Still think he's not a fraud?

Old May 2nd 09, 07:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Still think he's not a fraud?

What a joke. If I gave a **** I'd be embarrassed for him:
Stage 3 - May 1: Dan Potts Memorial Tyrone Individual Time Trials,
25km
52 Floyd Landis (OUCH Pro Cycling Team p/b) 4.04

And don't any of you give me the domestique line because I'll just
show you this:
3 Lance Armstrong (Mellow Johnny's) 1.23
Or this:
13 Chris Horner (Mellow Johnny's) 2.23
Old May 2nd 09, 12:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

On May 1, 11:46*pm, wrote:
What a joke. If I gave a **** I'd be embarrassed for him:
Stage 3 - May 1: Dan Potts Memorial Tyrone Individual Time Trials,
25km
52 Floyd Landis (OUCH Pro Cycling Team p/b) * * * * * * * * 4.04

snip

Dumbass -

I don't know whether or not Floyd is a doper, but that's not evidence.

Even when the guy was a complete Fred mountain biker, he had a
****load of wattage. In road races he'd ride out in the wind by
himself. Everyone would look at him and think, "what a dumb****, but
he sure is physically talented".

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.
Old May 2nd 09, 07:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

On May 2, 4:30*am, "Kurgan. presented by Gringioni."
wrote:
On May 1, 11:46*pm, wrote:

What a joke. If I gave a **** I'd be embarrassed for him:
Stage 3 - May 1: Dan Potts Memorial Tyrone Individual Time Trials,
25km
52 Floyd Landis (OUCH Pro Cycling Team p/b) * * * * * * * * 4.04

snip

Dumbass -

I don't know whether or not Floyd is a doper, but that's not evidence.

Screw that, here's some performance enhancement we can all get behind:
http://www.theimproper.com/Template_Article.aspx?
IssueId=13&ArticleId=3476
http://tinyurl.com/cfk5b8

Who says saline isn't performance-enhancing?
-Paul
Old May 2nd 09, 08:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On May 2, 2:46*am, wrote:
What a joke. If I gave a **** I'd be embarrassed for him:
Stage 3 - May 1: Dan Potts Memorial Tyrone Individual Time Trials,
25km
52 Floyd Landis (OUCH Pro Cycling Team p/b) * * * * * * * * 4.04

And don't any of you give me the domestique line because I'll just
show you this:
3 Lance Armstrong (Mellow Johnny's) * * * * * * * * * * * * 1.23
Or this:
13 Chris Horner (Mellow Johnny's) * * * * * * * * * * * * * 2.23

I agree; he has every reason to go out and prove that he won in 06
fair and square; if he was dominating now, people would have to look
at him and say, well maybe.... but he is proving he can't and couldn't
and didn't and wouldn't.I doubt he's going to get much of a ride next
year, maybe domestically but otherwise what a wash-up.
Old May 2nd 09, 09:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Carl Sundquist

Fred Fredburger wrote:
wrote:
On May 3, 7:56 am, Fred Fredburger
That's irrelevant too you moron because Lance sure as ****
isn't doping at Gila
That's interesting. How do we know this?

Give me one plausible argument for the "most tested
athlete in the world" to juice at a low level regional
stage race in the middle of nowhere that has no
impact on his career other than a decent training
session. Just one.

I disbelieve your claim that these guys show up at the Giro, or Tour,
and begin using PED's for the first time all year. I think they show up
at the Giro with some idea of what they can get away with that'll fly
beneath the testing regimen. That takes practice. Gila is a reasonable
place to get that practice. So maybe he is. Maybe not.

Top riders that dope have too much at risk to be their own test pilots.
That's where quotes from lesser riders "I didn't know what it was, the
soigneur/doctor just gave it to me and told me it would help" come in.
If top riders get busted, it's because they didn't do what they were
told or received inaccurate information. I'd bet the CERA positives only
happened for top riders because nobody expected a testing protocol for
it. There was only a small window of time where people showed up
positive. Once it became known that CERA was being tested for, people
must have either modified their "programs" to allow for the stuff to
clear or already moved on to newer **** That Will Kill Them.

