UCI Email - The Missing Link

Old June 25th 05, 01:31 PM
rooman

Default UCI Email - The Missing Link

[image: http://www.cyclingforums.com/images/icons/icon3.gif] *UCI Emai
- The Missing Link*
It's been removed from the UCI website, so just in case you might hav
something to say to the UCI about UCI President elect Pat McQuaid lyin
to the world over the IOC and the Kilo/500 here it is:

want to tell them all to resign? , I feel no lesser sanction is goo
enough!:mad
_________________
*Roo
"There are no ordinary moments"
-dan millman-the way of the peaceful warrior

--
rooman

Old June 26th 05, 11:53 AM
rooman

flyingdutch Wrote:
ummmm. look dont shoot me for this but as many others have pointed ou
complaining to the UCI is rather pointless as the decision either wa
rests with the IOC, not the UCI. NFI about how all this will turn ou
but makin noise with a middleman (and a yet-to-be-elected one at that!
is a tad futile IMHO
They can all resign. It wont make any difference to the kilo/500
now!!
The time to make noise to the UCI was 6-12 months ago. Now its in th
IOC's hands (which I sincerely hope the change! even if it mean
another UK gold medal ! AND it would be good to see the 'home' team wi
a gold in the women's 500m even if it is at the expense of 'our' Anna :
)

agree, they wont do a thing, and they will just cross swords o
semantics with the IOC in the meantime.....but give the buggers hel
anyway, they laid down like a wet tissue when the IOC said no mor
extra events, and what have they done since then...have they sai
anything about lobbying to get rythmic gymnastics ( opening ceremon
has enough) and synch swimming ( went out with Tarzan movies) and som
of the riding events ( aheemmmmm, elitist or what?) removed at the u
and coming vote on sports that survive?...they have done seemingl
bugger all...so why let them have peace?, especially when they hid
their email addresses on the web site straight after the petitio
started to gather signatures.....if they have been lobbying quietl
well maybe they should just drop the odd hint

IMHO it's probably time for the world to drop the olympics for a decad
or two!, it's become a farce

--
rooman

Old June 27th 05, 06:30 AM
Carl Brewer

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 20:53:18 +1000, rooman
wrote:

agree, they wont do a thing, and they will just cross swords on
semantics with the IOC in the meantime.....but give the buggers hell
anyway, they laid down like a wet tissue when the IOC said no more
extra events, and what have they done since then.

How do you know this is the case? For all we know, they
may have fought tooth & nail to keep these events in,
and lost. Bagging them won't do anything except
potentially hurt the people who may have been doing
all the "right" things anyway.

The olympics is a farce, that's true, but for the trackies
(which the UCI will understand) it's the one big
thing.

Old June 27th 05, 11:02 PM
rooman

Carl Brewer Wrote:
On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 20:53:18 +1000

How do you know this is the case? For all we know, the
may have fought tooth & nail to keep these events in
and lost. Bagging them won't do anything excep
potentially hurt the people who may have been doin
all the "right" things anyway

The olympics is a farce, that's true, but for the trackie
(which the UCI will understand) it's the one bi
thing.

I did say ".....if they have been lobbying quietly well maybe the
should just drop the odd hint.

The Aussie's Federation and others made plenty of noise to the UCI t
encourage them, it fell on deaf ears!, and the submissions/vote fro
all the federations to remove any event had the Road TT the lose
hands down, but they (The UCI management committee) excluded it fro
the count. So it was manipulated beforehand, there was/is a clea
agenda...and maybe it is about getting up the nose of the IOC as wa
said in ohter threads...and maybe we might see some of the "silly
"sports" get the chop from the vote to remove for 2012....and it i
also possible that cycling also gets the chop...and this recent episod
over the 1K/500 may be sending a lot of messages to the IOC members tha
the UCI is a wank and needs to cool its heals on the outer of Olympi
sports for a while, if not for good...

Yes Carl, a lot of maybes, and in the abscence of enlightenment fro
the UCI, I am not too happy to give them the benefit of the doubt whe
they seem to ignore some sensible facts and recommendations from th
senior federations and fly in the face of logic and public opinion...

Do you know something about the "for all we know, they may have fough
tooth & nail" bit, that they havn't enlightened us about....? There'
precious little detail out there other than some huffing and puffin
and curiously convoluted waffle in their press releases, and
downright lie from their President elect...

On the surface, they dont merit your concession

...what the hell...lets just ride more and drink more beer i
interesting places

--
rooman

Old June 28th 05, 12:19 AM
flyingdutch

Carl Brewer Wrote:

How do you know this is the case? For all we know, they
may have fought tooth & nail to keep these events in,
and lost. Bagging them won't do anything except
potentially hurt the people who may have been doing
all the "right" things anyway.

