415.00 bicycle = interesting

Old October 17th 15, 05:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default 415.00 bicycle = interesting

Put fenders on the MTB I bought for $15.00 and discovered something interesting. Not only did it have mostly 1980s Deore parts (crankset, what I actually bought the bike for, derallers and hubs) but it has double eyelets on the front fork and rear dropouts. It has the double brazeons on top of the downtube for two water bottle cages and it has seat stay brazeons for the rack. What I found interesting is that the seat stay and chainstay spreaders where you bolt a fender have a threaded hole that is only on the rear not a through hole. I wish I knew who made this frame. It rides very nicely now that i put a longer stem on it.

I'l take some closeup images and upload then if anyone is interested.

Cheers
Old October 17th 15, 06:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default $15.00 bicycle = interesting

On Saturday, October 17, 2015 at 12:44:16 AM UTC-4, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Put fenders on the MTB I bought for $15.00 and discovered something interesting. Not only did it have mostly 1980s Deore parts (crankset, what I actually bought the bike for, derallers and hubs) but it has double eyelets on the front fork and rear dropouts. It has the double brazeons on top of the downtube for two water bottle cages and it has seat stay brazeons for the rack. What I found interesting is that the seat stay and chainstay spreaders where you bolt a fender have a threaded hole that is only on the rear not a through hole. I wish I knew who made this frame. It rides very nicely now that i put a longer stem on it.

I'l take some closeup images and upload then if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Topic should be $15.00 bicyle.

Cheers