degrees of screw stainless steel

Old June 21st 17, 07:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ian Field

Default degrees of screw stainless steel

"Radey Shouman" wrote in message
jbeattie writes:

On Friday, June 16, 2017 at 9:20:14 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Friday, June 16, 2017 at 7:42:10 AM UTC-7, Radey Shouman wrote:
John B. Alocomb writes:

On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 23:37:45 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 6/15/2017 8:19 PM, John B. wrote:

My wife's eldest sister married a Usian and moved to the U.S. Her
son
married a "Native American" woman who I recently met when the
family
visited Thailand and she assured me that the "Native Americans"
were a
peace loving group.

Unfortunately my family had lived in New England since the 1600's
and
at least one of the daughters of our tribe was kidnapped by
"Indians"
and never seen again and a number of the male members were
"murdered"
by the "savages".

Two disparate points to relate: I've done some reading on the
eastern
Amerindian's kidnapping practice. Apparently, in the moral system
of
many of the tribes, it was not considered an evil act or an act of
revenge. It was often "The white people killed one of our tribe, so
they owe us a person." And the person (child, usually) who was
taken
became a fully adopted member of the tribe, and often had no wish to
return to white society. You might say "Stockholm syndrome," but I
think that humans are simply far more complicated than we normally
believe.

There is at least one authenticated case of a woman who was
kidnapped
by one of the western tribes and lived for a considerable time with
them. When she was "freed" she apparently became very depressed and
wanted to return to the tribe. This was apparently denied, after all
she had just been freed from captivity..

You're probably thinking of Cynthia Anne Parker, who was taken captive
by Commanches in Texas. She was the mother of Quanah Parker, the last
independent chief of the Commanches.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynthia_Ann_Parker

Half of all the Indians in the USA were in California. They warred
continuously against one another. Hunter/Gather societies tend to do
that. Farming communities less so except when arable land is in
short supply.

When the Spanish installed the Mission system in California the
claim by many people who aren't very bright is that they enslaved
these Indians to farm in the Missions. The Indians so hated this
that when the Spanish-Mexican War cut the funding for the Missions
and the Priests went back to Spain, the tribes who were from many
tribes retained the names of the Missions as their tribal names and
remained farmers. Enslaved indeed.

Yes, the Spaniards were well known for bringing joy and happiness to
the natives of North and Central America. Native populations
skyrocketed during the mission period! They were so happy! Singing and
dancing and praising the Lord.

They weren't all sweetness and light, but they weren't as hard on the
natives as the French and Dutch, and not nearly as hard as the English.

On another continent, the Germans and Beglians win some sort of prize.

Britain had to join the EEC because or empire was ****ed and we couldn't pay
our way without it - now our Tories have told the EU to **** off; we'll
probably be subjugating spear chuckers again quite soon.

Old June 21st 17, 08:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

[...]

"Whatever happens, we have the Maxim and they have not. "

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/