Chris Horner racing Nevada City this Sunday!

Old June 17th 09, 01:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

Default Chris Horner racing Nevada City this Sunday!

Just announced on twitter by some guy named Lance that he, Chris Horner
and Levi will all be racing Nevada City this Sunday. I believe this will
be Chris's first race after his last injury, and probably be used to
figure out if he's going to be going with the team to France.

Either that or the team's budget has been reduced due to non-payment by
the Kazakhs such that this is as much as they can afford to do. :-)

I suspect it will be another good day for Mellow Johnny's racing team.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old June 17th 09, 02:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 17:40:19 -0700, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:

Just announced on twitter by some guy named Lance that he, Chris Horner
and Levi will all be racing Nevada City this Sunday. I believe this will
be Chris's first race after his last injury, and probably be used to
figure out if he's going to be going with the team to France.

Oh, that's going to be sick fast. That race looks so painful
Old June 17th 09, 03:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Jim Feeley" wrote in message
On 6/16/09 6:06 PM, in article
,

wrote:

Just announced on twitter by some guy named Lance that he, Chris
Horner
and Levi will all be racing Nevada City this Sunday. I believe this
will
be Chris's first race after his last injury, and probably be used to
figure out if he's going to be going with the team to France.

Oh, that's going to be sick fast. That race looks so painful

It is. But for many racers, the pain doesn't last as long as the race.
There's a pretty high rate of attrition. And some spectacular crashes,
or so
I recall.

Jim "usually attrited" Feeley

One year when I was racing it as a junior, I watched a kid heading down
Broad Street (the big descent) and, instead of making the 90 degree turn
onto Pine Street (the older course layout), he just went straight into
the hay bales. Didn't even attempt to make the turn. If not for the
adrenalin you'd be thinking "What have I gotten myself into now????"
Well OK, I was thinking that anyway!

Another year I became so dehydrated I had to spend some time in the
medical tent. I think that was my first year as a senior in the race...
OK, could have been my only year as a senior, not sure. 11th place but
out of 100 starters I think maybe only 35 finished.

It's fun, in a way, and you look forward to it, sorta, but about halfway
through, sometimes sooner, you discover that either you've got legs or
you don't. The funny thing is, if you don't have legs, they still let
you know they're there. Wassup with that???

I haven't been to the race in a few years and was thinking about going
anyway. Now I'm definitely going. My son & I are big fans of Chris
Horner.

Old June 17th 09, 03:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
KG[_2_]

On Jun 16, 7:39*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:

I haven't been to the race in a few years and was thinking about going
anyway. Now I'm definitely going. My son & I are big fans of Chris
Horner.

Dumbass -

Chris Horner is a great guy.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.
Old June 17th 09, 05:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul B. Anders

On Jun 16, 5:40*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
Just announced on twitter by some guy named Lance that he, Chris Horner
and Levi will all be racing Nevada City this Sunday. I believe this will
be Chris's first race after his last injury, and probably be used to
figure out if he's going to be going with the team to France.

Either that or the team's budget has been reduced due to non-payment by
the Kazakhs such that this is as much as they can afford to do. :-)

I suspect it will be another good day for Mellow Johnny's racing team.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycleswww.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

If I'd known earlier I think I'd have flown there to see this. Nevada
City is one of the great races in the US. It should be pretty cool to
see who can hang with these guys on this course, there are always some
CA guys who will surprise you.

Brad Anders
Old June 17th 09, 06:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

====================

If I'd known earlier I think I'd have flown there to see this. Nevada
City is one of the great races in the US. It should be pretty cool to
see who can hang with these guys on this course, there are always some
CA guys who will surprise you.

Brad Anders
====================

Credit Agricole still has a team? :-)

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old June 22nd 09, 01:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT

Race is on: video:

http://nevco.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?publish_id=10
Old June 22nd 09, 01:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 00:19:14 GMT, Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT
wrote:

Race is on: video:

http://nevco.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?publish_id=10

OMG - the full Mellow Johnny team is there. Even LANCE TIOOYK
Old June 22nd 09, 01:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT

wrote:

Race is on: video:

http://nevco.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?publish_id=10

OMG - the full Mellow Johnny team is there. Even LANCE TIOOYK

OMG Chad Gerlach was a doper I guess.

Actually, cool he's turned his life around.

A new Chris Horner fan Ted van de Weteringe Racing 9 July 14th 08 03:55 PM
Chris Horner? cwr Racing 3 November 8th 07 11:45 PM
Chris Horner [email protected] Racing 0 April 18th 07 03:06 PM
Nevada City Classic Les Earnest Racing 0 October 3rd 06 10:23 PM
Chris Horner Tom Kunich Racing 10 July 24th 05 07:10 AM