Quote of the day

Old June 19th 09, 01:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_4_]

Default Quote of the day

Patrick O'Grady wrote:
On Jun 18, 2:12 pm, RicodJour wrote:

It'd be like that old Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers comic strip where
Phineas and Fat Freddy were bringing the WEED back from Cousin Country
Cowfreak's and a cop car got on their tail for riding on the highway,
so Phineas sniffed up a bunch of amyl nitrate and took off. The last
panel was of the two cops, all banged up and bandaged, standing in
front of their desk sergeant who yelled,
"What the hell happened to you guys?!"
"Well, two hippies on a bike took off from us so fast we thought we'd
stopped, so we got out to take a look at what was wrong..."

Actually, it was cocaine, and Freewheeling Franklin was on the
handlebars with a snootful of the dumb dust, pedaling, with Phineas
steering. The punchline, "Two hippies on a bicycle pulled away from us
so fast we thought our car had stopped and we got out to see what was
wrong!", was Gilbert Shelton's riff on one of his own previous gags, a
Wonder Warthog strip that saw the Hog of Steel pull away from the
Japanese Fastass Sumbitchi motorcycle team at 732.51 mph astride an
American-made Slo-Ped, with a similar outcome. I got 'em all, but I'm
too lazy to scan 'em.

And in the last panel the lad that owns the Slo-Ped is thrilled
because the prize money is enough to buy one of those swell
Fatass Sumbitchis. Good thing the Slo-Ped had pedals.

Bob Schwartz
Old June 19th 09, 02:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Jun 18, 6:32*pm, "Patrick O'Grady" wrote:

Actually, it was cocaine, and Freewheeling Franklin was on the
handlebars with a snootful of the dumb dust, pedaling, with Phineas
steering. The punchline, "Two hippies on a bicycle pulled away from us
so fast we thought our car had stopped and we got out to see what was
wrong!", was Gilbert Shelton's riff on one of his own previous gags, a
Wonder Warthog strip that saw the Hog of Steel pull away from the
Japanese Fastass Sumbitchi motorcycle team at 732.51 mph astride an
American-made Slo-Ped, with a similar outcome. I got 'em all, but I'm
too lazy to scan 'em.

I'll bet you Susan Walker's nuts it was amyl nitrate. In the strip
there was an aside like
amyl nitrate (the famous heart stimulant)
or something like that. Ring a bell?

But, yes, you are accurate on everything else. I bow to your misspent
youth.

Old June 19th 09, 02:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Patrick O'Grady

On Jun 18, 7:15*pm, RicodJour wrote:
[...]

Susan will miss her nuts. The amyl-nitrate gag was another strip.
Freewheeling Franklin picked up five dozen ampules to pass out as
party favors for the annual Dope Dealers Convention and had them in
his shirt pocket when he got attacked by a pair of hippie-hating
rednecks. They stomped on him, the ampules burst and "the sixtyfold OD
of amyl nitrate (a powerful heart stimulant) does its legendary
thing ...". In an instant, Franklin ceases looking like a hairy
Michael Rasmussen and takes on the aspect and attitude of the late
Michel Zanoli, and the rednecks find themselves tied in knots,
somewhat the worse for wear, as Franklin stomps Hulk-like into the
sunset ("Roar! Rave! Snort!").

I'm tellin' ya — I've got 'em all. Original comics and one hard-copy
"best of" compilation. You can rebuild your collection at www.ripoffpress.com
if you're so inclined. I'm thinking about replacing some of my
originals, which have some inexplicable stains and smell weird,
especially to drug-sniffing dogs.

Cheers,

—O'G

"best of" compilation. You can rebuild your collection at www.ripoffpress..com

I capitulate. Off with Susan ******'s nuts!

Old June 19th 09, 04:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

RicodJour wrote:
On Jun 19, 9:39 am, "Patrick O'Grady" wrote:
On Jun 18, 7:15 pm, RicodJour wrote:
I'll bet you Susan Walker's nuts it was amyl nitrate. [...]

Susan will miss her nuts. [...]

I capitulate. Off with Susan ******'s nuts!

Hey now! Next time bet your own chesticles.
Old June 19th 09, 04:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jim Feeley[_2_]

On 6/19/09 6:39 AM, in article
, "Patrick
O'Grady" wrote:

[...]

Patrick O'Grady is the Benjo Maso of drug comic humor.

Jim
PS- I don't check messages sent directly to this email address. Too much
spam. But I'm not hard to find on the internet...
--
Jim Feeley
POV Media

Old June 19th 09, 08:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

Susan Walker wrote:
Hey now! Next time bet your own chesticles.

You'll look much better in a mini (and you'll be more aero
in a skinsuit).