The olympics is a farce, that's true, but for the trackies
(which the UCI will understand) it's the one big
thing.

President Elect upon being handed petition...

""They [the IOC] came to us 18 months ago asking for the inclusion o
BMX. We agreed to that and knew we'd have to drop two medals t
accommodate BMX. We didn't make any decision at the time. We tried t
brazen it out with the IOC, hoping they'd forget about events having t
be excluded. It was the IOC who told us to exclude track events, no
road, because the women's 500m, for instance, was only introduced [int
the Olympics] at Sydney [in 2000]."

in other words they put in their concerns then stuck their head in san
"We didn't make any decision at the time. We tried to brazen it ou
with the IOC, hoping they'd forget about events having to b
excluded."

So they didnt do any follow up, they didnt lobby, they just bent ove
and thought to themselves "that's OK i free have tickets to th
olympics

--
flyingdutch

Old June 28th 05, 01:30 AM
Carl Brewer

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 08:02:39 +1000, rooman
wrote:

Do you know something about the "for all we know, they may have fought
tooth & nail" bit, that they havn't enlightened us about....? There's
precious little detail out there other than some huffing and puffing
and curiously convoluted waffle in their press releases, and a
downright lie from their President elect....

No, I don't know, but I perfer to err on the side of them
not being the bad guys, unless there's some pretty
good evidence that they're not.

..what the hell...lets just ride more and drink more beer in
interesting places!

I'm all for that!

Old June 28th 05, 01:51 AM
Carl Brewer

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:19:16 +1000, flyingdutch
wrote:

Carl Brewer Wrote:

How do you know this is the case? For all we know, they
may have fought tooth & nail to keep these events in,
and lost. Bagging them won't do anything except
potentially hurt the people who may have been doing
all the "right" things anyway.

The olympics is a farce, that's true, but for the trackies
(which the UCI will understand) it's the one big
thing.

President Elect upon being handed petition...

""They [the IOC] came to us 18 months ago asking for the inclusion of
BMX. We agreed to that and knew we'd have to drop two medals to
accommodate BMX. We didn't make any decision at the time. We tried to
brazen it out with the IOC, hoping they'd forget about events having to
be excluded. It was the IOC who told us to exclude track events, not
road, because the women's 500m, for instance, was only introduced [into
the Olympics] at Sydney [in 2000]."

in other words they put in their concerns then stuck their head in sand

Or someone's playing politics? I still wouldn't go blasting some
poor lackey who has the unfortunate job of reading the email they
get sent. Even if a president-elect is suggesting
naivety on the part of the UCI.

Old June 28th 05, 02:14 AM
flyingdutch

Carl Brewer Wrote:

Or someone's playing politics? I still wouldn't go blasting some
poor lackey who has the unfortunate job of reading the email they
get sent. Even if a president-elect is suggesting
naivety on the part of the UCI.

i (think) he was quoting Australia's reps actions/position in tha
speel.

to me it just sounds like horse-bolted, close door...

the time to run that petition (or for us all to hear about the scenari
and 3rd parties to do so) and the Oz reps to be outspoken on it was 1
months ago.

If only NIKE made track bikes :rolleyes

--
flyingdutch

Old June 28th 05, 06:55 AM
rooman

flyingdutch Wrote:
i (think) he was quoting Australia's reps actions/position in tha
speel

to me it just sounds like horse-bolted, close door...

the time to run that petition (or for us all to hear about the scenari
and 3rd parties to do so) and the Oz reps to be outspoken on it was 1
months ago.

If only NIKE made track bikes

isnt it a lot of horse manure!!...the IOC have flatly denied maQuaid'
statement that they (they IOC) asked for track to be removed....an
that all they said was ...-at this point in time you cant have any mor
events so if you want to add a new one you have to remove one...sam
goes for all other sports-...the UCI made the decision...(we are tol
by the UCI), after they got submissions and after they got votes fro
the federations ( which selected the RoadTT to go, and the UCI exclude
all votes on the RoadTT and came up with the Kilo and the 500 out an
BMX in.....that's what has come out in the media, plus the UCI wit
some waffly statement that was impossible to decide what they wer
really saying in their press release like "we had conclusiv
deliberations and made a decision for an outcome that is nothing lik
reality" ...figure that one out?..I think it lost a heap in translatio
obviously from Swiss to French, to Flemmish, to German, to Spanish, t
Kazak, to Swahili and then finally into Fronglay/Henglish....

maybe no one knows what they did, or why, just that they got together
had a few beers and horsesdouvres, with a strong espresso and som
waffles and tossed darts at a spinning wheel.....

sounds like a good way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

--
rooman