Repairing TA Axix Pro

Old July 1st 05, 02:28 PM
Arthur Clune

Default Repairing TA Axix Pro

I have a TA Axix Pro BB, which needs new bearings. From what I can tell on the web,
it takes 6903 cartridge bearings, press fit.

Has anyone else replaced the bearings on one of these and if so, how hard is it?

I have a friend who works in a machine shop, so access to equipment isn't a
desperate problem.

Arthur

The struggle of people against power is the struggle
of memory against forgetting - Milan Kundera

Old July 2nd 05, 12:55 AM
Gary Jacobson

"Arthur Clune" wrote in message
I have a TA Axix Pro BB, which needs new bearings. From what I can tell on
the web,
it takes 6903 cartridge bearings, press fit.

Has anyone else replaced the bearings on one of these and if so, how hard
is it?

Jeepers, I just tap them gently with a rubber mallet.
Place the assembly in a vice so that one bearing is on top of the jaws. I
use some rubber on the top of the jaws so that when I tap the spindle the
bearing housing doesn't get mashed. Do the opposite when installing new
ones. (More important, obviously, to protect the new bearing).

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

Old July 2nd 05, 08:10 PM
Arthur Clune

Gary Jacobson wrote:

: Jeepers, I just tap them gently with a rubber mallet.
: Place the assembly in a vice so that one bearing is on top of the jaws. I
: use some rubber on the top of the jaws so that when I tap the spindle the
: bearing housing doesn't get mashed. Do the opposite when installing new
: ones. (More important, obviously, to protect the new bearing).

Excellent. That sounds like something I can cope with.

Cheers for the the advice