Alonzo to field a ream with Contador?

Old July 13th 09, 02:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
flushtango

Default Alonzo to field a ream with Contador?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...IUuOpYbLrNUXRw

jj

Old July 13th 09, 02:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
flushtango

"flushtango" wrote in message
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...IUuOpYbLrNUXRw

jj

Ream or team-it's up to you.

jj

Old July 13th 09, 03:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 06:53:51 -0700, "flushtango"
wrote:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...IUuOpYbLrNUXRw

jj

I'll someone else start the offshoot on the misspelling in the title,
which will go on longer that any serious response. This has three
offshoots in my opinion. The first is that Contador is now the red
headed child. He better race his butt into a position that he can't be
tossed to the dogs or that's what will happen. There is Astana top to
bottom and then there is Contador.

The second is that it will happen. Contador is probably wishing he
didn't find a way to break the contract during the 'no money' days.
With Lance making noises that he will be back next year, Contador will
be headed to the door.

The final point is that if Vino comes back, Lance will leave him with
a meaningless framework of a team and the real Astana sans Contador
will be elsewhere. And Contador will appreciate LA in the end for
snapping his contract along with everyone else's as they all head for
the door.

So on the rest day, my guess is:

1. Lance's lawyers
2. Vinokourov's lawyers

Not that it will make any difference. Vino will lose every element of
what everyone else seems to feel is the strongest Tour team and feel
he is ahead of the game. OTOH, 'Vinokourov' and 'team' are difficult
to put in a sentence that implies agreement.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old July 13th 09, 03:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

flushtango wrote:
Alonzo to field a ream with Contador?

They're writing a book ?

Old July 13th 09, 05:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jim Feeley[_2_]

On 7/13/09 7:15 AM, in article , "Donald
Munro" wrote:

flushtango wrote:
Alonzo to field a ream with Contador?

They're writing a book ?

Shockingly non-profane. And moderately funny.

Well played.

Jim

Old July 13th 09, 06:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul B. Anders

On Jul 13, 6:53*am, "flushtango" wrote:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...mnKgVrQ1H0IUuO...

jj

Alonzo is too busy with F1 to be worrying about cycling.

Brad Anders
Old July 14th 09, 12:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

wrote:

[...]

After Contador wins in Paris with Armstrong's help,
they reform with Alonzo. Contador, JB, Armstrong.

--
Michael Press
Old July 14th 09, 01:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Michael Press" wrote in message

After Contador wins in Paris with Armstrong's help,
they reform with Alonzo. Contador, JB, Armstrong.

I think that everyone but Contador will go to a new team but Contador will
go to a Spanish team. Hopefully he won't then get busted.

Old July 14th 09, 01:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

On Jul 13, 3:53*pm, "flushtango" wrote:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...mnKgVrQ1H0IUuO...

jj

I can imagine Armstrong and Alonso starting a team, that is, Alonso
driving in NASCAR with Livestrong sponsorship.

-ilan
Old July 14th 09, 02:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

wrote:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...H0IUuOpYbLrNUX
Rw

jj

I'll someone else start the offshoot on the misspelling in the title,
which will go on longer that any serious response. This has three
offshoots in my opinion. The first is that Contador is now the red
headed child. He better race his butt into a position

Oh no you didn't!

[...]

Does the Astana sponsorship contract really extend, with hard money*,
beyond this season?

If not, can you really see any continuation for Bruyneel and Astana?

A team is, more or less, a DS, a staff, some riders, and a thin layer of
sponsor-colored plastic wrapped around a leased bus. The rest of the
stuff is laundry and sponsor-bikes, which are annually sold off by the
riders or mechanics and changed out for new ones.

I think Johan is getting what he wants from both Lance and Alberto. I
think if Contador wins this Tour (or loses it due to force majeur), he
will be more or less happy to stay.

And I think that Astana doesn't want anything to do with Bruyneel and
that Bruyneel sees greener pastures further away from Vino.

*and basically, I mean money Johan already has deposited in his account.