A Sunday in Hell

Old June 7th 17, 05:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default A Sunday in Hell

I just saw the documentary "A Sunday in Hell",
1 hour 45 minutes, from 1976.

Paris-Roubaix with Eddy Merckx and many others.
Typical France with the race being disturbed by
a union street rally!

I'm not really into bike sports but it is
pleasant to have on in the background while
doing things, so I wondered if there are more
classic films and documentaries like this one?

Here is it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxBTVU9JDrA

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
Old June 7th 17, 08:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Appreciating the action requires involvement in some way..we had the glorious USPS. the Evil People fon Kstan, the great sprinter from Italy, Chicken Man...

The French pouring vegetable oil on the last turn...

https://www.google.com/search?gl=us&....dio NaRtqyrg
Old June 7th 17, 03:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 12:56:28 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Appreciating the action requires involvement in some way..we had the glorious USPS. the Evil People fon Kstan, the great sprinter from Italy, Chicken Man...

The French pouring vegetable oil on the last turn...

https://www.google.com/search?gl=us&....di oNaRtqyrg

And the Tour approaches. (heavy breathing)
Old June 8th 17, 01:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark J.

On 6/6/2017 9:34 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
I just saw the documentary "A Sunday in Hell",
1 hour 45 minutes, from 1976.

Paris-Roubaix with Eddy Merckx and many others.
Typical France with the race being disturbed by
a union street rally!

I'm not really into bike sports but it is
pleasant to have on in the background while
doing things, so I wondered if there are more
classic films and documentaries like this one?

Here is it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxBTVU9JDrA

_Stars and Watercarriers_, by Jorgen Leth,
the same guy who made "Sunday in Hell."

This one is about the '73 Giro d'Italia. There are others, but these
two stand out.

Mark J.
Old June 8th 17, 03:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 5:43:15 PM UTC-7, Mark J. wrote:
On 6/6/2017 9:34 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
I just saw the documentary "A Sunday in Hell",
1 hour 45 minutes, from 1976.

Paris-Roubaix with Eddy Merckx and many others.
Typical France with the race being disturbed by
a union street rally!

I'm not really into bike sports but it is
pleasant to have on in the background while
doing things, so I wondered if there are more
classic films and documentaries like this one?

Here is it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxBTVU9JDrA

_Stars and Watercarriers_, by Jorgen Leth,
the same guy who made "Sunday in Hell."

This one is about the '73 Giro d'Italia. There are others, but these
two stand out.

Mark J.

Thanks for the link Mark.
Old June 8th 17, 04:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

"Mark J." writes:

_Stars and Watercarriers_, by Jorgen Leth, the same
guy who made "Sunday in Hell."

Ah, cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUIr9LG1juw

This one is about the '73 Giro d'Italia. There are
others, but these two stand out.

I need more

Old June 8th 17, 04:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

On Thu, 08 Jun 2017 17:20:31 +0200, Emanuel Berg
wrote:
"Mark J." writes:

_Stars and Watercarriers_, by Jorgen Leth, the same guy who made
"Sunday in Hell."

Ah, cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUIr9LG1juw

This one is about the '73 Giro d'Italia. There are others, but these
two stand out.

I need more

Well, those two are relatively unique in their treatment of the subject.
But there is an excellent bio-video of Sean Kelly; and of course there
is a lot of TV coverage of various races and grand tour stages that you
can find on YouTube and elsewhere.

There used to be Famous Cycling Videos, but I think they have gone
belly-up thanks to the Interwebs. Or at least they are no longer in the
location they used to be.
Old June 8th 17, 07:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Tim McNamara wrote:

Sean Kelly [...]
There used to be Famous Cycling Videos

Sean Kelly and Famous Cycling Videos, I'll get
back with URLs if I find them.

Old June 8th 17, 07:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 6/8/2017 10:20 AM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
"Mark J." writes:

_Stars and Watercarriers_, by Jorgen Leth, the same
guy who made "Sunday in Hell."

Ah, cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUIr9LG1juw

This one is about the '73 Giro d'Italia. There are
others, but these two stand out.

I need more

This is well done:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjLnzbzuNhE