Should SUV Driving amount to Drunk Driving?

Old December 15th 07, 08:33 PM posted to alt.scooter,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Claire Petersky

Default Should SUV Driving amount to Drunk Driving?

"George Conklin" wrote in message

"smn" wrote in message

. Cyclists are doing you a favor
but are grossly unloved.

Right. By slowing a whole road down to 10 mph, they are doing no one a
favor. You are causing huge amounts of congestion.

Ha ha ha ha ha! This is so funny! I can just imagine George's eyes twinkling
when he wrote this one.

As we all know, the cause of congestion is cars. Several times this last
month I've had to drive to work, and I didn't see thousands of bicycles in
front of me on I-90, slowing the freeway down to a halt. They were all
nicely pedalling along on the I-90 bicycle trail, merry and free, while I
was shut into my malodorous steel box, creeping along in stop-and-go
traffic.

There were one or two I had to pass on suburban streets on my way to the
freeway, but if I lost more than a second or two getting around them, I
don't remember one way or the other.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/

Old December 20th 07, 01:05 AM posted to alt.scooter,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Tom Sherman[_2_]

George Conklin wrote:
"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
George Conklin wrote:
"smn" wrote in message
bicycle crowd?

Compared to bicycles, cars are not outnumbered but we do pay all your
bills.
hope you don't hurt your finger tips banging out your BS

How many dollars do you pay per mile to build and maintain roads for
bicyles? Zero.

Local roads (in the US) are built with funds that do NOT come from motor
fuel taxes or other motor vehicle related fees. But one would not expect
a smug cager to have a clue.

Our city streets get significant money from the gasolene tax, but I would
not expect you to admit to that fact.

What is "gasolene" and what is the tax on it?

"Localized intense suction such as tornadoes is created when temperature
differences are high enough between meeting air masses, and can impart
excessive energy onto a cyclist." - Randy Schlitter
Old December 21st 07, 03:10 AM posted to alt.scooter,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Tom Sherman[_2_]

"donquijote1954" who? wrote:
On Dec 20, 6:40 pm, ":-/" wrote:
On Dec 20, 3:03�pm, donquijote1954
wrote:

What you want us to do, get a stationary bike
if we want to live long enough to see you walk to work? I hope to live
to see it.

No, I want you to google up your favorite pornography and find
something to occupy your hands and mind so you'll stop typing your
stupid ****.

You probably entertain yourself in some form of masturbation while
driving. Mental or real doesn't matter. You are a danger to the
public. Masturbation on the road (or other selfish pursuits, like the
phone) should be banned.

Anyway I know antisocial scum like you show little regard for others.
But isn't the fast drivers that have to go to school, it's the
retarded morons who need to make room for others that are better able
to drive.

See what real people have to say...

'I had the opportunity to speak to someone who exhibited one of the
most annoying and self-righteous behaviors on the road. As soon as
they entered the freeway, they would move immediately to the left-hand
lane - there was nobody to overtake or avoid. I was in the car with
this person, and after seeing them do this twice, I asked why they
moved immediately to the left-most lane. I got the expected "how dare
you criticize my driving?" attitude and the crap response that the
left lane was the safest because nobody could overtake you. With such
bigoted attitudes, no wonder there's so much roadrage.'

In Germany the "left lane bandits" would soon lose their licenses, just
as would the morons that pass on the right (reverse directions for
Commonwealth island nations and Japan).

"Localized intense suction such as tornadoes is created when temperature
differences are high enough between meeting air masses, and can impart
excessive energy onto a cyclist." - Randy Schlitter

Should SUV Driving amount to Drunk Driving? donquijote1954 General 278 December 30th 07 12:12 AM
Should SUV Driving amount to Drunk Driving? Jack May Social Issues 121 December 21st 07 03:10 AM
Courier Mail: Drunk cyclist is banned from driving Donga Australia 17 March 7th 06 04:41 AM
Drunk Driving Penalties BIKE AU Racing 0 May 12th 05 04:41 AM
True drunk driving story. Simon Mason UK 48 May 25th 04 12:48 AM