Astana bikes at Nevada City

Old June 23rd 09, 03:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
dave a

Default Astana bikes at Nevada City

Looking at the pics over at cycleto I notice that Horner is riding a
standard issue Trek, but Lance and Levi have frames that are blacked
out. What's up with that?

- dave a
Old June 23rd 09, 06:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"dave a" wrote in message
Looking at the pics over at cycleto I notice that Horner is riding a
standard issue Trek, but Lance and Levi have frames that are blacked
out. What's up with that?

- dave a

Moderator: Please remove this unauthorized post referencing both trade &
military material that is presently classified and not in the public
domain.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old June 23rd 09, 09:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
Moderator: Please remove this unauthorized post referencing both trade &
military material that is presently classified and not in the public
domain.

And ban Susan for possible future moderator obesity accusation while
you're about it.

Old June 23rd 09, 09:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Donald Munro wrote:
And ban Susan for possible future moderator obesity accusation while
you're about it.

Thanks for reminding me. As a small token of my appreciation of his
fatness (His Fatness?) I have now blocked user 'roadbikereview' on
Twitter. Not that he was following me, but just in case.
Old June 24th 09, 01:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jim Feeley[_2_]

On 6/23/09 10:08 AM, in article
, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:

"dave a" wrote in message
Looking at the pics over at cycleto I notice that Horner is riding a
standard issue Trek, but Lance and Levi have frames that are blacked
out. What's up with that?

- dave a

Moderator: Please remove this unauthorized post referencing both trade &
military material that is presently classified and not in the public
domain.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Really? I haven't looked at any pix too closely and wasn't at Nevada City.
Were the bikes different?

Jim
PS- I don't check messages sent directly to this email address. Too much
spam. But I'm not hard to find on the internet...
--
Jim Feeley
POV Media

Old June 24th 09, 02:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

Really? I haven't looked at any pix too closely and wasn't at Nevada
City.
Were the bikes different?

Closeup here-

http://picasaweb.google.com/ChainRea...89364878777122

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

"Jim Feeley" wrote in message
On 6/23/09 10:08 AM, in article
, "Mike Jacoubowsky"

Old June 24th 09, 03:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
Susan Walker wrote:

Donald Munro wrote:
And ban Susan for possible future moderator obesity accusation while
you're about it.

Thanks for reminding me. As a small token of my appreciation of his
fatness (His Fatness?)

How about "His Lardship?"

--
tanx,
Howard

Caught playing safe
It's a bored game

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old June 24th 09, 07:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:

"dave a" wrote in message
Looking at the pics over at cycleto I notice that Horner is riding a
standard issue Trek, but Lance and Levi have frames that are blacked
out. What's up with that?

- dave a

Moderator: Please remove this unauthorized post referencing both trade &
military material that is presently classified and not in the public
domain.

Non-candyass prediction: when released, this will be the new Trek
Madderone.

Either that, or Lance is cheating on Trek.

Seriously, these things would be less conspicuous with a few Trek decals
on them. Temporary blackout job over bold new graphics, possibly by
Shepherd Fairey?

Old June 24th 09, 08:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
]...
In article ,
"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:

"dave a" wrote in message
Looking at the pics over at cycleto I notice that Horner is riding
standard issue Trek, but Lance and Levi have frames that are
blacked
out. What's up with that?

- dave a

Moderator: Please remove this unauthorized post referencing both
trade &
military material that is presently classified and not in the public
domain.

Non-candyass prediction: when released, this will be the new Trek
Madderone.

Either that, or Lance is cheating on Trek.

Seriously, these things would be less conspicuous with a few Trek
decals
on them. Temporary blackout job over bold new graphics, possibly by
Shepherd Fairey?

You saw the new Madone. The one Chris was riding. Lance and Levi were
riding the pre-production prototypes they've been testing for a while.
In a non-race environment, it makes sense to have no graphics, no name.
Matte black helps to hide tube shapes, and the lack of graphics... well
actually I think it's just kinda dumb, 'cuz you see something with no
decals and that's going to cause you to get more, not less interested.

But no matter what, it doesn't make sense to have your top guys, in a
race, on a bike with no manufacturer name on it. Of course, it was only
at the very last minute that it was decided they'd be riding Nevada
City.

Old June 24th 09, 01:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
P. Chisholm

On Jun 23, 11:08*am, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
"dave a" wrote in message

Looking at the pics over at cycleto I notice that Horner is riding a
standard issue Trek, but Lance and Levi have frames that are blacked
out. *What's up with that?

- dave a

Moderator: Please remove this unauthorized post referencing both trade &
military material that is presently classified and not in the public
domain.

--Mike-- * * Chain Reaction Bicycleswww.ChainReactionBicycles.com

'Military'..that's a hoot. Like any of these guys would make it in the
military.

Nevada City Winner Tom Kunich Racing 20 June 23rd 09 07:29 AM
The Galaxy is dead.... Long live Nevada City marc UK 0 October 4th 07 12:16 PM
Updated article on the Nevada City Classic Les Earnest Racing 0 May 15th 07 11:05 PM
Nevada City Classic Les Earnest Racing 0 October 3rd 06 10:23 PM
Nevada City Classic Winners List? [email protected] Racing 0 September 17th 03 08:29 AM