Share the Road "business" cards

Old December 5th 05, 03:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc

Default Share the Road "business" cards

(Note: the email address displayed above is not read - see below for
the real address)
I created a Word document yesterday that contains a bicycle warning
sign and a "share the road" supplemental on one side, labeled "friendly
reminder" on one side. On the reverse, I've included the main Michigan
Traffic law pertaining to me, namely MCL 257.657. (Of course,
substitute the law for your state when making yours). Printing these on
a home printer onto cards that can be purchased relatively cheaply, and
then distributing them at bike shops, parking lots that don't ban
soliciting, and such seems like a decent way to advocate w/o spending a
lot of money, and w/o having to deal with much aggravation. FWIW, the
creator of the sign image permits its use; however, the text needs to
be included, and the cards would not be allowed to be sold, only given
away. The card template is #8371 or #5371. Print page 1 (only) on one
side, and then page 2 on the other.

If anyone creates versions for other states, it would be great to let
the newsgroup know. Please email me (see below for address) if you want
a copy. Thanks.

Later,
Nelson Chen

(remove hyphen for correct address)

__o Same road Boycott Wal-Mart, union-buster.
_`\,_ Same rights
(_)/ (_) Same rules

Is there such a thing as "road tax" in the UK? Matt B UK 127 May 31st 05 09:44 AM
Journey from the End of the World Simon Brooke UK 3 February 15th 05 08:09 AM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM
Share The Road Ray Heindl General 2 July 16th 03 03:57 AM