God moves in mysterious ways

Old August 20th 10, 07:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default God moves in mysterious ways

you couldn't make it up: Container falls off truck onto cyclist

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/...ter.6486725.jp

Old August 20th 10, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
mileburner

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
you couldn't make it up: Container falls off truck onto cyclist

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/...ter.6486725.jp

I don't think it has anything to do with God. It is what happens when ****s
with heavy loads take roundabouts too fast. :-(

Old August 20th 10, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bill

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
you couldn't make it up: Container falls off truck onto cyclist

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/...ter.6486725.jp

Pity it wasn't your mother then we could all share your mirth.

Old August 20th 10, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Bill wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
you couldn't make it up: Container falls off truck onto cyclist

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/...ter.6486725.jp

Pity it wasn't your mother then we could all share your mirth.

It wouldn't make much difference to her, she has been dead for the best part
of twenty years.

Old August 20th 10, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

mileburner wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
you couldn't make it up: Container falls off truck onto cyclist

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/...ter.6486725.jp

I don't think it has anything to do with God. It is what happens when
****s with heavy loads take roundabouts too fast. :-(

I am amazed she was actually on the road, I guess she just pedalled out
without looking (standard cyclist routine), causing the lorry to swerve to
avoid her and causing the container to fall on her.

Old August 20th 10, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

Mrcheerful wrote:
mileburner wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
you couldn't make it up: Container falls off truck onto cyclist

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/...ter.6486725.jp

I don't think it has anything to do with God. It is what happens when
****s with heavy loads take roundabouts too fast. :-(

I am amazed she was actually on the road, I guess she just pedalled out
without looking (standard cyclist routine), causing the lorry to swerve to
avoid her and causing the container to fall on her.

Dear, oh dear...

The woman is dead. She'll have grieving bereaved relatives. Have a *bit* of
respect.
Old August 20th 10, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/...-huge-commuter.....

Pity it wasn't your mother then we could all share your mirth.

It wouldn't make much difference to her, she has been dead for the best part
of twenty years.

I don't blame her!
Old August 20th 10, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jim Newman

Mrcheerful wrote:
you couldn't make it up: Container falls off truck onto cyclist

What is it with usenet that turns people from knowledgeable, helpful
members on some groups (DIY, car maintenance) into total embarrassments
for the human race on this one?

Mr C, the fact that you can the above in any way humourus would be
shocking for people who know you from the other group.

Old August 21st 10, 08:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tosspot[_3_]

On 20/08/10 22:33, Jim Newman wrote:
Mrcheerful wrote:
you couldn't make it up: Container falls off truck onto cyclist

What is it with usenet that turns people from knowledgeable, helpful
members on some groups (DIY, car maintenance) into total embarrassments
for the human race on this one?

Mr C, the fact that you can the above in any way humourus would be
shocking for people who know you from the other group.

But it's not unusual, I have different people from different groups in
my kf so I'll read their posts elsewhere but not here.
Old August 21st 10, 08:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
you couldn't make it up: Container falls off truck onto cyclist

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/...ter.6486725.jp

I don't normally inhabit this nutjob infested place anymore, but I knew that
poor woman and this just shows what a nasty piece of pond scum you are.

Tosser.

Over and out.

Killed on her ride to work: 'Loving, thoughtful' grandmother was a keen
cyclist

Tragic death: Susan Russell often travelled by bike.
A GRANDMOTHER and keen cyclist was killed on her ride to work when a lorry
shed its load.

Susan Russell, 54, died as she made her routine journey to an old people's
home in Victoria Dock, Hull, where she worked as a carer.

She was part-way through her 10-minute cycle ride from her home in Abbey
Street, east Hull, when the accident happened on the A63, Garrison Road,
city centre, just before 7.30am yesterday.

The accident forced police to close the road for more than seven hours.

It meant delays for rush hour commuters and caused major traffic disruption
across Hull until the route reopened at about 2.45pm.
Susan's sister, Patricia Kipling, told the Mail the care home worker often
travelled by bike.

Known as Sue to friends and relatives, the east Hull woman's family have
paid tribute to a "loving, thoughtful" person.

Susan, who was a mother to Angela and Michelle, both in their 20s, and
grandmother-of-four, was planning to marry her partner of almost two years
Steve Green, 53.

Patricia, 63, said: "She had plenty of friends and always spent time with
her grandkids.

"Her partner Steve is absolutely devastated."

Patricia, who lives in Woodbine Close in west Hull, said: "Her grandchildren
are really going to miss her a lot, I know that.

"She was always taking them out and doing things with them whenever she had
a spare minute.

"She was really soft like that."

The accident happened on the A63, Garrison Road, at the junction with Great
Union Street.

It is thought a white lorry and trailer, carrying a green container, was on
the roundabout when its load came off and struck Susan as she made her way
to work.

The 46-year-old male driver of the lorry was arrested and was last night
still in police custody.

--
Simon Mason

The Grant moves on Ozark Bicycle Techniques 104 September 15th 09 08:07 PM
The Grant moves on landotter Techniques 0 September 14th 09 05:16 AM
ToC moves to May Robert Chung[_2_] Racing 0 May 6th 09 06:19 PM
New Moves fractured_frames Unicycling 13 July 15th 06 11:23 AM
Doping Moves On ;-) B. Lafferty Racing 4 August 10th 04 04:09 PM