Hey Howard

Old April 17th 09, 12:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Hey Howard

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 07:50:14 -0700 (PDT), ronaldo_jeremiah
wrote:

On Apr 16, 6:32*am, wrote:
There is some 82% stuff on the market that is incredible -
and the last bad culinary habit I am permitted. If anyone can up that
percentage, let me know where I can buy it - and no, baking chocolate
is not what I am looking for...

Curtis -

The 99% products from this place are superb:

www.legacychocolates.com

-rj

I bookmarked it, but I think we are using a different measure -
truffles are usually not 99% chocolate bean. The 82% is the actual
chocolate content. I couldn't find it on their site and you may be
right - at that price I'll have to wait a bit. Maybe I'll call...

Old April 17th 09, 12:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:

On Apr 16, 6:32*am, wrote:
There is some 82% stuff on the market that is incredible -
and the last bad culinary habit I am permitted. If anyone can up that
percentage, let me know where I can buy it - and no, baking chocolate
is not what I am looking for...

Curtis -

The 99% products from this place are superb:

www.legacychocolates.com

-rj

I should have said 82% cocoa content, which could be the difference...
Old April 17th 09, 12:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 20:21:31 -0700, Michael Press
wrote:

This 85% bar is best I ever had.
http://www.chocolatetradingco.com/magazine.asp?section=42&id=112

These Noir Infini Squares will surprise you.
http://www.worldwidechocolate.com/shop_cluizel_99mini.html

--
Michael Press

These I'll order. There is one that the health food place sells that
looks like the second one. Its only 88% and way too pricey for a small
square to justify. These are reasonable...

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old April 17th 09, 02:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_3_]

ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
On Apr 16, 10:10 am, Bob Schwartz
wrote:

Curtis -
The 99% products from this place are superb:
www.legacychocolates.com
-rj

You have more courage than I.

Bob Schwartz

I must be missing something - what's courageous about eating
chocolate?

-r, presented by j

99% is in the danger zone for all but the most hard core.

Bob Schwartz
Old April 17th 09, 03:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

wrote:

Curtis -
The 99% products from this place are superb:
www.legacychocolates.com
-rj
You have more courage than I.

Bob Schwartz

I must be missing something - what's courageous about eating
chocolate?

-r, presented by j

99% is in the danger zone for all but the most hard core.

Bob Schwartz

How is that calculated? It doesn't seem possible that all these other
ingredients are included but only make up 1% of the total.

Ingredients
Cane Sugar, Cocoas, Bourbon Vanilla Pod, Orange Blossom, Spices. 99%
Cocoa.
-Paul
Old April 18th 09, 06:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
wrote:

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 21:23:45 -0500, Carl Sundquist
wrote:

Better than Reece's?

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/produ...on_and_chocola
te

Geez, the only proper chocolate is almost all chocolate with enough
sweetener and filler to take it just out of the completely bitter
category. There is some 82% stuff on the market that is incredible -
and the last bad culinary habit I am permitted. If anyone can up that
percentage, let me know where I can buy it - and no, baking chocolate
is not what I am looking for...

Curtis, Valrhona makes an excellent 85% bar that isn't bitter. I'd post a link,
but their site is under construction (from the looks of it, they hired a Flash guy
who doesn't understand "moderation").

People over 12 that eat cookies with Reese's Pieces where there should
be chocolate chips are to be suspected, identified and turned in to
the authorities. Simple beatings administered with a baseball bat are
an acceptable alternative if you are short on time.

Carl's question was really simple for me to answer, mostly because I don't care
for Reece's. The chocolate isn't very good, nor is the peanut butter. Having said
that, I will admit that I like York mint patties well enough to buy one a couple
times a year. And those things bear only a passing resemblance to "food."

--
tanx,
Howard

Caught playing safe
It's a bored game

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old April 28th 09, 04:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Carl Sundquist

RicodJour wrote:
On Apr 15, 10:23 pm, Carl Sundquist wrote:
Better than Reece's?

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/produ..._pig/bacon_and...

Hey! You got your pork in my chocolate!

I am sure it's delicious, but I tasted a little vomit in the back of
my throat when I clicked your link.

http://www.baconnaise.com/

http://www.random-good-stuff.com/200.../squeez-bacon/

http://www.baconsalt.com/
Old April 28th 09, 07:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Carl Sundquist wrote in
:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/51139

--
Bill Asher
Old May 1st 09, 06:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article , Carl Sundquist
wrote:

RicodJour wrote:
On Apr 15, 10:23 pm, Carl Sundquist wrote:
Better than Reece's?

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/produ..._pig/bacon_and...

Hey! You got your pork in my chocolate!

I am sure it's delicious, but I tasted a little vomit in the back of
my throat when I clicked your link.

http://www.baconnaise.com/

http://www.random-good-stuff.com/200.../squeez-bacon/

http://www.baconsalt.com/

Bacon Takedown:

http://www.villagevoice.com/slideshow/view/1906594/1

Old May 1st 09, 07:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Howard Kveck wrote:
Carl Sundquist wrote:
RicodJour wrote:
Carl Sundquist wrote:
Better than Reece's?
http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/produ..._pig/bacon_and...

Hey! You got your pork in my chocolate!

I am sure it's delicious, but I tasted a little vomit in the back of
my throat when I clicked your link.

http://www.baconnaise.com/
http://www.random-good-stuff.com/200.../squeez-bacon/
http://www.baconsalt.com/

Bacon Takedown:
http://www.villagevoice.com/slideshow/view/1906594/1

Bacon Beeritos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shenife...7613383659739/

Howard has learned his lesson... Ryan Cousineau Racing 2 March 22nd 08 05:41 AM
One for Howard. Simon Mason UK 31 August 18th 07 01:14 PM
John Howard is Guilty of his own Sedition Laws. FEDS AND MILITARY ARREST HOWARD NOW!!! [email protected] Australia 1 October 1st 06 10:25 PM
Howard Stern and the TDF [email protected] Racing 13 July 29th 05 03:38 AM
Well done Howard dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers UK 9 May 18th 04 10:31 PM