relaxation and tension

Old July 26th 17, 04:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default relaxation and tension

Despite never doing this in the nine to five
sense, and despite feeling mentally very
relaxed when I work, it would seem my body
disagrees because I have worked up some huge
tension in my neck and shoulders which
sometimes translates into a mild headache.

Ironically, because I was mocking YT in the
other thread, I have found great help in some
Yoga YT videos with a very capable American
young lady, Jen Hilman, and it really helps!

But it would seem what helps the most is not
doing bikes at all for a couple of days

I think my body is programmed to tense up when
I do things. This is very common, of course,
I see it all the time.

But it would seem increased experience and
mental relaxation does not translate into the
body being any more relaxed, alas.

In the ergonomic sense, I'm not bad, actually
I'm good, good posture etc. I've met so many
blue-collars who are completely broke despite
not really being old. When I see them suffer,
I feel sorry for them, but when I see them
work, putting their knees to the ground for
hours for example, I understand why this has
happened. So my failing ergonomics isn't on the
"outside" like that, I suppose it is on the
inside then (?).

You macho old-schoolers probably never talked
about such things, but I thought maybe you'd
know a thing or two anyway

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

CX-Ray tension with the Park TM-1? Mike Reed Techniques 12 January 26th 08 02:40 AM
spoke tension mark Techniques 79 July 24th 07 04:50 AM
b-tension Keiron Techniques 1 August 21st 06 01:13 PM
ancient form of relaxation ( laying on th ground drunk ) th ghost who rolls Recumbent Biking 0 May 30th 05 01:25 PM
do you see any tension here? gym gravity Racing 28 September 22nd 04 08:18 PM