Council that fined girl, 5, for running lemonade stand slaps bikeshop owners with penalty for offering a free pump

Old August 2nd 17, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

Default Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 11:35:24 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

See where the cars are parked, then the shops display items filling the
remaining gap.

Yes I know this is not the aspect that has the pump, but I tend to think
the pump was not why the council got nippy in the first

Oh those poor pedestrians having to walk round something.... For ****'s
sake people need to stop being so damn pedantic and get on with life.

Are you an idiot or what?

--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange world:
"Someone (a Scotsman) once told me he doesn't bother wiping his arse if he's
Old August 2nd 17, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 13:49:23 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

..and people with pushchairs or wheelchairs have they to stop being "so
damn pedantic"? Hardly room to walk between those bikes and those
cars never mind if you are carrying shopping or, heaven forbid in a
wheelchair.

If the wheelchair or pram can't get through where I can walk through,
it's unfit for purpose. Why change the entire world for them instead of
just changing their wheelchairs? Your taxes are funding the disabled
folk.

Sociopath, it's YOU who is unfit to live within human society. It's the very
reason why you are an unemployable, "permanently ill", social misfit ...and
one of the very disgusting sort!

--
Unemployable, mentally handicapped Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson"
LOL) about his life as a dole and welfare who
Old August 2nd 17, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 14:09:08 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

or have poor or non existent eyesight

What do you think white sticks and guide dogs are for?

Idiot!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) life as a ******:
"When I was 14, there were places in forests where people would leave
Old August 2nd 17, 04:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

Default Council that fined girl, 5, for running lemonade stand slaps bike shop owners with penalty for offering a free pump

On Wed, 2 Aug 2017 13:23:30 +0100, soup wrote:

Looks pretty narrow to me.
https://postimg.org/image/l9idspecv/
See where the cars are parked, then the shops display items filling the
remaining gap.
Yes I know this is not the aspect that has the pump, but I tend to think
the pump was not why the council got nippy in the first

Oh those poor pedestrians having to walk round something.... For ****'s
sake people need to stop being so damn pedantic and get on with life.

..and people with pushchairs or wheelchairs have they to stop being "so
damn pedantic"? Hardly room to walk between those bikes and those
cars never mind if you are carrying shopping or, heaven forbid in a
wheelchair.

You are talking to demented REAL sociopath! He's the one who first sends (by
his own account) complaint letters to councils when things are in his way!
No, this is NOT made up! ;-)
Old August 2nd 17, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 16:25:27 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH most of the inevitable idiotic BLATHER

The entire world has been ****ed over by the disabled. They think they
have the right to be able to go everywhere in their chairs. ****ing
ramps everywhere, extra expense for all. Parking spaces marked disabled
everywhere (although they're handy as they're always empty for me to
use).

But, but, Birdbrain: YOU are YOURSELF disabled, even if it's "only"
mentally!

And, yes, that was QUOTEWORTHY again! Thanks, little idiot!

--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) weird sociopathic
world:
Old August 2nd 17, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

******son Sword is a troll, stop feeding it.
Old August 2nd 17, 07:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Tue, 1 Aug 2017 20:37:49 +0100
TMS320 wrote:

On 01/08/17 19:29, Tony Dragon wrote:

Unless of course you are a wheelchair user that has to use a busy
road as there is no room on the path.

I expect many people look forward to the day when authorities have as
much zeal to go after the people that leave their car on the pavement

If cars are regularly parked in such a way that they cause
danger/inconvenience and complaint from other road users, the council
will normally issue a warning then take enforcement action.

as they do with the people that put out small items that are much
easier to move out of the way.

A whole load of bikes that have been arranged on the pavement is not
easy to move out of the way, and will be impossible for someone in a
wheelchair - you have to either turn one so it's more parallel to the
wall, then the next, then the next ... or move at least some to a
different location.
These people are trying to use the pavement as shop space, because you
can't sell many bikes from a shop too small to display them. Some
shops own some of the pavement in front, so can use it for display, but
this one clearly doesn't.
Their argument is probably that it's a quiet road and there's an
unobstructed pavement on the other side, but the council can't
discriminate between one "unauthorised obstruction" case and the next.
If the shop owners apply for permission to put stuff outside their shop
then the council can take this into consideration when deciding whether
to allow it.

Old August 2nd 17, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 02-Aug-17 1:49 PM, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 13:23:30 +0100, soup

On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 10:32:08 +0100, soup wrote:

The bicycle is irrelevant. Most towns have shops with a few goods
outside to encourage custom. And the council are blatantly lying.
You
can see in the first photo in the article that it isn't a narrow
pavement.
[...]

You must be very fat.

---

Old August 2nd 17, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 02-Aug-17 4:25 PM, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 16:21:53 +0100, soup

[...]

Bull****, a wheelchair is a lot wider than a person walking.

Then it shouldn't be.

How can a wheelchair not be wider than the person sitting in it?

And it should be able to traverse a kerb to go
round the obstruction.

So you want them to go in the road, don't forget they have to go down
the kerb perpendicular to it, get past the obstruction, and then go up
the kerb in the same way.

Besides
which the pavement would be wide enough if private companies didn't
clutter it with their crap

99% of people might be interested in the bicycles. 1% of people might
be obstructed. They lose 99 to 1.

Hardly likely that 99% of people will be interested in cycles.

Why change the entire world for them instead of
just changing their wheelchairs? Your taxes are funding the disabled
folk.

Your not changing the entire world you are just telling people they
can't
clutter up what are essentially public areas with private crap

The entire world has been ****ed over by the disabled. They think they
have the right to be able to go everywhere in their chairs.

So you want them to be second class people.

****ing
ramps everywhere, extra expense for all. Parking spaces marked disabled
everywhere (although they're handy as they're always empty for me to use).

Can you post a picture of you using a disabled bay without a blue badge,
please give date, time and location.

---

Old August 2nd 17, 08:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 02-Aug-17 2:09 PM, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 14:03:19 +0100, MrCheerful
wrote:

On 02/08/2017 13:23, soup wrote:
[...]

A guide dog walks beside the blind person, even greater width is then
required.

---

OT cyclist fined after running a red light. doug UK 6 July 21st 17 03:29 AM
discount girl easter dress baby girl briggs washington state northface metropolis girl [email protected] Recumbent Biking 0 March 24th 08 01:37 PM
Lemonade drinkers John Hearns UK 27 September 25th 05 09:21 AM
Useful gadget for Trike owners - DIY stand from scrap wood (Swiftlet) Paul W Recumbent Biking 2 November 25th 04 10:00 AM
Melbourne Council wants to startup 'free bike' schemeikes flyingdutch Australia 15 March 3rd 04 05:41 PM