My new bike technology company... Must see sprocket!

Old October 10th 15, 11:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Segen

Default My new bike technology company... Must see sprocket!

It's based off of the oval sprocket which was based off a video i made years ago...
PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK.
If you do not know how gear sizes work, rather different shaped gears its basically just about the distance from the center which creates more or less work for the engine.
I am truly looking forward to my next phase which is the pedal arm and making that a masterpiece.
Of course I want to make the entire bicycle into a modern masterpiece but do not have the resources yet. If you like it feel free to email me or following me on twitter.

http://www.karbunfive.com/services.html
Old October 11th 15, 06:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 15:08:52 -0700 (PDT), David Segen
wrote:

It's based off of the oval sprocket which was based off a video i made years ago...
PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK.
If you do not know how gear sizes work, rather different shaped gears its basically just about the distance from the center which creates more or less work for the engine.
I am truly looking forward to my next phase which is the pedal arm and making that a masterpiece.
Of course I want to make the entire bicycle into a modern masterpiece but do not have the resources yet. If you like it feel free to email me or following me on twitter.

http://www.karbunfive.com/services.html

Shimano sold oval chain wheels, called "Biopace". from 1983 till 1993.
The best that could be said for them was, as mentioned in the Wiki,
"Some cyclists find the benefits of Biopace worthwhile".

The square chain wheel you show is not sensible as two of the corners,
where take the most effort, will have to be at portions of the pedal
path where the pedal is at either the top or bottom of its path where
you can't apply much, if any, pressure.

Which is, of course, why Shimano Biopace used oval chain wheels.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old October 11th 15, 12:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

https://www.google.com/search?site=i....3.31l9eziciv8

Bike Touring Company Marian General 24 September 23rd 08 06:17 AM
Bike Touring Company Marian Techniques 30 September 23rd 08 06:17 AM
The hottest thing in mountain bike technology [email protected] Australia 16 January 29th 07 10:37 PM
Will a big company make a 650B bike? Gooserider General 10 September 13th 06 08:49 PM
Thoughts on bike gear technology advancement John Morgan Mountain Biking 28 June 19th 04 05:09 AM