrote about 4 hills that were on the way from the
Selkerk Trestle to my house. I finally defeated the last of these hills
today!

I have been feeling for a while that I should be able to tackle the hill
right at the end of the trestle if only I were to get there fresh
enough, rather than after riding for an hour before getting there.

Today, I didn't have as much time so I took a shortcut. I told myself
that the only defeat lay in not trying, and I went for it. I wobbled a
lot, but I made it to the top. What a rush!!!

Now I am starting to feel ready to think about Muni.

-Mandell

--
Mandell - Keen Beginner
Mandell's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3769

Old February 8th 04, 05:45 AM
Klaas Bil

Congratulations on conquering those hills!

Now I am starting to feel ready to think about Muni.

Yeah, first things first. So when do you think you will have finished
the process of starting to feel ready to think about MUni? And then
when you feel ready, will you begin thinking about MUni rightaway? How
long would you think about MUni before you have the idea that you are
ready to buying one? Etc.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
I have a feeling you might need two points of contact with the ground for such a thing to work? Or at least training wheels on the front and rear. - John Foss commenting on a picture of a one-wheeled vehicle he saw on RSU.

Old February 8th 04, 06:47 AM
Mandell

Actually, my 20" is outfitted as MUni now with a fat tire, pinned
pedals, and reinforced frame. The hard part is figuring out where to go
that has some trails that match my (low) ability. A new uni is out of
the question for this year, anyway.

Anyone out there know about trails in the Victoria area? I have not
been there, but I suspect that Hartland may be beyond my ability yet.

-Mandell

Old February 8th 04, 09:03 PM
brian.slater

Mandell wrote:
*I have not been there, but I suspect that Hartland may be beyond my
ability yet.*

Always ride beyond your ability. I ride in places that I know that I'll
end up walking a good portion of them, and my ability gets better.

--
brian.slater - Nellfurtiti, the Wonder Cat

Brian C. Slater
AKA: Snoopy

Ok, I am now officially in my normal state of -advanced- confusion.
Don't try to confuse me, it won't make any difference.

"To not decide is to decide" - undecided
brian.slater's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3902