A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Chosen hubs?

Old October 9th 15, 01:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
patrick
external usenet poster

Default Chosen hubs?

I have a Chosen (taiwan) rear hub equipped bike that needs a new freehub- the silly little spring that holds the 3 pawls in position and provides the force needed to pivots said pawls gave up the ghost. I've made a replacement spring (I'm hoping the campy pawl spring that shows at the niagara cycle site might be close enough to do the job too) but I'd like another FH. I tried emailing them- no joy after a week. Ideas?? Thanks Pat
Ads
Old October 9th 15, 01:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi
external usenet poster

Default Chosen hubs?

On 10/8/2015 7:44 PM, patrick wrote:
I have a Chosen (taiwan) rear hub equipped bike that needs a new freehub- the silly little spring that holds the 3 pawls in position and provides the force needed to pivots said pawls gave up the ghost. I've made a replacement spring (I'm hoping the campy pawl spring that shows at the niagara cycle site might be close enough to do the job too) but I'd like another FH. I tried emailing them- no joy after a week. Ideas?? Thanks Pat

I don't know.

Comments under this press release seem to indicate Easton
and Stan's as possible parts sources.

http://www.bikerumor.com/2014/09/06/...th-directions/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Old October 9th 15, 01:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi
external usenet poster

Default Chosen hubs?

On 10/8/2015 7:44 PM, patrick wrote:

a little further down the search results:

http://shop.upgradebikes.co.uk/Catal...3-Pawl-Freehub

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Old October 9th 15, 02:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
patrick
external usenet poster

Default Chosen hubs?

On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 5:45:07 PM UTC-7, patrick wrote:

A Muzi- thanks a heap!!! The "Chosen screw on freehub"on the same search page is the one I'm looking for!! Bookmarked and hopefully they will get it in stock soon. Regards Pat
Old October 14th 15, 05:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Chosen hubs?

On Friday, October 9, 2015 at 6:24:36 AM UTC-7, patrick wrote:

A Muzi- thanks a heap!!! The "Chosen screw on freehub"on the same search page is the one I'm looking for!! Bookmarked and hopefully they will get it in stock soon. Regards Pat

Don't be too surprised if it doesn't work. These companies are notorious for making look alikes where NONE of the parts match close enough to use. What's more, next year's parts are very likely to be totally different.

I have a set of Colnago CX wheels for which I can't even get a replacement freehub.
Old October 15th 15, 01:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
patrick
external usenet poster

Default Chosen hubs?

and the freaking company still has yet to respond to a simple email (now on #3) query as to availability of parts (despite the fact they show the hub body as available in their online current catalog) sigh.......