That is not to say that top riders aren't doping during smaller races.
But they are not doing it for the sake of the smaller races. Similarly,
people don't dope while they're out of competition for benefit of the
effects while they're out of competition.
Old May 2nd 09, 11:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Carl Sundquist

Fred Fredburger wrote:
Carl Sundquist wrote:
Fred Fredburger wrote:
wrote:
[...]

The success of this would depend upon everyone having a similar level of
sensitivity to a given treatment. Depending on what they're doing, that
could be truer one year than the next. I don't know what they're doing
this year, so it's difficult to evaluate. EPO was one of those things
where the same person was said to react differently over time. I expect
blood transfusions would have had a more uniform, predictable effect.

So I expect "it depends".

We appear to be talking about two different things. You seem to be
talking about doping to determine the effects for later use. I'm talking
about doping so that riders can appear to be clean when they intend to
perform at their best.
Old May 3rd 09, 12:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
[email protected][_2_]

On May 2, 3:50*pm, wrote:
I agree; he has every reason to go out and prove that he won in 06
fair and square; if he was dominating now, people would have to look
at him and say, well maybe.... but he is proving he can't and couldn't
and didn't and wouldn't.

well there was that minor issue of having his hip replaced.

I know a racer who had that done, as a result of a skiing accident,
and afterward he said he felt like he was always racing on 1 and 1/2
legs.

Old May 3rd 09, 02:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On May 2, 4:15*pm, wrote:
On May 2, 3:50*pm, wrote:

I agree; he has every reason to go out and prove that he won in 06
fair and square; if he was dominating now, people would have to look
at him and say, well maybe.... but he is proving he can't and couldn't
and didn't and wouldn't.

well there was that minor issue of having his hip replaced.

I know a racer who had that done, as a result of a skiing accident,
and afterward he said he felt like he was always racing on 1 and 1/2
legs.

Oh right. The hip. Floyd excuse number 9 or is that 10?
Yeah, so let's say it feels like 1.5 legs now. How
do you think it felt before the operation? Do you think he went
from bad to worse, bad to bad, bad to better or bad to great?

The point is that he probably didn't go from bad to worse so
your point is completely irrelevant. What's number 11?
Old May 3rd 09, 03:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:
On May 1, 11:46*pm, wrote:

What a joke. If I gave a **** I'd be embarrassed for him:
Stage 3 - May 1: Dan Potts Memorial Tyrone Individual Time Trials,
25km
52 Floyd Landis (OUCH Pro Cycling Team p/b) * * * * * * * * 4.04

snip

Dumbass -

I don't know whether or not Floyd is a doper, but that's not evidence.

Even when the guy was a complete Fred mountain biker, he had a
****load of wattage. In road races he'd ride out in the wind by
himself. Everyone would look at him and think, "what a dumb****, but
he sure is physically talented".

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

No it ain't evidence and I do think he's a talented guy that's a
diesel on the bike. But give me a ****ing break - a true
TdF champ has the kind of wattage off the couch that would destroy any
of these chumps at Gila. The other TdF champ at the race is serving
the pain after a longer layoff than Floyd and a recent injury. Wake
the **** up.
Old May 3rd 09, 04:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
[email protected][_2_]

On May 2, 10:01*pm, wrote:

No it ain't evidence and I do think he's a talented guy that's a
diesel on the bike. But give me a ****ing break - a true
TdF champ has the kind of wattage off the couch that would destroy any
of these chumps at Gila. The other TdF champ at the race is serving
the pain after a longer layoff than Floyd and a recent injury. Wake
the **** up.

dumbass,

But LANCE doped too, remember? Wake the **** up.

Fraud Landis is a fraud!!! Joe King Racing 1 August 1st 06 08:24 AM
Fraud Landis!!! Joe King Racing 0 August 1st 06 05:45 AM
Tsunami aid fraud Bill C Racing 1 January 10th 05 10:13 PM
Possible Fraud Paul Whitworth Marketplace 2 November 8th 04 06:30 AM
Is this a fraud? JayofMontreal Marketplace 15 December 29th 03 04:28 AM