11 speed quick link

Old June 10th 17, 01:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default 11 speed quick link

I have always used shimano 10 sp road chains with Wipperman Connex quick link. They work great allow easy taking off chain. Well I now have 11 spd Ultegra want to use a connex but they cost $25. SRAM and others much cheaper. Anyone know the consensus do the others work as well? Connex I knows works but higher for sure.

Deacon Mark
Old June 10th 17, 07:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 2:34:53 AM UTC+2, wrote:
I have always used shimano 10 sp road chains with Wipperman Connex quick link. They work great allow easy taking off chain. Well I now have 11 spd Ultegra want to use a connex but they cost $25. SRAM and others much cheaper.. Anyone know the consensus do the others work as well? Connex I knows works but higher for sure.

Deacon Mark

SRAM, KMC are only meant for one time installation and not for taking of the chain for cleaning regularly. I use the KMC link, they are 6 euro on this side of the pond.. Once installed I leave the chain on. Most 11 speed quick links are for installation with less room for error. You can't install a 11 speed chain safe with a 5 dollar chaintool.

Lou