A disappointing TDF

Old July 26th 15, 04:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Randall Shimizu

Default A disappointing TDF

This years TDF has been a bit on the boring side this year. Froome rode a defensive tour. I would have liked to have seen Froome go on the attack rather than wait.
Old July 26th 15, 04:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_12_]

Randall Shimizu a écrit profondement:

| This years TDF has been a bit on the boring side this year. Froome
| rode a defensive tour. I would have liked to have seen Froome go on
| the attack rather than wait.

You got that right.

Defensive riding == Negative Racing

--
Davey Crockett says Check out the Tour
http://algarveservers.com/sportsite/
Old July 26th 15, 08:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Randall Shimizu

I don't necessarily fault Froome for riding a defensive tour. But certainly makes for a more boring TDF. Given how strong the competition was this year he may have been forced to ride a defensive tour. Personally I have not made up my mind yet. In the end Froome will not go down as one the truly great TDF winners.

Old July 26th 15, 09:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael[_10_]

On Sunday, July 26, 2015 at 10:19:38 AM UTC-5, Randall Shimizu wrote:
This years TDF has been a bit on the boring side this year. Froome rode a defensive tour. I would have liked to have seen Froome go on the attack rather than wait.

As with every year, I loved every minute of the Tour, except for the crashes, esp. the loss of two yellow jerseys. It was also just awesome to see Dieter "the Devil" Senft back again! Can't wait for next year.

Mike
Old August 24th 15, 04:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Phil

On Sunday, July 26, 2015 at 11:19:38 AM UTC-4, Randall Shimizu wrote:
This years TDF has been a bit on the boring side this year. Froome rode a defensive tour. I would have liked to have seen Froome go on the attack rather than wait.

This what happens when you ride the TDF without PHD's
Old August 26th 15, 03:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLTom992

On Sunday, July 26, 2015 at 8:19:38 AM UTC-7, Randall Shimizu wrote:
This years TDF has been a bit on the boring side this year. Froome rode a defensive tour. I would have liked to have seen Froome go on the attack rather than wait.

This year there were a half dozen teams and lead riders that could have won the tour. The proper strategy in such a case is to gain a lead and protect it and that is exactly what Froome did.

Maybe it was boring but it was the intelligent thing to do.

Disappointing UDC service feel the light Unicycling 28 March 27th 08 01:10 AM
Disappointing Kyle_Destroyer Unicycling 1 January 16th 08 12:24 AM
Very disappointing Scott Racing 7 April 28th 06 04:29 AM
Disappointing Giro Ewoud Dronkert Racing 6 May 30th 05 05:02 AM
Coulée Verte in Ile de France - Rather Disappointing Elisa Francesca Roselli UK 4 May 20th 04 02:09 AM