Another Skirmish in the Ongoing Human vs. Squirrel War

Old March 26th 07, 02:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
D'ohBoy

Default Another Skirmish in the Ongoing Human vs. Squirrel War

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f5d_1172741350

PETA members should probably skip this one ;o)

D'ohBoy

Old March 26th 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Just A User

D'ohBoy wrote:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f5d_1172741350

PETA members should probably skip this one ;o)

D'ohBoy

I didn't think flying squirrels looked like that! I always thought they
were a lot smaller than the one shown in that video.

Ken
Old March 26th 07, 03:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

aahhhaahaahehehe!
walmart, right, has slingshot and ammo.
the slingshot is afirly accurate with minimal practice. a one foot
square at 50' easy.
squirrels run the top of a boardfence here
whoop knockem off into the bush
whizzzing a 1/4 bearing past a squirrel nose is AAA
squirrel eyes are on the sides
so you get the squirrel looking at the approaching bright silver
bearing at 110+
you get the perspective and sound of the bearing getting smaller as it
approachs the squirrels nose
at 2 feet bearing-squirrel, squirrel freezes solid in "absolute
terror"
whazzat?
tearing a hind leg of a squirrel will not keep a hungry squirrel from
the feeder
but getting hit with a 110+ 1/4 bearing it sure do induce trauma
all i do now is knock on the slider once and shazamm daze gone.

Old March 27th 07, 01:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
RonSonic

On 26 Mar 2007 06:44:25 -0700, "D'ohBoy" wrote:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f5d_1172741350

PETA members should probably skip this one ;o)

D'ohBoy

Bike content: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1f1_1174786021

Ron

Effect pedal demo's up at http://www.soundclick.com/ronsonicpedalry

Old March 27th 07, 03:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

http://ag.arizona.edu/research/redsquirrel/main.html

Old March 27th 07, 03:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

On Mar 27, 10:35 am, " wrote:
http://ag.arizona.edu/research/redsquirrel/main.html

interesting quote:

"For the squirrel, the frog and other species that have retreated ever
higher, there may be no place left to go.

"As the climate warms, these species on top of the sky islands are
literally getting pushed off into space," Dr. Overpeck said.""

Old March 29th 07, 11:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

bashing small anmals with the bike is a surprise, the bike moving
slowly.
but you know you can't reach down and pick one up caws daze just too
damn fast.
but you do remember your mom or dad attempting some kind of instructed
orientation period for learning about TSD with the ICE.
and so it goes with the squirrel. at the farthest fence corner out the
backdoor maybe 50' is an oak with a leaning bend. leaning away. a
squirrel perch. the squirrel is above me by 10' looking down.
after 3 weeks of learning to whaaap squirels off the fence, one or two
squirrels learned to move away from the oncoming bearing-just enough
for the bearing to whizz by 3-4" away. only on the perch. too busy
everywhere else to get a grip on the bearing. I can pull the sling
back 18": 120 mph at 50'? and squirrel steps aside.

Old March 30th 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
bdbafh

On Mar 26, 8:37 pm, RonSonic wrote:
On 26 Mar 2007 06:44:25 -0700, "D'ohBoy" wrote:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f5d_1172741350

PETA members should probably skip this one ;o)

D'ohBoy

Bike content:http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1f1_1174786021

Ron

Effect pedal demo's up athttp://www.soundclick.com/ronsonicpedalry

I think that her seat was too high, which caused a rocking motion of
her hips.

-bdbafh

RIP Squirrel Stephen Harding General 24 June 18th 06 02:16 AM
My 2c on the ongoing netkook issue gplama Australia 31 June 15th 06 10:04 PM
Ongoing Saddle Height Adjustment and Results Michael J. Klein General 5 October 1st 04 03:34 AM
Ongoing Saddle Height Adjustment and Results Michael J. Klein Techniques 8 October 1st 04 03:34 AM
Another Addition to My "Required Reading for the Entire Planet": _Significant Others -- The Ape-Human Continuum and the Quest for Human Nature_ Mike Vandeman Mountain Biking 8 April 11th 04 12:13 PM