OT Propelled inline skating

Old May 2nd 11, 02:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John Doe

Default OT Propelled inline skating

My push stick requires even more skill than ordinary street
skating (which is a bear to learn), but detached motorized skating
is fun. This version relies on leverage instead of static weight
for wheel traction. It resembles a Roller Cycle but it is
electric, not nearly as powerful, and it weighs only 6 pounds. It
is carried when not in use instead of always towed.

Attaching a motor directly to a skate removes more fun than it
adds.

I got some help with the design here in this group (and others). I
ended up not using a unicycle wheel, but that is still possible
for another design.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210 N04/ (without the sign)

Good luck and have fun.

--
I am no spring chicken, but I still street skate with lots of
protective gear including a helmet of course. I fell while skating
Old May 2nd 11, 09:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

John Doe wrote:

I am no spring chicken, but I still street skate with lots of
protective gear including a helmet of course. I fell while skating
downhill today without losing a beat, thanks to the gear.

So much for the wisdom and dignity that is supposed to come with
age.

Chalo

Old May 3rd 11, 04:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,free.UseNet
John Doe

Chalo chalo.colina gmail.com wrote:

John Doe wrote:

My push stick requires even more skill than ordinary street
skating (which is a bear to learn), but detached motorized
skating is fun. This version relies on leverage instead of
static weight for wheel traction. It resembles a Roller Cycle
but it is electric, not nearly as powerful, and it weighs only
6 pounds. It is carried when not in use instead of always
towed.

Attaching a motor directly to a skate removes more fun than it
adds.

I got some help with the design here in this group (and
others). I ended up not using a unicycle wheel, but that is
still possible for another design.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210 N04/
(replace the space with an AT sign)

I am no spring chicken, but I still street skate with lots of
protective gear including a helmet of course. I fell while
skating downhill today without losing a beat, thanks to the
gear.

So much for the wisdom and dignity that is supposed to come with
age.

Is that supposed to mean something? Go ahead, spit it out, what are
you trying to say?
--

Chalo

see also Google Groups
From: Chalo chalo.colina gmail.com
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: OT Propelled inline skating
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 13:05:23 -0700 (PDT)

Old May 3rd 11, 08:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

John Doe wrote:

Chalo wrote:

John Doe wrote:

I am no spring chicken, but I still street skate with lots of
protective gear including a helmet of course. I fell while
skating downhill today without losing a beat, thanks to the
gear.

So much for the wisdom and dignity that is supposed to come with
age.

Is that supposed to mean something? Go ahead, spit it out, what are
you trying to say?

I am advancing in years, and I often lose track of whatever point I
was trying to make.

I think it was something about fruit boots in this case. And the
demographic distribution of people wearing wheels on their feet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npp37XfE47A

Chalo
Old May 3rd 11, 10:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 5/3/2011 2:08 AM, Çhâlõ Çólîñã wrote:
John Doe wrote:

Chalo wrote:

John Doe wrote:

I am no spring chicken, but I still street skate with lots of
protective gear including a helmet of course. I fell while
skating downhill today without losing a beat, thanks to the
gear.

So much for the wisdom and dignity that is supposed to come with
age.

Is that supposed to mean something? Go ahead, spit it out, what are
you trying to say?

I am advancing in years, and I often lose track of whatever point I
was trying to make.

I think it was something about fruit boots in this case. And the
demographic distribution of people wearing wheels on their feet.

Be sure to mute your sound *before* clicking on this link, to avoid
obnoxious noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npp37XfE47A

Ear cleaner for those who fail to heed my warning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKtLL7g7Cv4.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old May 3rd 11, 04:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

T[]m Sherm/\n wrote:

Çhâlõ Çólîñã wrote:

I am advancing in years, and I often lose track of whatever point I
was trying to make.

I think it was something about fruit boots in this case. *And the
demographic distribution of people wearing wheels on their feet.

Be sure to mute your sound *before* clicking on this link, to avoid
obnoxious noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npp37XfE47A

Ear cleaner for those who fail to heed my warning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKtLL7g7Cv4.

Isn't that a little like accidentally getting some Loctite in your
mouth and then cleaning it out with Marmite?

