Custom optics..

Old October 16th 13, 09:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default Custom optics..

On 16/10/13 23:43, Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:44:51 PM UTC+1, Sepp Ruf wrote:

Go ahead... but if you don't know what a Cyo looks like, you
probably

haven't seen these lenses either:

Axa Pico-30

Axa Echo-30

Hella/Spanninga HL2000/Supra-XTL

Supernova Tearofflux-2

Smart thinking, Sepp, but it's a bit difficult for James even to see
these lamps without ordering them from 12000 miles away at
substantial postage and import costs. He lives in Australia.

Andre Jute

Yep. Pretty much best I can do is look with a google image search.

http://www.amazon.de/Scheinwerfer-PI.../dp/B009FZ6EDI

Looks like a collimated lens with reflector, much like the symmetric
lenses in my home brew.

I could be wrong of course. It's difficult to see from enough angles to
make a good assessment.

--
JS
Old October 16th 13, 09:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 17/10/13 00:27, Sepp Ruf wrote:
datakoll wrote:
james could dig one up..

Postage from Foshan to his place in Southern China is domestic, isn't it? eg
http://sbc.ithey.com/uploadimg/3(2).jpg

Disclaimer: I'm not recommending their products.

If only. It cost me $30 to get a pair of rims from China - still
cheaper than buying locally.

--
JS
Old October 16th 13, 09:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 17/10/13 02:13, Andre Jute wrote:
The post below from Gene Daniels came with a notice from Google
offering to:

"Translate message to English"

LOL. Only what I, and others, have been saying for years.

Did google identify what language it had detected to translate from?

On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 1:49:37 PM UTC+1, datakoll wrote:
james could dig one up..

https://www.google.com/search?site=i...ell=1&tbm=isch

--
JS
Old October 16th 13, 11:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 10/16/2013 8:13 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
The post below from Gene Daniels came with a notice from Google offering to:

"Translate message to English"

LOL. Only what I, and others, have been saying for years.

Andre Jute

The thing is, it's all an act. A few months ago he posted something
lucid. It was actually a relief to know that he is not suffering from
some problem that causes those strange messages. But if he thinks that
it's amusing to do that, he's wrong.

Old October 17th 13, 12:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 6:02:02 PM UTC-4, sms wrote:

The thing is, it's all an act.

Some people have no appreciation for art. Philistines!

- Frank Krygowski
Old October 17th 13, 01:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

Frank Krygowski writes:

On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 6:02:02 PM UTC-4, sms wrote:

The thing is, it's all an act.

Some people have no appreciation for art. Philistines!

Which is how we appreciate Andre. He does for personality disorders what
J.M.W. Turner did for sunsets.

Old October 17th 13, 12:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 9:47:31 PM UTC+1, James wrote:
On 17/10/13 02:13, Andre Jute wrote:

The post below from Gene Daniels came with a notice from Google

offering to:

"Translate message to English"

LOL. Only what I, and others, have been saying for years.

Did google identify what language it had detected to translate from?

On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 1:49:37 PM UTC+1, datakoll wrote:

james could dig one up..

https://www.google.com/search?site=i...ell=1&tbm=isch

--

JS

I didn't check. Probably Gobbledegook. -- AJ
Old October 17th 13, 01:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Thursday, October 17, 2013 12:26:55 AM UTC+1, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 6:02:02 PM UTC-4, sms wrote:

The thing is, it's all an act.

Some people have no appreciation for art. Philistines!

- Frank Krygowski

Crap. You should stick to welding, Franki-boy, or something that you know about, though I'm hard put to think of an example. I'm a distinguished novelist, one of the world's leading teachers of creative writing, and a lifelong critic of the performing arts often condemned by now-obsolete establishments as a guerrilla, and I have no hesitation in saying that what Daniels does to a noble language is not art but atrocity.

Andre Jute
Old October 17th 13, 01:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Thursday, October 17, 2013 1:21:05 AM UTC+1, Radey Shouman wrote:

Which is how we appreciate Andre. He does for personality disorders what

J.M.W. Turner did for sunsets.

Why, thank you, Radey. As a psychologist by training who has recently returned to an old love, painting, I truly appreciate that encomium.

Andre Jute
Old October 17th 13, 06:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

Andre Jute writes:

On Thursday, October 17, 2013 1:21:05 AM UTC+1, Radey Shouman wrote:

Which is how we appreciate Andre. He does for personality disorders what

J.M.W. Turner did for sunsets.

Why, thank you, Radey. As a psychologist by training who has recently
returned to an old love, painting, I truly appreciate that encomium.

I fear I have been misunderstood. Turner's paintings do not *describe*
sunsets, they very nearly *are* sunsets. Likewise your positings.