Brooks Handlebar Grips - Anyone using them for strictly good weather?

Old February 17th 08, 11:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Zoot Katz

Default Brooks Handlebar Grips - Anyone using them for strictly good weather?

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 13:25:46 -0800 (PST), landotter
wrote:

Well, seeing as wooden grips are a PITA to source these days.

They're probably expensive too.

Lance Armstrong just paid $12,000 for a SS steel bike with wooden
grips and only one brake.

http://handmadebicycleshow.com/2008/...1 5&Itemid=76
--
zk
Old February 17th 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

wrote:

Well, seeing as wooden grips are a PITA to source these days.

They're probably expensive too.

Lance Armstrong just paid $12,000 for a SS steel bike with wooden
grips and only one brake.

http://handmadebicycleshow.com/2008/...1 5&Itemid=76

And an unattractive bicycle at that.

Old February 18th 08, 01:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Zoot Katz

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 17:46:52 -0600, Tom Sherman
went lookin' for fish:

Lance Armstrong just paid $12,000 for a SS steel bike with wooden
grips and only one brake.

http://handmadebicycleshow.com/2008/...1 5&Itemid=76

And an unattractive bicycle at that.

Yeah, but what can you expect from a bent rider.

http://www.timetogetnaked.com/gosamg...ider/Rbio.html

Maybe Georgi should have designed it so it looks like a guppy.
--
zk
Old February 18th 08, 07:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

wrote:

Well, seeing as wooden grips are a PITA to source these days.

They're probably expensive too.

Lance Armstrong just paid $12,000 for a SS steel bike with wooden
grips and only one brake.

http://handmadebicycleshow.com/2008/...1 5&Itemid=76

It's already been crashed.

--
Michael Press
Old February 18th 08, 07:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Zoot Katz

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 23:06:27 -0800, Michael Press
wrote:

wrote:

Well, seeing as wooden grips are a PITA to source these days.

They're probably expensive too.

Lance Armstrong just paid $12,000 for a SS steel bike with wooden
grips and only one brake.

http://handmadebicycleshow.com/2008/...1 5&Itemid=76

It's already been crashed.

I thought I read Lance Armstrong bought it, not George Bush.
--
zk
Old February 26th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Rex Kerr

Jay wrote:
The Brooks grips should be a good cosmetic match with my Brooks B17 saddle.

I am wondering how well they absorb impact.

I don't know about those grips, but I'm using the elkhide sew on covers
that are sold on Velo Orange on my touring/commuting bike in all weather
and they're very soft... when it's warm enough I often ride without
gloves just because it feels so good! They've held up well to one
winter's rain using (real) neatsfoot oil to treat them. They match my
well worn B17 really well.

http://www.velo-orange.com/elsebarco.html
Old February 27th 08, 03:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hank

On Feb 17, 8:06*am, "Jay" wrote:
I did not even know Brooks makes grips until Andre suggested them. I like
the tools in this pic:

http://www.wallbike.com/brooks/brook...ebargrips.html

I am thinking about using them April - October, and then using my current
Ergon GP1 grips for the winter.

http://www.neiu.edu/~jbollyn/bike/grip_right.jpg

The Brooks grips should be a good cosmetic match with my Brooks B17 saddle..

I am wondering how well they absorb impact.

Thanks for any info.

Traditionalist J.

I've got these on my cruiser:
http://jensonusa.com/store/product/G...ain+Grips.aspx

Very comfy in both hot and cold weather, undamaged by rain, and the
dirtier you get them, the better they look. You do need to glue them
on, though. I used Elmer's Stix-All. They absolutely look appropriate
next to a Brooks. I've got a Champion Flyer on that bike.