Chalo
Old May 3rd 11, 10:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

In article
,
Chalo wrote:

John Doe wrote:

Chalo wrote:

John Doe wrote:

I am no spring chicken, but I still street skate with lots of
protective gear including a helmet of course. I fell while
skating downhill today without losing a beat, thanks to the
gear.

So much for the wisdom and dignity that is supposed to come with
age.

Is that supposed to mean something? Go ahead, spit it out, what are
you trying to say?

I am advancing in years, and I often lose track of whatever point I
was trying to make.

I think it was something about fruit boots in this case. And the
demographic distribution of people wearing wheels on their feet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npp37XfE47A

Too many cuts for my aged eye and normal attention span.
Picnic and bbq is more my speed.

http://www.bkinzel.de/misc/ghg/grill1.mov

--
Michael Press
Old May 4th 11, 06:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 5/3/2011 10:44 AM, Çhâlõ Çólîñã wrote:
T[]m Sherm/\n wrote:

Çhâlõ Çólîñã wrote:

I am advancing in years, and I often lose track of whatever point I
was trying to make.

I think it was something about fruit boots in this case. And the
demographic distribution of people wearing wheels on their feet.

Be sure to mute your sound *before* clicking on this link, to avoid
obnoxious noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npp37XfE47A

Ear cleaner for those who fail to heed my warning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKtLL7g7Cv4.

Isn't that a little like accidentally getting some Loctite in your
mouth and then cleaning it out with Marmite?

More like dilute hydrochloric acid followed by a really, really, really
good fruit brandy.

"Everyone loves J.S. Bach except cretins and those with undeveloped or
improperly developed minds." - Tom Sherman

Old May 4th 11, 10:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Default OT Living music, was OT Propelled inline skating

T∅m Sherm∀n wrote:

Çhâlõ Çólîñã wrote:

T[]m Sherm/\n wrote:

Çhâlõ Çólîñã wrote:

I am advancing in years, and I often lose track of whatever point I
was trying to make.

I think it was something about fruit boots in this case. Â*And the
demographic distribution of people wearing wheels on their feet.

Be sure to mute your sound *before* clicking on this link, to avoid
obnoxious noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npp37XfE47A

Ear cleaner for those who fail to heed my warning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKtLL7g7Cv4.

Isn't that a little like accidentally getting some Loctite in your
mouth and then cleaning it out with Marmite?

More like dilute hydrochloric acid followed by a really, really, really
good fruit brandy.

If you say so. I'm more reminded of something fermented until fully
stabilized, but also until it has no remaining appeal to a well-
exposed palate.

"Everyone loves J.S. Bach except cretins and those with undeveloped or
improperly developed minds." - Tom Sherman

Procol Harum did their best to redeem it, but I personally don't
believe it was worth their time. Most human ears have moved on. At
least they grooved on it.

Music has moved at least as far beyond J.S. Bach as J.S. Bach had
moved beyond monophonic Dark Ages tunes. It's very hard to make a
case for pre-blue, pre-swing, pre-syncopation, pre-groove sounds now
that we have been programmed with the good stuff. Listening to what
passed for dance music in Western culture before the 20th century,
it's baffling that anyone could dance to it. But music is a living
thing, and after it has died, even the most skillful taxidermist can't
give back what once was there.

I admit to being somewhat spoiled by living in a highly musical
clique, within a highly musical subculture, within a city whose
musical charms are unparalleled. I don't doubt that there could be
some provincial places within the country that are, musically
speaking, three hundred years behind my corner of Austin. But actual
three hundred year old music is still dead, even in those places.

Here's my own band-- one small example of music that is very much
alive and kicking today, no taxidermy required: http://blip.tv/file/4910969
As you might notice, it doesn't even fit into a recording device. For
the full effect, it must be taken straight and undiluted directly from
the source.

Chalo

Skating Chain Paul Kopit Techniques 9 May 3rd 07 05:13 AM
WTB: DA inline 9S gear indicators Mariano pacini Marketplace 1 February 17th 07 02:07 PM
Cycling and skating? LSMike UK 3 February 14th 05 01:19 PM
Self Propelled BC Wheel UniBrier Unicycling 2 October 19th 03 02:58 AM
speed, wheels, and inline skaters skott Recumbent Biking 40 September 18th 03 10:06 AM