God moves in mysterious ways

Old August 21st 10, 08:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default God moves in mysterious ways

Jim Newman wrote:
Mrcheerful wrote:
you couldn't make it up: Container falls off truck onto cyclist

What is it with usenet that turns people from knowledgeable, helpful
members on some groups (DIY, car maintenance) into total
embarrassments for the human race on this one?

Mr C, the fact that you can the above in any way humourus would be
shocking for people who know you from the other group.

in what way does my post make it humorous? It is just an astonishingly
unusual way to go involving a UK cyclist. I often see cyclists carry out
some of the maddest, most dangerous manouevres on roundabouts, I recently
came across a cyclist going the wrong way around a large roundabout, and I
have little doubt that in this case the cyclist was at least in part
responsible for her own demise: so God moves in mysterious ways.

Old August 21st 10, 08:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Simon Mason wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
you couldn't make it up: Container falls off truck onto cyclist

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/...ter.6486725.jp

I don't normally inhabit this nutjob infested place anymore, but I
knew that poor woman and this just shows what a nasty piece of pond
scum you are.

I merely reported it here, I did not make offensive comments about the
cyclist.

Old August 21st 10, 10:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Thorpe

Mrcheerful wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
you couldn't make it up: Container falls off truck onto cyclist

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/...ter.6486725.jp

I don't normally inhabit this nutjob infested place anymore, but I
knew that poor woman and this just shows what a nasty piece of pond
scum you are.

I merely reported it here, I did not make offensive comments about the
cyclist.

You know what you wrote. We know what you wrote.
We know what you are, and I suspect you do too.

--
Roger Thorpe

Standing on a golf course, dressed in PVC.....
Old August 21st 10, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

"Roger Thorpe" wrote in message
Mrcheerful wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
you couldn't make it up: Container falls off truck onto cyclist

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/...ter.6486725.jp
I don't normally inhabit this nutjob infested place anymore, but I
knew that poor woman and this just shows what a nasty piece of pond
scum you are.

I merely reported it here, I did not make offensive comments about the
cyclist.

You know what you wrote. We know what you wrote.
We know what you are, and I suspect you do too.

--
Roger Thorpe

Standing on a golf course, dressed in PVC.....

do people get similarly enraged by programmes such as : "1001 ways to die" ?
Which details strange ways to die and will probably get to this incident
eventually.

I made no jokes about her job getting on top of her, or the pressures of the
office, or getting canned.

Old August 21st 10, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Thorpe

Mrcheerful wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

I think that it's quite possible to find the Darwin awards funny so long
as you don't think about it too much and lack empathy.
What you have done here, in addition to displaying the lack of empathy
or insight required to be a functioning human being, is to view all
cyclists as an homogeneous single group, with the fate of one being the
consequence of the 'sins' of the others. This kind of thinking leads you
to a very bad place indeed.

Oh and by the way, you can stick your god up your arse.

Old August 21st 10, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 11:58:54 +0100, Roger Thorpe
wrote:

I think that it's quite possible to find the Darwin awards funny so long
as you don't think about it too much and lack empathy.
What you have done here, in addition to displaying the lack of empathy
or insight required to be a functioning human being, is to view all
cyclists as an homogeneous single group, with the fate of one being the
consequence of the 'sins' of the others. This kind of thinking leads you
to a very bad place indeed.

I think it's simpler than that. He is setting out to be deliberately
offensive in the hope that instead of simply laughing at his pointless
idiocy, he will make people angry.

I doubt if he would actually delight in the death of another human
being, though some people (e.g. Mike Vandeman) genuinely do seem to be
that deranged. Making use of tragic deaths to further an agenda is
not, alas, at all rare - it's a staple of groups like Headway and
BeHIT's campaigning and a cynical exploitation of the public's
susceptibility to the fallacy of misleading vividness. If people who
did this were able to get past the cognitive dissonance I suspect they
would be genuinely horrified at what they had done.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/
The usenet price promise: all opinions offered in newsgroups are guaranteed
Old August 22nd 10, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Budstaff

Simon Mason wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
you couldn't make it up: Container falls off truck onto cyclist

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/...ter.6486725.jp

I don't normally inhabit this nutjob infested place anymore, but I
knew that poor woman and this just shows what a nasty piece of pond
scum you are.

I merely reported it here, I did not make offensive comments about the
cyclist.

You expressed the opinion that it was probably her fault whilst in
possession of no evidence - that's offensive.

Old August 23rd 10, 12:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Simon Mason wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
you couldn't make it up: Container falls off truck onto cyclist

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/...ter.6486725.jp

I don't normally inhabit this nutjob infested place anymore, but I
knew that poor woman and this just shows what a nasty piece of pond
scum you are.

I merely reported it here, I did not make offensive comments about
the cyclist.

You expressed the opinion that it was probably her fault whilst in
possession of no evidence - that's offensive.

that was subsequently, and I may be correct.

The Grant moves on Ozark Bicycle Techniques 104 September 15th 09 08:07 PM
The Grant moves on landotter Techniques 0 September 14th 09 05:16 AM
ToC moves to May Robert Chung[_2_] Racing 0 May 6th 09 06:19 PM
New Moves fractured_frames Unicycling 13 July 15th 06 11:23 AM
Doping Moves On ;-) B. Lafferty Racing 4 August 10th 04 04:09 PM