Today I will be mostly.....

Old August 10th 03, 02:44 PM
Doesnotcompute

Default Today I will be mostly.....

Tweaking.

I've got some new blocks to go in my Avid V's, and then I can hopeully
set them so that the levers don't have over and inch of travel before
they lock the wheels tight.

The I'm thinking of switching my Gripshifts for the LX rapid fires I've
got in the cupboard. I have this mental image that I preferer indexed
thumb shifters to gripshifts, but it's been so long I don't rightly
remember.

Then of course there will be the obligatory test ride - assuming the
weather stays finer than it was this morning.

I wish I had a workstand

--
Dnc

Old August 10th 03, 04:22 PM
Doesnotcompute

The Real Slim Shady wrote:
Brilliant. Thankyou very much!!

No no, you misunderstand, I'm tweaking MY bike, not yours

Ps, posting at the bottom would be preferable (ie put your text under
the text you are replying to).

ta!

--
Dnc

Old August 10th 03, 06:35 PM
Doesnotcompute

Digweed .. wrote:

The I'm thinking of switching my Gripshifts for the LX rapid fires
I've got in the cupboard. I have this mental image that I preferer
indexed thumb shifters to gripshifts, but it's been so long I don't
rightly remember.

I also did this change and the difference is marvellous. With a gripshift I
was often over-shifting, but no more.

Indeed - I just find them less than precise and a bit, well, clumsy.

Then of course there will be the obligatory test ride - assuming the
weather stays finer than it was this morning.

I wish I had a workstand

Even a cheap £19.95 from somewhere, (but forget where) makes a hell of a
difference to 'tweaking' fun ..

£20? Bargain - see if you can remember where will ya?

Have a great test ride .. don't forget the allen keys .. Last test ride I
did I found that revolving brake levers are a little disconcerting upon
first application of nothing ....

Heh, Done that many a time. Likewise not actually connecting brakes
after having removed wheels etc.

Seems okay for now, will see how it beds in over the next few days
commuting. The shift units don't work brilliantly with my levers, reckon
I might just have to scour ebay for something a bit trick [tm]

--
Dnc